First Grow From Bag Seeds - Small Box CFL

Brack420

Hey everybody!! This is my first indoor grow and so far im having a blast and learing a ton!! I dont have much room at all and i have three kids so i had to go small and sneaky.. nuthing crazy just wawnted somthing that didnt stick out to much..I used an old strereo cabinet and attached all the lights to the shelf in it so i just have to move shelf pins around to adjust the hight of the lights..

What strain is it? Unkown bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unkown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
in Veg... For how long? 17 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black Magic organic..strait up
If soil... What size pot? 6 inch terra cotta (I know plastics better but its what i had)
Size of light?4x 26 watt cfl 6500 Kelvin 6400 lumins total
Is it aircooled? Yes 2x PC fan one in intake on in exhaust
Temp of Room/cab? 77.8-80.5
RH of Room/cab? unkown
PH of media or res? 6.0 -6.5
Any Pests ? not yet!!
How often are you watering?every two days or so
Type and strength of ferts used? Brand unkown(just got it from my parents) 18-18-21 at 1/4 strength for now

I had a very bad draining and over watering issue when they first sprouted...my bad..lol so for the first 6 or 7 days ofter sprouting they didnt do anything at all but grow there first set of leaves and then turn very yellow.. I fixed the issue by transplanting into the new black magic soil and much bigger containers..since then they have been growing like crazy!! i give them strait distilled every other watering.. any pointers are greatly appreciated!! and if i left anything out let me know and ill throw it in! :thanks: :ganjamon:

On the 17th of this month..still in bad soil and bad cups about two days after relizing the problem and backing off the water..
1-17-2013_plant_2_.JPG
1-17-2013_plant_2.JPG

2 days later on the 19th..
IMAG000815.JPG
IMAG000921.JPG

one day later the 20th
1-20-2013_plant_2_.JPG
1-20-2013_plant_2.JPG

and yesterday.. the blue thing in the pic is a small fish tank air stone to compare size..
1-21-2013_plant_2_.JPG
1-21-2013_plant_2.JPG
1-21-2013_plant_1.JPG

So any thoughts?? pointers?? crap talkin?? lol let me know what you think..

Het thanks everybody!! ill get a couple pics of the set up in a few and post them!! oh no!!! did yo get some rooting horemones from ken?? the bigger plant i started some training last night with a paper clip and got it bent over quit a bit.. The top has already straitend up a lot and ill be traing it some more in a day or two..

Hey all so its been a couple days since i last put a couple pics up..so here we go.. this one iv started training a little.I used a small paper clip to start the LST just pulled the plant over a little at a time for a couple days..
IMAG001217.JPG

IMAG001817.JPG

IMAG001418.JPG

IMAG001318.JPG

this one im just letting go for now.. i do want to top this plant at sum point when is a good time to do this what is the best way of doing it??????
IMAG001618.JPG

IMAG001518.JPG

And this is my tiny little grow box...lol i have the lumber and plans to build a bigger one in my garage when they start gettin two big for this..
IMAG001922.JPG

IMAG001121.JPG

Hey brack420,
Theyre looking good, great comeback from the over watering(weve all done it). I also have a small cab grow, maybe scrog would be the way to go if your using only cfl's, it works for me although its quite a bit of work. I set my screen a 8" and the final height is around 14"at harvest. This will maximize the cfl's ability to light all bud sites and double your yield. I keep my cfl's 1" or 2" above my plants without burning and that will massively increase available light and growth. I use 32 watt cfl's so your 26 watters will be a little cooler than mine. What ever you decide to do with them, keep those lights as close as possible and you should end up with some decent buds. Your gonna need to get some more of those lights soon, just keep adding. When you change to flowe your gonna need 2700k cfl's and a lot of them. It takes a lot of cfl power to grow weed, so maybe a small 250 watt hps would be suitable. It probably works out cheaper in cost of purchase and also power consumption, you could use the cfl's youve got as extra lighting around the edge.
Top her when she's got about six sets of leaves or at about 10 inches, this will cause at least a weeks delay in growth while she recovers, in my opinion lst is better as there is no recovery time, but if you want to experiment go for it.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom