First grow

Mongbrain0406

Hello i have two seedlings under a 150 w cfl in a 60cm x60cm x 120 cm grow tent I am using pc fans for ventilation I’m using feminised seeds from 420 they are strawberry kush I look at so many pictures of seedlings one or two weeks old and they all look a lot bigger that mine do mine are about a week old from breaking the surface I’m using coco and perlite am lightly wartering every few days (when medium starts getting fairly dry) i am going to start a grow journal and hopefully some of you guys could help me out along the way but atm they are still very small I will add some pics tomorrow but they have four leaves the two first serrated set of leaves then the next set just starting to develop should they be growing faster ? I am just using tap water (haven’t ph tested it) and the temps are really hot atm with probably low humidity anyway any help or advice would be appreciated

You'll want to invest in a PH pen to test your water and nutrient solutions.
Not doing so, just invites problems or worse disasters.
Also, coco should be kept wet at all times.
okay thanks for that advice I do have a ph test kit but don’t have the ph up and down Chems to change it.. I think it was around 6.5 -7 when I tested it is that okay ? And when should I start nutes ?

Okay so I decided to go take a couple of pics now what do you think do they look alright
A1C88A50-2A57-4AB9-AD98-77C5FB11F2CB.jpeg
FB96A422-02F9-4E24-B099-CE57BA9782A7.jpeg
CCD5E3CD-4BCB-4980-B6D9-00933AB3BE00.jpeg
7EED1EDE-2A02-433C-B7AF-537C93B9FEF9.jpeg

They look great. Keep up the good work, and pick yourself up a few of the essentials as previously mentioned.
Thanks heaps I will do that and if the humidity is really low (which I have a feeling it may be ) do you know any diy tricks to get the humidity up in there or should I just go purchase a cheap humidifier??

Why do people keep telling me I need to start feeding nutes from day one when using coco not soil .. little confused on this because I fed nutes in the first week to a bag seed I had going at quarter strength and it didn’t like it pretty much stopped growing and the leaves turned dry .. so this time these baby’s are just getting water for at least the first two weeks please someone chime in if it’s not okay to do this and I should feed it earlier ? Thanks guys appreciate the help

Thanks and no I don’t I can duck down to Bunnings and get a thermometer to stick in there tomorrow ?

Yes you wanna keep a good idea on your conditions in the grow space. Get a temp/humidity gauge to keep in the tent to make sure your environment is spot on so your plants are at maximum happiness to grow nice n big

Why do people keep telling me I need to start feeding nutes from day one when using coco not soil .. little confused on this because I fed nutes in the first week to a bag seed I had going at quarter strength and it didn’t like it pretty much stopped growing and the leaves turned dry .. so this time these baby’s are just getting water for at least the first two weeks please someone chime in if it’s not okay to do this and I should feed it earlier ? Thanks guys appreciate the help
Yes, at this stage, the plant only needs water for the first 10 days or so,
You can start feeding nutes at 1/4 strength after that

you really dont need to feed the plant untill the cotyledons fall off. They provide the nutrients is this true ? Still just so confused cos I’m using coco DO I START GIVING IT NUTES STRAIGHT AWAY OR NOT?? it’s a week old now I could give it a feed of less than quarter strength nutes now but want some solid advice I still keep getting told two different things just feed it water for the first couple weeks then start feeding nutes and other people tell me when using coco you have to start giving it nutes from day one

Get a good Ph pen ,as others have said Ph is really important and get a good one !! I have a BlueLab and it's awesome I did have a cheap one but gave me some false readings and my plant suffered .

Haha yeah well I’m in Western Australia and it gets hot ! Yesterday we was in the high 40,s .. and so what should the ph be ? 6.0?

Haha yeah well I’m in Western Australia and it gets hot ! Yesterday we was in the high 40,s .. and so what should the ph be ? 6.0?
Hi mate ,had a mate in Perth he's moved back here because it got to bloody hot !!!! You are growing in Coco right ,if so I set my PH at 5.8 after I have mixed my Nutes ,and I use Nutes that are designed for Coco, Canna products are great ,also you must add Cal/mag as well.It takes awhile to get the jist of it all but once you find the sweet spot you will be ok !! it's so much fun . Like the saying goes "Cannabis isn't addictive Growing it Is"

Attachments

• 4 Feb 2020 001.JPG
    4 Feb 2020 001.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom