First Grow: Wonder Woman Plus Others, 4x4 Tent, 1000W Light, DWC

That's a pretty nifty and creative setup! I like the idea of having those conditions automated, anything to make growing more efficient! :cheer: Would you say you noticed a considerable increase in your yield/quality and/or plant vigor after setting the system up compared to before?

Lol!! Things have gotten better it took sometime. I chased that info on lights nuts ph an tried to dial all that shit in just fighting myself when i finally relized all this is happening because of my environmental condition swings.Dont get me wrong Im still tweaking things I excepted that its what ya gotta do but its so much easier to fix the problem when you can see when it usually starts or have a controller that steps in an sets shit straight again. The kids dont like major fluctuation is what ive noticed. They can adapt to what conditions are pretty quickly but when they get wrenched up an down they get pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lol!! Things have gotten better it took sometime. I chased that info on lights nuts ph an tried to dial all that shit in just fighting myself when i finally relized all this is happening because of my environmental condition swings.Dont get me wrong Im still tweaking things I excepted that its what ya gotta do but its so much easier to fix the problem when you can see when it usually starts or have a controller that steps in an sets shit straight again. The kids dont like major fluctuation is what ive noticed. They can adapt to what conditions are pretty quickly but when they get wrenched up an down they get pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well let us know if you start a journal here, I'd really like to see your setup in action! :thumb:

Well, this is my first time growing and wanted to share my progress along the way. I really have no idea what I'm doing but my next door neighbor the infamous "Frizz" who turned me on to the idea will be teaching me as I go. We're hoping to net 3 pounds of sticky icky from 4 plants in a 4x4x8 tent. We will be growing : Wonder Woman, northern lights, blue Heyena, Black Heyena, and a mystery seed.

Thanks for the ring JTAY. I'll be glad to follow along and toss in a bit of experience in comment form if appropriate. Seems like you are getting there quite well already!

Thanks for the heads-up that you are also trying some Hyena beans. No real expectations right now but who knows? Might be monsters? We'll see.

The truest words about growing ever written came from a pack of seeds..."The better you grow, the more you'll get."

Peace, Hyena

Good evening everyone!

Today is 1 week from when we germinated the seeds and a few days out from transplanting into buckets! Apparently suspending the seeds in a deep container and submerging the bottom of the Peat in distilled water with the powdered nutrients gave us some crazy long roots. We ended up planting two new seeds for Wonder woman and Northern lights because we weren't sure they were recieving enough water with the way they were suspended. So now the new seeds are 3 days behind the rest of the plants. Frizz actually took the seeds we thought we may have killed (but didn't) and she germinated them in her extra tent space. We also did not have our timer set correctly so the plants have been getting 24hr light this entire week. So hopefully we have most the kinks out of the way lol. Anyways here's a couple pics of the plants and their root growth. See you guys again when it's time to transplant!

420-magazine-mobile2126159791.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254466512.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Today we planted the girls in their pots to veg! We filled four 5 gallon buckets with about 4 gallons of hose water and dissolved half a vitamin C per bucket to neutralize the chlorine and bring the pH down. We then added 3 different powdered nutrients with a target range of 120-160 parts per million. I believe the target pH was 5.5 -6.8 for each bucket. Black Hyena and Blue Hyena's roots were actually long enough to poke through the basket into the water. So we placed the hydroton on top of the roots in hopes that the plants won't waste a bunch of energy working through a maze into water. Northern lights roots was just long enough to poke through the basket if we lowered the plant in an inch lower than the Hyena's. We will see how the height difference impacts the growth! The last plant which just sprouted yesterday had the smallest root so it will have to work its way through the hydroton bath into the depths of the waters. We topped each plant of with some health bacteria dissolved in a few cups of water. Here's the set up! Will set up the pump system here in the next few days. Ciao

Good morning!

So yesterday we measured our nute levels and pH to make some adjustments. Going clockwise from the 4'oclock; Black Heyena: 320ppm with a pH of 6.8, Northern lights: 220ppm with a pH of 4.6, Blue Heyena : 227ppm with a pH of 6.2, Wonder woman 140ppm with a pH of 5.2. We mixed up some solution of nutrients and added what we thought would increase the ppm up to around 600. All of the plants were around this mark except Blue Heyena which we left at around 450ppm. So we'll see what kind of differences we can see.

We then performed our first hack job on the plants to train them. Here is a before photo:
420-magazine-mobile953404860.jpg

The plan was to pinch off all leaves and growth below the top two fan leaves and then pinch off the top of the plant leaving the top two growth nodes as the only place for the plant to use it's energy for new growth. With the spike in nutrients we added the plant should respond well and now we should have 2x the amount of cola sites. Here's what each plant looked like after.

