First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

Th curling of the leaves are kinda bothering me, what type of soil do you have it in? The cfl is a good start, you will need more of them later, also get the light as close as possible.

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

Th curling of the leaves are kinda bothering me, what type of soil do you have it in? The cfl is a good start, you will need more of them later, also get the light as close as possible.

I just have normal organic soil i got from walgreens with the topsy turvy and im thinking it is because it is upside down is why they are curling but this is the first time ive ever seen anything like this so i wouldnt know.

alright now i have the light really really really close so i hhope it doesnt burnt the plant or topsyturvy

Is that a CFL light? or is it the one you started with?

its a cfl like you told me to go get it said it pushes 100 watts or 1600 lumens, they are both the same light

Topsy_lights.jpg

ARE MY LIGHT TOO CLOSE?

They are not too close if you have proper ventilation on them. If the air is stagnant than that might be a little too close for comfort. The idea is to have them about 2in from the CF.

They are not too close if you have proper ventilation on them. If the air is stagnant than that might be a little too close for comfort. The idea is to have them about 2in from the CF.

well its in the attic right by one of the vent things, is that good enough DOC?

3"-6" is a good distance. Do you have a fan in there? I would get some air flowing through there. Not too strong though; a gentle breeze. I would keep most of the light directly below the plant; to keep it growing straight down.
Looking good so far. This should be interesting! :popcorn:

^ Yes 3'' is a good distance. 6'' or more is a little too far in my opinion. As long as there is proper ventilation, 3'' should not be a problem. I would get some air moving around it man. It will help with heat and will also give it fresh air at all times. If it were my grow I would not leave the ventilation to an attic vent. Any type of fan will do. Think about it TT, it might just save your plant...

alright i got a little fan up there now and i set up the lights on something else ill have pics up later on and im still taking any tips or advise!

good going man! It will love you for that...

Sorry I deleted the Image for security purposes off photobucket and now i dont have it anymore so day 3 photo is gone for good.

Do NOT use offsite image-hosting services for images you wish to include in your posts at this site. It's a bad idea in general and it is against this site's rules.

Please read this thread:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
If after doing so you require help, just ask and someone will give you assistance.

its a cfl like you told me to go get it said it pushes 100 watts or 1600 lumens, they are both the same light

A CFL that produces 1600 lumens is not a 100-watt bulb. It is somewhere in the range of 22-27 watts. Please take care to use the correct names, otherwise it can confuse the newbies. (Thanks!)

ARE MY LIGHT TOO CLOSE?

Place you hand directly in front of the plants. A little warm is ok. Hot is not.

A fan was a good idea.

So its not letting me upload any pics and i cant bring them from another site so idk what to do

Day 4 About 9:00 pm

resized6.jpg

ok, it has not taken a turn for the worse. My limited experience has told me that curling means the soil PH is off, probably to high. You might want to check the PH.

11 P.M.
Day4_11pm_.jpg

ok, it has not taken a turn for the worse. My limited experience has told me that curling means the soil PH is off, probably to high. You might want to check the PH.

And how do I do that?

Back
Top Bottom