First grow, plants look sick need help!

Braaapinbrad

Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what's going on with my seedlings, they are doing the claw and some are alot worse than the others.

Does anyone think its nitrogen deficiency or maybe toxicity, im using MG seed starter mix with NPK levels 3.3.3. I have 3 auto flowers and they dont seem to look as bad. Im not over watering because i let them dry out in between watering once i feel pots are light i water with 6.0 ph distilled water. My temp is at 25 and my RH is at 40%.

The only thing i can think of is nitrgoen just not sure if i should do my next watering with a light feeding of flora 3 part mix to see of they pick up at all. What does everyone else think?
20190422_105127.jpg
20190422_104908.jpg
20190422_104846.jpg
20190422_104832.jpg
3 autoflowers below dont look so bad.
20190422_112413.jpg

Soil usually needs higher pH water, from 6.0 to 7.0. With the inaccuracies of most devices, the pH you read may be as much as 0.2 off. I'd first try water with a pH of 6.5, before adjusting the feed schedule.

^^^
This, and MG is notorious for poisoning young cannabis plants. Their non-organic formulas tend to rely on time released nutrients. This gives the grower no real control over how much of what the plant gets to feed. Many growers have watched their plants be destroyed MG products. Aside from being owned by an evil corporation that owns a virtual monopoly on our global food supply, their products really should be treated like a tool of last resort because they’re shit in terms of quality. There are good reasons why it’s so much cheaper than other premium soils.

^^^
This, and MG is notorious for poisoning young cannabis plants. Their non-organic formulas tend to rely on time released nutrients. This gives the grower no real control over how much of what the plant gets to feed. Many growers have watched their plants be destroyed MG products. Aside from being owned by an evil corporation that owns a virtual monopoly on our global food supply, their products really should be treated like a tool of last resort because they’re shit in terms of quality. There are good reasons why it’s so much cheaper than other premium soils.
You have no idea how badly i wish i didnt pick MG seed starter for my soil. I wish i could somehow repot them but i think its to late:(

Get some decent soil such as FFHF. Carefully bush off the outside of the current rootballs, and re=pot. A little root damage is OK, they'll recover. What you are trying to accomplish is to get some of the roots out of the MG into the decent soil.

It’s how we learn. Just transplant into better soil and feed with clean water for a bit. They should bounce right back. Lots of growers still use MG products with success so don’t feel bad about it. Autos in particular are on a set schedule and don’t leave time for problem solving and stuff. Shouldn’t be marketed as “beginner” product imo.

It’s how we learn. Just transplant into better soil and feed with clean water for a bit. They should bounce right back. Lots of growers still use MG products with success so don’t feel bad about it. Autos in particular are on a set schedule and don’t leave time for problem solving and stuff. Shouldn’t be marketed as “beginner” product imo.
Im in canada and its hard to find a good soil, we have MG or promix. I was going to transplant them later on into promix bx with added perlite.. but not sure what i could get thats "better" for now.

If they have the organic version of MG, you could go with that. The most important thing is to avoid anything with time released fertilizers—these are the killers. I’m not experienced with the Promix. I don’t think it’s soil, more of a base medium for building up a soil/grow medium profile.

If you don’t have options, then just use what you have, feed clean ph balanced water for a couple cycles until you use up everything in the soil and begin your fertilizer regimen in small doses slowly bumping it up as you go. Normally I’d recommend flushing that stuff but with autos idk if it’s worth whatever stress the flush would cause.

If they have the organic version of MG, you could go with that. The most important thing is to avoid anything with time released fertilizers—these are the killers. I’m not experienced with the Promix. I don’t think it’s soil, more of a base medium for building up a soil/grow medium profile.

If you don’t have options, then just use what you have, feed clean ph balanced water for a couple cycles until you use up everything in the soil and begin your fertilizer regimen in small doses slowly bumping it up as you go. Normally I’d recommend flushing that stuff but with autos idk if it’s worth whatever stress the flush would cause.
Hey thanks! I think im just going to flush them with ph balanced water tomorow and see if they get better, its weird because i was told the MG seed starter doesnt have much nutrients, its only 3.3.3 NPK values but it does say enriched with MG plant food. The 3 autos however are looking better than the rest, slight tip burn so hopefully after the flush everything clears up.

Im in canada and its hard to find a good soil, we have MG or promix. I was going to transplant them later on into promix bx with added perlite.. but not sure what i could get thats "better" for now.

If you are near a hydroponics shop, many also carry soil. In the Halifax area Steve's Hydroponics can help you out.

Promix is a peat based substrate. From their website it contains:
  • Canadian sphagnum peat moss (75-85%)
  • Perlite
  • Vermiculite
  • Limestone (pH adjuster)
  • Wetting agent
  • Mycorrhizae - PTB297 Technology
These products sold by Canadian Tire may do the trick.
  • Pro-Mix Organic Soil Moisture Mix, 28.3-L
  • Nature's Care Organic & Natural Potting Mix, 28.3-L
Note that I have not used them.

Back
Top Bottom