First Time

First timer27

Hi there I am starting my first grow and am wondering when do I start to feed my seedling one is at 11 days old and the other 5 an how strong do I make the mix I am using bio biz any help please thanks

I usually wait two weeks or until the plants start showing signs of needing nutes. And it depends on what medium your growing in. Ffof is supposed to be pretty strong, and if you're using miracle gro...well don't use miracle gro

I am using a norm soil mixed with perlite that's it no nutes don't think an not sure if it needs them yet or not lol as not really
No that much as this my first time growing if I work out how to put a pic on here an show u think u be able to tell me an thanks again

Yeah, if I can't help someone here will. Usually if the first round leaves (cotyledons) start turning yellow, that's the sign to feed them. And usually you want to start off with 25 or 50 percent of what nutes bottle says, and slowly work your way up to full strength

image9695.jpg

Ok mate thanks much appreciated so on the biobizz chart it says to start it on 2 ml for every liter so I just use half a ml at first yea an how long do u do that for till I up the dose

Depends on your grow method. Usually people do nutes with every other watering or once a week. And I would up the dose each week until they start to show signs of burn, then back it down a little and ride it out. Some strains like high nutes, some burn easy. I grow hempy style and I water everyday with full strength nutes every watering. But with hempy you can't overwater.

I always mix soil so i dont use nutes in veg stage.I use home made compost,wormcastings,any flower soil,coco bricks,lime,charcoal,mixed animal manure,mountain soil and styrofoam...don't use too much fert at start of plant grow,plant have enough food in any flower soil for the first 2-3 weeks.This is picture of my mix for auto mazar.(Flower soil,styrofoam,compost,mountain soil,animal manure mix,charcoal.)
20140424_150737.jpg

The main thing to remember is that this is a weed, it wants to grow despite its surroundings.
If you over nute, thats fine just use plain water till it responds better and keep an eye on what the plants want.

That being said, you do want your PH levels evened out so the plant can absorb the nutrients. I've had an issue before where my plant was getting a deficiency and when I used plain ph balanced water (in my case 6.3) I ended up with a little bit of a burn because the nutes in the soil that couldnt be absorbed before are suddenly available for absorption.

but for the most part just keep an eye on it and you'll figure it out.

Awwwww, I remember when my plants looked like that. Should be a fun grow. They change and grow so fast, until you start flowering then they don't grow fast enough lol. The waiting and watching is torture. Hang in there and take good care of them, they'll reward you handsomely

Hi first timer Welcome to 420 :cheesygrinsmiley: just wnna start by saying the guys here at 420 are a real great bunch of guys :)

Are you growing photoperiod plants or autos ?

I am growing photoperiod(two Power Plant,one Mazar)the cotyledons on my lil ladies didn't start turning yellow untill around 4 weeks old and when i started feeding nutes the reccomended dose was 7ml per L of water,to give you a rough idea,i started with 1ml per L,i upped the dose of nutes every couple of feedings and i was water,water,feed to start then went to water,feed,water,feed. I vegged for 8 weeks under 400w MH and didn't work up to full strength veg nutes but when i flipped i hit um with full strength bloom nutes and some pk boost also,they love it.

It's finding a method that suits you and your strains and sticking to it :)

Cheers :peace: VG :peace: :blunt:

I am doing the photoperiod mate an I think it was a little tinging from maybe the light being a little to close but gt my 125 w cfl about 15 cm above it nw an just added half a ml of nutes to a l of water feed it yesterday so will again on Sunday can see the next set of leafs coming through nw

Yeah cool,guess my point was (which i failed to really make in my last post) is it's always easier to add :morenutes: than it is to remove them,i'm subscribed and going to sit and watch,feel free to browse my journal and if i can help you i will :cheesygrinsmiley:
This is a pic of my cotyledons turning yellow
DSC_05493.JPG

Cheers

:peace: VG :peace:

Back
Top Bottom