First grow trichome question

Autumnsday

420 Member
I have 4 northern lights auto s in fox farm ocean forest 5g pots. I just bought a jewelers loupe and not sure how near I am to harvest. Or if I should start to flush?

Attachments

• received_711981549289725.jpeg
    received_711981549289725.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 20191106_190900.jpg
    20191106_190900.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
  • received_588992841640316.jpeg
    received_588992841640316.jpeg
    618.4 KB · Views: 229
I agree that they need some more time. Also, I grow in soil and don't flush. It's not necessary. No sense in starving your plants at the end of your grow and it does not affect the taste.

Wait for them to turn cloudy (hard to tell from the pic if they are) and then if you want some say 10-20% amber before harvesting. Amber trichomes are the THC degrading into other chemicals (I think CBG, etc), a few amber trichs should mean its reached its max capacity and is now on the downslide.

Look at the trichomes on the calyxes instead of the trichomes on the leaves. Although I am not an autoflower grower I believe I have read that you count days from the first pistils appearing on the plant not the day it was planted, but I may be wrong as autos are not my thing, so wait for conformation on that. Or look around for it using the search function would be faster.

Look at the trichomes on the calyxes instead of the trichomes on the leaves. Although I am not an autoflower grower I believe I have read that you count days from the first pistils appearing on the plant not the day it was planted, but I may be wrong as autos are not my thing, so wait for conformation on that. Or look around for it using the search function would be faster.
Ya I read something like that too. Not to count from seed. But there's just so much info out there....

I just finished two autos a couple of weeks ago. From my experience and research, you shouldn't trust what the breeder says. It's all in the trichomes. One plant was right in the stated flowering window, the other was a couple of weeks early. You have to look real close at the trichomes on the calyxes. You want cloudy like plastic, not clear like glass. Some amber doesn't hurt either. Also, like another person posted on a different thread; when you think it's ready, wait a few days. Patience is key.

Back
Top Bottom