Using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix For Autoflower - Need Advice

So what does it accomplish?

Have you ever needed to dust, sweep or otherwise clean your grow space? Yep.
Do you have fans circulating air in your grow room? Yep.
Do you grow in soil?
Do you employ "clean room" tech, with positive pressure, hepafilters and all the stuff they use for scientific clean rooms? No?

So trichome encrusted colas are sticky....and if you have ever needed to sweep up the grow room or your grow room ever collects dust....MOST OF THAT IS ON THE COLAS.

Budwashing washes off the dirt, foliar spray residue, dust, dead skin cells, insect exoskeletons, dandruff, fiber glass dust, sheetrock dust, carpet fibers or whatever else comprises the stuff in your grow room that needs to be swept up or dusted.

Those who grow in true "clean room" environments.....like if your grow room was at a computer chip manufacturer or CDC or somewhere like that, you do not need to wash your buds!

If you grow in a "regular" grow sprace, you do.

Just pretend that you're growing lettuce----not at all sticky like weed----in the same grow space. Are you really going to just pluck it out of the pot, plop it in a bowl and eat it? NO!!!! You're going to wash it.

So, in like manner, taking account the reality of a grow room----especially one that isn't in a clean room----washing the harvest is pretty much the only thing that makes any sense.

Lemon Juice and Baking Soda form a surfactant that removes crap from the buds. The sulfites in the LJ also kill spores and insure nothing bad happens during the drying time. Clean buds smoke much better and taste much better and are more healthy.

Do you have any questions?

There's a whole thread on it here somewhere.......ah...here: Bud Washing

I "invented" this process and I know for certain that several hundred people are now doing it every time they harvest. Once you try it, you'll never skip it.

I don't smoke but People who have smoked my stuff have had zero complaints. I'll see if they notice any difference after washing :)

Have you ever needed to dust, sweep or otherwise clean your grow space? Yep.
Do you have fans circulating air in your grow room? Yep.
Do you grow in soil?
Do you employ "clean room" tech, with positive pressure, hepafilters and all the stuff they use for scientific clean rooms? No?

So trichome encrusted colas are sticky....and if you have ever needed to sweep up the grow room or your grow room ever collects dust....MOST OF THAT IS ON THE COLAS.

Budwashing washes off the dirt, foliar spray residue, dust, dead skin cells, insect exoskeletons, dandruff, fiber glass dust, sheetrock dust, carpet fibers or whatever else comprises the stuff in your grow room that needs to be swept up or dusted.

Those who grow in true "clean room" environments.....like if your grow room was at a computer chip manufacturer or CDC or somewhere like that, you do not need to wash your buds!

If you grow in a "regular" grow sprace, you do.

Just pretend that you're growing lettuce----not at all sticky like weed----in the same grow space. Are you really going to just pluck it out of the pot, plop it in a bowl and eat it? NO!!!! You're going to wash it.

So, in like manner, taking account the reality of a grow room----especially one that isn't in a clean room----washing the harvest is pretty much the only thing that makes any sense.

Lemon Juice and Baking Soda form a surfactant that removes crap from the buds. The sulfites in the LJ also kill spores and insure nothing bad happens during the drying time. Clean buds smoke much better and taste much better and are more healthy.

Do you have any questions?
Does it affect the potency of the final product at all? I mean does it wash off any tricomes if you wash it to hard?

There's a whole thread on it here somewhere.......ah...here: Bud Washing

I "invented" this process and I know for certain that several hundred people are now doing it every time they harvest. Once you try it, you'll never skip it.

Thanks for sharing the info. I read it, but I still don't see any evidence for how the process improves the quality of buds. Unless they've been subjected to something that needs to be washed off, this seems unnecessary.

Here is some early morning eye candy of bubbles

420-magazine-mobile1831590964.jpg

420-magazine-mobile446266103.jpg

Happy Friyay y'all. Have a good one.

- swishaa

Does it affect the potency of the final product at all? I mean does it wash off any tricomes if you wash it to hard?

It washes off about the same number of trichomes that happen when it rains outside. In other words.....nearly zero. If you check out the budwashing thread, you'll see that several members posted lab tests, etc.

Loss of triches is not measurable. Loss of dirt and grime is....just look in the friggin' bucket. Pour it through a coffee filter if you don't believe your eyes and nose...then you can lick the slime on the filter and perhaps you'll make the connection.

Thanks for sharing the info. I read it, but I still don't see any evidence for how the process improves the quality of buds. Unless they've be subjected to something that needs to be washed off, this seems unnecessary.

I'll share a bit of evidence, mixed in with some common sense.

Cannabis tastes great. Fish Hydrolysate does not. Washing buds gets that off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dirt does not. Washing buds gets dirt off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Hair does not. Washing buds gets hair off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dead skin cells (dust) does not. Washing buds removes dead skin cells so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dry wall dust does not. Washing buds removes dry wall dust so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Neem oil does not. Washing buds removes neem oil so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Azamax does not. Washing buds removes Azamax so they taste better.

When you wash buds, and see the crap in the bucket, that crap is not going into your body. Washed buds are healthier than dirty buds.

Washing is only unnecessary when you grow in with "clean room" tech in hydro. No one here does such a thing....massive waste of time and money. If you ever need to sweep or dust, you need to wash your buds.

Question for you, Scientific: do you wash vegetable before eating them? If so, why?

Budwashing is "new" therefore we can expect the usual reactions to new information.

Lastly: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. Only in practice can the difference be seen. In other words, instead of relying on opinion and faulty logic......wash your buds and be enlightened.

Sorry for the snarky nature of the post....I'm always dealing with the same questions and poor logic when it comes to this topic and ALWAYS from people who have never tried the method. Those who try it immediately understand.

We wash buds for all the same reasons we wash dishes, cups and vegetables.

I'm gonna try it, what could it hurt.

I've only grown two plants both outdoor one washed the other not I will be washing every harvest I make from here on out. Just my $.02

Once you try it, you'll never skip it! That's the testimony of pretty much everyone.

Due to prohibition, Cannabis cultivation has been dominated by folklore more than science. As people who are "new" to cannabis cultivation and literate and fluent in various sciences begin to cultivate, many of these folkloric practices will be lost forever, which is a good thing.

Clean buds are potent buds. Dirty buds are also potent.....but they're dirty. During alcohol prohibition last century, Bathtub Gin was potent....perhaps more potent than Johnny Walker Green Label....but no one wants dirty, disgusting bathtub gin today.

Same deal with cannabis.

Loss of triches is not measurable. Loss of dirt and grime is....just look in the friggin' bucket. Pour it through a coffee filter if you don't believe your eyes and nose...then you can lick the slime on the filter and perhaps you'll make the connection.

So you must be growing outside then to have all that grime. In that case, yeah, I guess I can see the benefit. I live in a place where the air is pretty clean and we usually get a lot of rain, so even for outside I think I can skip the wash. Still, it would be easy to do and A/B test, washing one batch and not washing the other and comparing. Thanks for the info.

Clean buds are potent buds. Dirty buds are also potent.....but they're dirty. During alcohol prohibition last century, Bathtub Gin was potent....perhaps more potent than Johnny Walker Green Label....but no one wants dirty, disgusting bathtub gin today.

Same deal with cannabis.

I don't think it's fair to compare bathtub gin to a bud with a little dust on it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom