First Grow - Small & Simple

baymont

Growing some unknown seeds from an online store. Mainly I'm testing the waters with the housemate ... they've never smoked and are opposed to marijuana. My goal is to keep this grow (also my first) very short and small, then hopefully future grows will be more intense. If I can make it to harvest, it's a win win. I'm viewing the grow as a small PC grow minus the PC.

I have 4 plants going that are about 5" tall getting 20 hours of light. They were seedlings outside for about 2 weeks. I recently brought them in and kept them under a T8 florescent for about a week. As you can see, they're long and scrawny, prolly due to the lack of lighting.

I added a CFL yesterday, along with a fan and Mylar. I found another lamp but need to get another CFL bulb. I'm utilizing a $30 'greenhouse' cart (Gardman R687 4 Tier Mini Greenhouse) that is found at the home improvement stores that is rubbish outdoors. Hopefully with the new additions I'll see more horizontal growth.

Thoughts? I'm contemplating putting the plants on a lower shelf and putting a top on the cart to make it less noticeable, but haven't figured out the lighting and ventilation.

image_2_6.jpg

image_1_7.jpg

It has been all of 3 days, but I feel like with my progress and education, it has been weeks. Plants have grown all of 0.5" but look to have gained some mass. I've also decreased the light from 24/0 to 18/6. You may notice some brown spots on the plant on the back. I've added a modest amount of Epsom salts. I have of yet added ant nutes minus some water and a light amount of compost tea. Whether or not it was a mag deficiency, we'll see.

I've wrapped the grow house in Mylar, added 2 work lights, and all three now have splitters — giving my 4 plants in 3 sq ft with 7 CFLs. Perhaps a hair short of the desired 10k lumens, but much better than before. I've also upgraded my PC fan with a 7" clamp fan.

Most importantly, my housemate and I had a heart to heart. They thought the legal implications were much greater than they were, plus have only had negative experiences with those who have used. I on the other hand have only had positive. They seem to be more comfortable with me growing as long as it's modest and somewhat stealth. Due to this, I'm planning on growing these to only 6 inches then vegging them. It has been over a year since I've consumed and the faint smell has me craving a deep breath of the beautiful mj.

My main concern at the moment will be the odor. We'll see! If need be, I think I can manufacture and mount a filter to the top.

image11785.jpg

Still chugging along.

I'm about 5 days into 12/12 and they seem to be gaining a lot of mass. They're around 7-8" tall, thinking of fabbing an air filter soon.

Keeping an eye out for pistils but nothing yet. Can anyone guess as to if they're more satvia v indica?

Looks like I have a dude. Fingers crossed it's only 1 out of 4! (posted asking for confirmation in another thread since it seems a little empty in here :) )

photo_5193.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom