First grow Purple Kush

irish122970

420 Member
Hi,
this is my first grow of a purple kush that is 32 days into flower. i have a 600w led light and ph'd water at 6.5 along with using bloom nutes (every other watering is with nutes). i have topped this plant many times through veg and have lst'd the plant through flower so i can get maximum light penetration. my question is do i need side lighting to help the buds grow more stacked for max yield or should it be fine with just overhead lighting.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
IRISH

Attachments

• IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4770.jpg
    IMG_4770.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 105
I just use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method for this plant and everything has worked out fine. Ph’d water, promix with perelite, every other watering do a feeding of nutes, keep the light about 18” away ( that distance may change depending on the type of light)....last but not least just let her grow and all will be fine

Maximize yields without topping plants. It's been tested and its a thing.

This advice for the Craft Grower. ^^^

Bigger plants = larger yields.

Cut back on nutrients and watch the colors show. You want to grow flowers now, not bigger more leaves. If you let it go now without nutrients, the plant will use up all that is stored in the leaves to grow bigger fatter flowers. At the expense of the leaves. At harvest you have arms full of flowers.

If you are in soil without nutrients - say peat moss or other, just cut WAY back on nutrients. The plants are big and leafy. There's nutrients in the leaves. Put them to work.
Translocation
Watch the flowers grow bigger and leaves yellow and die back.

It's a leap of faith.

You got this.

That’s awesome advice bobrown14 and I will cut back on the nutes to
Allow the plant to pull the nutes from the foliage to create bigger buds. Going forward I will cut back on the amount of toooing I do in future grows.
Thanks again
Irish

Excellent job with that plant.

looks like i have some light burn...or nute problem
i have cut back on nutes and using straight 6.5ph'd water.
lights are 18" above plant so i moved it up to 24" to see if that helps
any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom