First Grow - Otto #1 & Dakini Kush Strains

sneakynrwegn

First let me start by saying this is my first grow indoors. I have two different strands from Centennialseeds, Otto #1 and Dakini Kush. I have a closet set up with a 100 Watt Sylvania SpotGro and 2 75Watt CFL. I have a Diamond Series 100watt LED on the way along with a couple of Fluorescent Lights. Thats my setup for now. I have a fan moving air around and have made a C02 out of yeast, sugar and water. I have a container as you can see in the pics wrapped in aluminum foil on the inside and covered roughly 75% with cling wrap. LED light will arrive tomorrow and I was thinking I would then move the pots that have grown bigger to a lower shelf with the LED light hanging above....?

My Process:

Germination: Paper Towel Method I germinated the seeds until they had roots roughly an inch long then planted them in Miracle Gro seed starting potting mix.
They are in 4" Bio Degradable seed starting pots with a drainage hole in bottom

I PH balanced my tap water to 6 and have been keeping soil moist. i have two plant that sky rocketed out of the soil to about 2 1/2" tall. One of them died overnight and the other one is still healthy as you can see in the pics. I have two plants that grew from germination a week ago and started to fall over so i transplanted them into another pot and buried the stem to leave 1/4" of stem and the leaves above the soil. Any advice is much appreciated.

At what stage should I transplant to a bigger pot?

Why did they stretch 3" in a short time and just halt their growth?

What should i change to make this grow better?

re: First Grow - Otto #1 & Dakini Kush Strains

Sorry I'm new to this so bear with me here please. I germinated and planted 7 seeds two weeks ago and only 3 plants grew any and of those 3 only one is left alive. I am pretty sure I over watered them. I germinated 6 more and planted them on 12/25. Since them two have taken off and grown and 3 are starting to sprout. (I am pretty sure I planted them too deep) I had to dry the soil out and dig up the dirt around the seedlings so they were at the top and they look as if they are starting to sprout. I was given some advice to bring down room temp and raise humidity. I have pointed a fan at the lights and have another fan bringing cool air in. I have a humidifier being delivered to automate humidity and my LED should bring the temp down. I seem to be struggling a bit with keeping my plants alive. My first batch I added Superthrive to and maybe that was premature. I was also told to keep the 6 hours of darkness which I haven't been doing. I have been keeping them on a 24 hour light cycle. I was keeping them on 4 hours of darkness but the first time I did that my plant that survived was droopy and the others died. Not sure what to do to fix this. Please share your wisdom.

10 days:

My seedlings have been cracked and in the soil for 10 days now. Only one of the seedlings have taken off. Two cracked late and are very slowly showing any improvement. I removed all of the other plants as they have not showed any improvement or have turned around and died. Not sure if its the miracle grow or something that I did. Doesn't make much sense though as I have done the same to all the seedlings and one is thriving so well and the others are struggling but the conditions were exactly the same for all of them. I have been letting the soil dry between each watering and balancing the pH of the water to 6.0 to 6.5. Today I used a little bit of super thrive and am going to be switching the big plant to a larger pot and switching soil to Fox Farms in the next couple of days.

My Diamond Series LED arrived Christmas Eve and plant has taken a keen liking to the light. I have kept the two CFL lights on it as well.
Temperature has stayed between 75 -85 deg F
Humidity between 40% - 55%
Light Cycle has been 18 hours on and 6 off

I think I am going to germinate the last seeds I have left of the Dakani Kush and try to get one of those to take off like this OTTO #1 has. here are some pics of the Otto at 1 week and 10 days...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom