First Grow

*update*
Not sure anyone will even see this but i potted up 2 days ago. The yellowing was spreading so i gave it a shot. Turned out the roots were spread through and i think they were actually bit root bound! Added perlite to new pots.
IMG_3288.jpg
Gave them a good watering/light nutes and they've perked up a lot today! Was wondering if anyone does see this, what my watering schedule should look like moving forward? I haven't watered since transplant, i watered in a ring around where the rootball was and outside of that. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3287.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 41
I read to measure down two inches checking for soil moisture. 2nd knuckle on your index finger. I have my plants in fabric bags. Helps get oxygen to the soil and roots down below. I also lift bags and feel how moist it is at the base. If dry water. Young plants be careful not to drown it. Once a week is a guud starting point. Others will chime in I’m sure.

Best to start a journal.
Leaves should be pointing up after 2 days.(Better to move into a 1 gallon first).Make the roots chase the water.Circle around with about 2 cups of water,some
water in the center..Them maybe 4 cups after 2-4 days.
Different styles of growing,I cut the bottom 2 nodes off when the plant gets to 6-7 inches,so I would take those dead leaves off now.

hey dude happy 4/20!
Hope all is well for you, the plant is cute but is dropping a little. Careful not to water it too much.
Peace
Thanks you too! So you think i should just hokd off water till they're thirsty? Also how long you think until i can determine sex?

Thanks you too! So you think i should just hokd off water till they're thirsty? Also how long you think until i can determine sex?

Yea I would recommend to let go off water for now until thirsty. Maybe just let a little water in the plate and let the roots absorb it. You will be able to determine the sex when you flip them to a 12/12 light cycle. I would recommend you to let your plant bush for 1 month ++ until you start the flowering stage.
Best of luck
Peace

Update
IMG_3303.jpg
IMG_3302.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg

5 days from the pot up and i would say they've settled in. Was wondering if its a bad thing that theyre staying short and the leaves are growing one on top of another? Everyone i see has taller, lankier plants? Also should i trim the older yellow leaves? Thanks in advance!

Hey dude! Hope all is well in your growing world.
The plants are looking better but we can tell that they aren't in full developing process. I would have to ask you what light you use and I what distance the light is from your apex, it could explain why she grow short and bushy like that. It could also just be the strain.
I just transferred my a few days back into 1 gal pots, have a look if you have time!
Overall leaves at this stage growing on top of each other isn't an issue at this stage and you could use some LST when they come close to flowering stage.
If your plants has over 4 nods right now I would recommend for you to trim the plant, just cut the yellow leaves with a clean pair of scissors.
Hope that helped, peace

So of the two plants, one is nice and short and bushing out very well. The other got a little taller and i want to bring it down to similar height. 2 days ago i attached this to slightly bend then today bent it a little farther. Is this the correct way of doing it? Just checking, also im sorry its under my blurple but i just wanted to make sure this is right!
img_3355-jpg.jpg
img_3356-jpg.jpg

Update
So i decided to try fimming the fuller of the two with LST and LST only on the one that's lagging a bit. It seems like all is well but any sughestions would be great! Watering every other day about 8oz, quarter strength fert every other!
IMG_3533.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg
IMG_3534.jpg
IMG_3537.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg

you need to chill out abit mate i had a plant in a pot nothing bigger than the cup ur using for at least 6 weeks if not longer,i have a mother room with couple of cheap leds so getting them big is not the plan jus want them to live untill i need some clones plus space is an issue, so i dnt see an issue with ur seedling staying put for a bit yet dnt start messing with it and causing more issues i would make a spray bottle with some light nutes and just sray lightly,mist setting,forget trying to drownd it,it will stay moist for a while under the cheap leds anyway, what soil are u using ?:thumb:

you need to chill out abit mate i had a plant in a pot nothing bigger than the cup ur using for at least 6 weeks if not longer,i have a mother room with couple of cheap leds so getting them big is not the plan jus want them to live untill i need some clones plus space is an issue, so i dnt see an issue with ur seedling staying put for a bit yet dnt start messing with it and causing more issues i would make a spray bottle with some light nutes and just sray lightly,mist setting,forget trying to drownd it,it will stay moist for a while under the cheap leds anyway, what soil are u using ?:thumb:
Using schultz potting soil plus with miracle gro perlite (thats why i have been doing low strength nutes). So should i not have tried fimming? I figured since it started taking off really fast and was on 6th-7th node id give it a shot! Should i just leave em alone then?

yh they look healthy and strong enough to be trained and choped go for it, i dnt know what ur grow history is and ur going to read and hear alot of different things when it comes to growing but all i can say is it dnt matter what u really do the plant will grow and flower but depending on what u do will be the outcome of quality and size, i could give my nan a seed to pot and she would chuck tap water on it and it would grow and flower but it would be shit lol my advice would be keep gd notes of what ur doing and feeding and then see what the end results are like also try keeping the same strain for a few grows so u can dial it in and get the best from the plant,the same feeding and training might not work aswell with another strain, i dnt use any of the soil or perlite u do i go stright canna coco plus i pulled 18 oz off that plant in the pic <------ under a 600w hps

Hoping someone sees this! Know i havent put anything up in here for a while, but i wanted to know if should be trimming any of the fan leaves off of these? Especially the larger one. She has new branches coming up trying to poke out the top but the 4 large fan leaves on top are kind of blocking everything..pics in above post, any comments/advice? Its my first grow so anything helps! TIA!

Back
Top Bottom