First Time

Hey whats up forum folks!!!
Its my first time growing ANYTHING and could use some advice from some people with experience.
So I germinated a single seed and threw it in some standard soil and stuck it in my kitchen window with my wifes orchids. I completely forgot about it and my wife was watering it when she watered her other plants. About 3 weeks later I came home and noticed the pant had grown about 8 inches tall and already had 9 leaves on it! It hadnt been outside at all so the stem was a little flimsy so I treated some soil in my old raspberry patch with some regular top soil and (dont laugh) some sheep and peat fertilizer. Its been out there about a week and is showing new growth which is good I guess.
Since transplanting the plant I started doing some research on how to grow and started 3 more plants.
The seedling are about a week and a half old and my bigger one is about a month old.
I am gonna try 2 different methods of fertilizing just to have fun with it, tell me what ya think.
Today I started using Age Old GROW on the older plant (1/2 strength) and plan on using it once a week until it gets bigger (hopefully)
For the 3 seedlings Im gonna wait about 3 weeks before transplanting into 5 gallon buckets containing -------'s Supersoil mixture.

Questions:
How much and how frequently should I be watering the bigger plant and the 3 seedlings?
I have read that I should transplant directly into super soil mixture but instead mix the supersoil with regular soil so it isnt so powerful at first, is this true?

Sorry for the long thread. Any advice or answers will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. Pictures in next post!

20140519_152605.jpg

View image in gallery

Hey whats up forum folks!!!
Its my first time growing ANYTHING and could use some advice from some people with experience.
So I germinated a single seed and threw it in some standard soil and stuck it in my kitchen window with my wifes orchids. I completely forgot about it and my wife was watering it when she watered her other plants. About 3 weeks later I came home and noticed the pant had grown about 8 inches tall and already had 9 leaves on it! It hadnt been outside at all so the stem was a little flimsy so I treated some soil in my old raspberry patch with some regular top soil and (dont laugh) some sheep and peat fertilizer. Its been out there about a week and is showing new growth which is good I guess.
Since transplanting the plant I started doing some research on how to grow and started 3 more plants.
The seedling are about a week and a half old and my bigger one is about a month old.
I am gonna try 2 different methods of fertilizing just to have fun with it, tell me what ya think.
Today I started using Age Old GROW on the older plant (1/2 strength) and plan on using it once a week until it gets bigger (hopefully)
For the 3 seedlings Im gonna wait about 3 weeks before transplanting into 5 gallon buckets containing -------'s Supersoil mixture.

Questions:
How much and how frequently should I be watering the bigger plant and the 3 seedlings?
I have read that I should transplant directly into super soil mixture but instead mix the supersoil with regular soil so it isnt so powerful at first, is this true?

Sorry for the long thread. Any advice or answers will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. Pictures in next post!

Hi Jesse,

With your younger seedlings you want the soil to stay moist (not soaked). With your bigger ones, wait until the soil is dry an inch or two down. I always let them tell me what they want.

It depends on what soil you are talking about. If you are talking about TGA's Super Soil, then the proper way to do it would be to transplant into a layer of Super Soil on the bottom, then a layer of regular TGA Soil, then transplant on top of that with reg. TGA Soil.

Let me know if you are talking about a different soil.

:high-five:

Think I am nearly at the stage of putting them in to flower it think lol they all around the 16 to 18 inch stall do u think I should let them go a little longer or put them to flower an if I do what sort of size u think they will go do they double in size or isit more than that ??? Thanks peeps

It's up to you when you want to flip them mate,depends on how much smoke you want,the longer you veg the more smoke you will get,a week makes all the difference :cheesygrinsmiley:

I read that they double maybe triple in size after the flip,depending on the strain,one thing i do know they grow real fast and will stretch up towards the light the first 2 weeks after the flip so keep the light as close as you can without burning them,they then start to slow down,mine all were different for example my tallest power plant stretched around 2 and a half foot on top of it's size the other power plant stretched about a foot (sativa dominent) and my mazar (indica) stretched v.little compared,around 8 inches :cheesygrinsmiley:

Think I might hav to move the light up a bit they nearly touching the light haha well the Derbon poison is anyway
The blue cheese a little shorter but will hav to soon will put a pic up to show u lol

Yea what I have done is put the tall ones under 1 light an the others under another one
But where I hav the cool tubes I can't change the height of just one light it has to be both other wise
I would hav the one one the blue cheese an og abit lower lol

Back
Top Bottom