Black Heyena
420-magazine-mobile2064092217.jpg

Northern Lights
420-magazine-mobile1555011073.jpg

Blue Heyena
420-magazine-mobile64704643.jpg

Wonder Woman
420-magazine-mobile605452560.jpg

Will update when the plants have recovered! Cheers! . . .

As Ronald McDonald would say, I'm lovin' it!

Peace, Hyena

Hey guys, the plants have recovered for the most part. Some of the plants leaves seem to have a weird texture and look and we think it may be a pH problem. Most of the plants pH were around 6.7 and we really want to be around 5.8-6.0. So we mixed up for gallons of water with vitamin C to neutralize the chlorine, added about 5 teaspoons of liquid nutrients, then some Herbalife pills that supposedly could help the plant uptake the nutrients faster, and some acid drops to help us bring the pH down. We then added about 1 gallon of water to each bucket and fiddled around scooping out pints and adding more special sauce in to adjust the pH.

Here's a pic right before we performed some more defol and bending.
420-magazine-mobile1526692528.jpg

This is after defol and we did some more training on Black Heyena in the front that turned our two main cola sites into 8.
420-magazine-mobile1869429568.jpg

The wonder woman in the back right has a weird curve in it's main body and a huge ball at the bottom if her stem. Interesting?

Ciao!

Updates? How are the pups?

Peace, Hyena

They are doing well! We turned 3 of them (both of yours) into 8 colas today. They should be ready for flowering in about 2 weeks or so :cheer: Almost have the nutes dialed in. It's been a lot harder with 4 separate buckets and different tap water. I got spoiled with RDWC the last few months :laugh:

Jtay will update with pics soon I'm sure :)

Hey guys, here was a pic from last week. 3 of the plants started turning pretty yellow on us we're not sure if it's from a nitrogen deficiency or what, but the overall health of the leaves look great. We're supplimenting with fulvic, humic acid, and some friendly bacteria. We had some warm days in the 70's last week so my water temps were in the upper 70's. I got some better circulation into the area and for the last few days have been able to keep my water temps 63-66 during sleep and 68-72 while the light is on. I'll update with a fresh pic at the end of the week but we're hoping to start flowering in the next two weeks. So far we have each plant trained into 8 main cola sites.

420-magazine-mobile133003228.jpg

What are your temps 1k bulb get hotter than 120 degree f
I'm not sure what my temps at the bulb are. It does get nice and hot that's forsure. Overall temps of the whole tent have been below 80 F so far. I'd say I have a 15 degree temperature swing when the lights are off to on. We'll​ see what happens when the summer wave of heat comes.

Hey guys! So here is a pic from last Friday. I was able to bring my temps down by getting better ventilation into the area. I was in the upper 50's during lights off and mid 60's during lights on. The weather has been rainy and overcast. This week is supposed to be sunny in the 70's so we will see how we hold up! We still haven't changed out our water from day 1 and although we have some dark nasty spots in the roots, the cold temperatures and supplimentation of friendly bacterias have provided us an explosion of new root growth and you can tell from how much the plants. Blew up from the week before. We topped each plant with about 1 gallon of water we treated with friendly bacteria, potassium nitrate, humic and fulvic acid, and pH down. Cheers!

420-magazine-mobile1570800025.jpg

Happy Thursday everyone,

So the plants survived the first heat wave earlier in the week I had a high temp of 79 in the tent and the next big heat wave comes this weekend. Cold night temps and friendly bacteria are definitely helping the root rot from proliferating into the new root growth. They drank about 2 gallons of water each over the last week. So we topped them off with a gallon each of the same mixture of vitamin c to neutralize the chlorine in the tap water, potassium nitrate, calcium phosphate, humic and fulvic acid, and a few milliliters of friendly bacteria.

Here's a fan leaf from Wonder Woman
420-magazine-mobile1917799804.jpg

Here is a leaf from Black Heyena. It has these middle fingers in the middle of most the fan leaves. A cool genetic trait I hope?
420-magazine-mobile2055719387.jpg

Here's a pic from this Tuesday. We let them bush out for the first time.
420-magazine-mobile1649865970.jpg

And here we began super cropping and topped all 8 colas so that each plant will now have 16 cola sites. We pinched and bended all of the stems to create a uniform even structure. We want all the colas to be at the same height and spread out enough to get optimum light.
420-magazine-mobile1458431184.jpg

Here is our tent after we were all finished! We will let them recover for the week and reavualate but looks like two or 3 weeks for flowering time now.
420-magazine-mobile1609263216.jpg

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom