First grow ever - what do think?

Hello all, first time growin, found 2 seeds in a top shelf OG kush 8th, germinated and used 0.21-0.07.-.14 MG moisture control potting soil. Vegged for 3 months, and flowering took a while. I suspect that both of them are sativa dominant according to their leggy, and tall structure. Although, they were put on the "indica" shelf. A 2/2 hit and both were female, and that was very satisfying.
photo_12_11.JPG
photo_14_7.JPG
photo_1_48.jpg
photo_4_27.jpg
photo_6_17.JPG
photo_7_17.JPG
photo_11_11.JPG
photo_10_14.JPG
photo_8_17.JPG
photo_9_16.JPG

Followed by the other lady
photo_7_14.JPG
photo_10_11.JPG
photo_5_20.JPG
photo_18_5.JPG
photo_19_3.JPG
updatedcrop.jpg

I used 8-5-5 organic slow release nitrogen fertilizer for vegging, and FoxFarm's Tiger Bloom during flowering. The complete harvest is yum yum!

Re: First grow ever-whatd u think?

Thanks!, yes they are still in progress. Im thinking about ~ 3 weeks atleast for ready to harvest. Just have to see how she swells. I am excited, I feel as though outdoor grown can be the best that nature has to offer. =) I will be sure to post more pics of the nugular formations towards harvest time.

Thanks again!:woohoo:

Re: First grow ever-whatd u think?

Thank you Sir! In the beginning of vegetation I used 8-5-5 organic slow release nitrogen fertilzier ( with bone meal/ meat meal ), originally intended for tomatos, which supplied enough veg nutes for about 2 months. The first one is ocean grown, and vegged to about 6 feet tall before flowering. The second one is valley grown, and is just about 10 feet tall. After I suspected the organic fert. was all used up, for about 2 weeks intermitten between flowering, and late veg, i applied 24-8-16 MG nutrient mixture (with added nutes, metals it needs,etc.) through foliar spray and delivered in waterings. Now every other watering i apply FoxFarm's Tiger Bloom. I know it will be maybe 6 more weeks until I harvest. But being my first time, you can imagine it is pretty exciting.

Ok so there were two different grows included in this thread, the pictures were assorted chronologically. I will post what pics I have of the harvest chronologically as well. For your enjoyment brother!

Pics of the ocean grown OG up to havest. I had to harvest early due to a massive budworm infestion, and mold build up in random places, I salvaged and disinfected what I could, and have had about an ounce of dried buds curing from the first plant.
photo_10_15.JPG
photo_11_12.JPG
photo_12_12.JPG
photo_8_20.JPG
photo_9_18.JPG

photo_9_19.JPG

photo_855_.JPG

It has a very fruity, skunky aroma. It produced a nice ball of excellently fruity scissor hash. The high has a very quick onset, and hits the chest hard. It starts off upper, energetic, and optimistic, and leads into a confusing, must be couchlocked medicated high. Upon examination with jewler's lense, I found the trichomes on the buds to be halfway between clear/cloudy and amber.( Not 50/50, each individual trichome was half amber/half clear)

Now on to the second plant, this is mountain grown OG that was a gift from God, and cannot believed survived not only intense rain storms that drowned it, it became a giant that thrived in 100 degree temperatures:

photo_48_3.jpg
photo_93_.JPG
photo_130_.JPG
photo_84_.JPG
photo_944_.JPG
photo_11_13.JPG
photo_9_20.JPG
photo_9_21.JPG
photo_10_16.JPG

Like I said, both plants came from two seeds that were found in the same nug of some very high quality OG Kush from the medical dispensary. Upon germination, and much nurturing, luckily they became both female ( which I've heard is a high probably if 1 or 2 seeds are found in a female plant that produces good bud), and luckily the genetics were good, and the season went well. I have about 2 ounces of a fruity, skunky as hell smelling OG curing ready for my medical needs.

Thanks for stopping by, Hope your BluD. Pops Up!:thanks:
:420:

~RL

Very nice Bro, happy I stay tuned and asked about this :thumb:
And about BluDy so she ended staying stunted for around 20 days, after I gave her her first batch of nutes since then she has been doubling in size every week :cheer: She just hit a foot yesterday when I checked on her. I think she is starting to show sex(Female) luckily. I got some pictures but I need a memory are to upload them. I'll try to do that sometime today, check the Journal :thumb:

Most definitely, thanks, you've been there since the beginning. Hope you can squeeze in a harvest mate! But keep in mind, even if you get get frosty big nugs then you have to remember to fend off those caterpillars! They're atrocious!

Best Of Luck!!

RL

Most definitely, thanks, you've been there since the beginning. Hope you can squeeze in a harvest mate! But keep in mind, even if you get get frosty big nugs then you have to remember to fend off those caterpillars! They're atrocious!

Best Of Luck!!

RL

Always a pleasure to make a new friend, and even better and outdoors men's to help me further better my grows :thanks:

Man o Man this looks yummy :goodjob:

So you got around 2 ounces per plant?

Haha thank you!, And yes, about 2 ounces from each plant. I know that kush typically has a lower yield. So I am overall really happy with my medication. I know it isn't really comparable to some of the steroid indoor nugs that people that grow for dispsenaries have. But this stuff gets me high as hell, tastes amazing, and am just happy to have had the pleasure to see the plant grow from birth to death.

And it's only going to get better and better as it cures.

And as you could see, I never topped her, and ended up with a Monster of a cola.
But in my future grows I will experiment a little bit with the horizontal growth techniques ( LST / topping, etc. ) as I've read it can increase yields dramatically.

And as you could see, I never topped her, and ended up with a Monster of a cola.
But in my future grows I will experiment a little bit with the horizontal growth techniques ( LST / topping, etc. ) as I've read it can increase yields dramatically.

Well Congrads Bro, it payed off for you :thumb:
With BluDy I'm going to top, and do a little tie-ing down, so we'll see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom