Using Miracle Grow Seed Starting Potting Mix For Autoflower - Need Advice

Cannabis tastes great. Fish Hydrolysate does not. Washing buds gets that off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dirt does not. Washing buds gets dirt off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Hair does not. Washing buds gets hair off so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dead skin cells (dust) does not. Washing buds removes dead skin cells so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Dry wall dust does not. Washing buds removes dry wall dust so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Neem oil does not. Washing buds removes neem oil so they taste better.
Cannabis tastes great. Azamax does not. Washing buds removes Azamax so they taste better.

Yikes! I don't wanna smoke those buds that have been subjected to all that, washed or dirty!

Maybe an alternative is to try to keep the plants free of chemicals (and hair and dead skins cells! yuck!) in the first place? ;)

Yikes! I don't wanna smoke those buds that have been subjected to all that, washed or dirty!

Maybe an alternative is to try to keep the plants free of chemicals (and hair and dead skins cells! yuck!) in the first place? ;)

Of course! I'm always surprised that I need to sweep and dust in the growspace, despite being very, very clean. How long can you go without dusting or cleaning?

Cuz if you have to sweep, mop and dust, you've got dead skin cells (dust) and hair and dirt on your plants....which are the stickiest things in the room if you're doing a halfway decent job.

Seriously....this makes sense.

So you must be growing outside then to have all that grime. In that case, yeah, I guess I can see the benefit. I live in a place where the air is pretty clean and we usually get a lot of rain, so even for outside I think I can skip the wash. Still, it would be easy to do and A/B test, washing one batch and not washing the other and comparing. Thanks for the info.

I don't think it's fair to compare bathtub gin to a bud with a little dust on it. ;)

Sure, why not (except for possibly wasting your time...), but why not wash some and not wash some others and give to friends for a blind test? I'll bet they won't be able to tell the difference.

I grow indoors in a very meticulous environment. I keep things very, very clean....including the buds.

The bathtub gin comparison wasn't bud to alcohol.....it was describing the prohibition mindset that dominates cannabis folklore today....just as it did with alcohol under alcohol prohibition. It's a great analogy, 'cuz it's about prohibition.

As for the rest of what you're saying: How many crops have you washed? How many crops have you harvested? How many washed buds vs unwashed have you personally tested?

Perhaps you should gain more experience to balance out the theory you're relying on. Again, no one ever goes back once they wash. It's just silly not to.

You wash veggies, right?

your plants....which are the stickiest things in the room if you're doing a halfway decent job.

You make a good point there, though I wish they were stickier.

But having said that, if a bit of skin or hair is stuck to a trich, I don't foresee it coming loose again without dissolving the trich.

So you must be growing outside then to have all that grime. In that case, yeah, I guess I can see the benefit. I live in a place where the air is pretty clean and we usually get a lot of rain, so even for outside I think I can skip the wash. Still, it would be easy to do and A/B test, washing one batch and not washing the other and comparing. Thanks for the info.

I don't think it's fair to compare bathtub gin to a bud with a little dust on it. ;)

You don't want to smoke any of this? This has all be sprayed with foliar sprays in order to increase Brix and protein production....which leads to terps and potency. All organic. Nothing chemical. It's all washed.....every time. It's all sold before it's harvested.

Picture_011289.jpg
Picture_010314.jpg
Picture_009323.jpg
Picture_007359.jpg
Picture_006383.jpg
Picture_005405.jpg
Picture_004418.jpg
Picture_003427.jpg
Picture_002424.jpg
Picture_001432.jpg
Picture_009322.jpg
Picture_008330.jpg
Picture_007358.jpg
Picture_007357.jpg
Picture_005404.jpg
Picture_009321.jpg
Picture_007354.jpg
Picture_009318.jpg
Picture_003421.jpg
Picture_006376.jpg

But having said that, if a bit of skin or hair is stuck to a trich, I don't foresee it coming loose again without dissolving the trich.
And why is that other than assumption?

THC is not water soluble. It takes fats, so with out fats why would it dissolve the trichome? Scientifically.
The baking soda and lemon juice create a compound that will help to loosen those debris, much like how Dawn "releases" grease from pans.

Trim, wash your hands with water. Still sticky (no fats)
Take some coco oil and run around your hands and then wash your hands. No sticky.

This is something that had occurred to me. I'm growing dwarf plants one at a time. That's a lot easier to manage than a big grow room.

How often do you have to sweep or dust? Before you answer....take a white glove and wipe it around your grow room, check to see if your fan has any dust on it, tops of lights, floor, walls, etc.

If your white glove stays white---you can avoid washing the buds this time. Let us know what you discover.

And why is that other than assumption?

THC is not water soluble. It takes fats, so with out fats why would it dissolve the trichome? Scientifically.
The baking soda and lemon juice create a compound that will help to loosen those debris, much like how Dawn "releases" grease from pans.

Trim, wash your hands with water. Still sticky (no fats)
Take some coco oil and run around your hands and then wash your hands. No sticky.

Yep. :thanks:

This has all be sprayed with foliar sprays in order to increase Brix and protein production....

I have seen pictures of pretty buds before that were grown without the methods you are advocating. You'll have to show me the peer-reviewed science in mainstream journals before I'm gonna buy into that Brix stuff.

We're taking this log way off topic arguing about stuff that I don't believe in and think is a waste of time. I'm gonna drop off the thread until it gets back to Swishaa's grow. Peace.

While I wa running errand this tragedy happened

420-magazine-mobile1339000101.jpg
m

That board fell over on Ricky and fucking killed him. RIP Ricky

420-magazine-mobile1967694754.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1782303051.jpg

This is super fucked up I know but hey I have 3 girls left! I just can't fuck up or have any more tragic events like that. What can I do with what was on the plant?

420-magazine-mobile168478441.jpg

Say a prayer for Rick.

-swishaa

While I wa running errand this tragedy happened

420-magazine-mobile1339000101.jpg
m

That board fell over on Ricky and fucking killed him. RIP Ricky

420-magazine-mobile1967694754.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1782303051.jpg

This is super fucked up I know but hey I have 3 girls left! I just can't fuck up or have any more tragic events like that. What can I do with what was on the plant?

420-magazine-mobile168478441.jpg

Say a prayer for Rick.

-swishaa
Damn bro! That's shitty!!

I would look into doing a whole plant extract like RSO. I think that would get you the most bang for your buck

Okay I'm sorry to laugh because that really does suck, but leave it up to Ricky to fuck something up lol!!!!

I know fuck Ricky. Oh well something like that was bound to happen down the road. Now I know to keep everything tied up outside! Sad day in America folks the wind Is fucked.

Back
Top Bottom