First Grow - Exciting Times!

chipsnsalsa05

Thought I'd give 420magazine and this forum a shout out. Some guy I know :)thumb:) is currently working through his first grow, and this site has been a TON of help from spec-ing out the grow tent, lighting, growing medium, and all around good advice. So thanks!

Here's the run down on this hypothetical grow
5 bag seeds
3 x 3 Secret Jardin tent
200w California Solarflare
2 100w CFLs (for heat mostly)
1 2x2 root heating mat
exaust fan & filter
1 exhale CO2 bag

Started with 5 bag seeds, 3 germinated. Well 4 but I overwatered the hell out of the first sprout and it died. After taking a while to dial in the heat - they were growing slow at first but once temps were up above 73F they exploded.
So here's the good news.There are 2 girls and 1 boy...not to shabby for a first stab at this...
The hard part is dispatching the male...so sad. But it does allow the opportunity to practice curing, even if its un-smokable...

Anywho...thanks for all the great advice!

Nope no questions, I'm rolling with it for now. I made hefty use of the search function so I'm set on questions for now! Found out the sexes and got all kinds of excited and wanted to say thanks!

This site is pretty friendly compared to the rest.. I tried a couple other sites (not bad) but the people there reminded me too much of myself. They are loadies who think they know it all. I really wanted to get in touch of cervantez last year and ask him a few questions. Finally figured it out though.. You learn this stuff the hard way by plowing through many plants and picking the minds of people who wear lipstick. Going out and doing it and leaving the whiners to drink their pinot. They probably don't know much anyway :)

This site is pretty friendly compared to the rest.. I tried a couple other sites (not bad) but the people there reminded me too much of myself. They are loadies who think they know it all. I really wanted to get in touch of cervantez last year and ask him a few questions. Finally figured it out though.. You learn this stuff the hard way by plowing through many plants and picking the minds of people who wear lipstick. Going out and doing it and leaving the whiners to drink their pinot. They probably don't know much anyway :)
This site has the proper "zen" to grow MMJ. The other sites have guys that insist their information is the only way to grow. I grow my way, you grow yours. If it works, go with it! I'm not a professional grower so I'll be happy as long as there's enough yield for me to smoke. As I learn, I'm sure it will get better. Good luck OP, I use a CLW 400W and I love it!

This site has the proper "zen" to grow MMJ. The other sites have guys that insist their information is the only way to grow. I grow my way, you grow yours. If it works, go with it! I'm not a professional grower so I'll be happy as long as there's enough yield for me to smoke. As I learn, I'm sure it will get better. Good luck OP, I use a CLW 400W and I love it!

Good stuff! I'm a big fan of looking to see what everyone else is doing and what the results are and then applying bits and pieces at a time to my grow...I cant help but log on everyday after I check my plants!

I totally agree, I'm a New grower & have received so much help from the Advanced Growers here on 420. There are some great people here and it's almost feels like that want you to succeed in everything you do.

My best advice is to start a grow journal. You would be surprised how many members here will stop and give you encouragement, tips and compliments along the way!

How to Make a Grow Journal

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom