First Time Grow - Cabinet Set Up

May I give a suggestion? I'd LST the heck out of that plant. Get some of the J Hooks you use to hang up keys, and screw them into the wall through the Mylar! It'll give you perfect places to stretch your plants to the edges maximizing your grow space!!
I agree with LB07 on doing some LST. My grow box is only about 4 ft tall and maybe 2ft wide so mine definitely needed it.

This is a pic of mine now at day 27 and I started LST at 2 weeks old. This is my first grow aswell.

Just be sure to watch yourself for overwatering throughout your grow (i learned that the hard way lol), what are you doing for drainage?

I agree with LB07 on doing some LST. My grow box is only about 4 ft tall and maybe 2ft wide so mine definitely needed it.

This is a pic of mine now at day 27 and I started LST at 2 weeks old. This is my first grow aswell.

Just be sure to watch yourself for overwatering throughout your grow (i learned that the hard way lol), what are you doing for drainage

This is a hydroponic set up with hydron clay pebbles, everyone tells me it is almost impossible to over water.
As for drainage, the run off goes back into the water tank and recirculation. Just top with water every few days until you feel like you need to change the whole water tank below.

This is a hydroponic set up with hydron clay pebbles, everyone tells me it is almost impossible to over water.
As for drainage, the run off goes back into the water tank and recirculation. Just top with water every few days until you feel like you need to change the whole water tank below.

She probably misread and was just trying to be helpful!! Your plans with the watering and res changes are spot on. Most people go a week until a res change. Do you have z7 or hydroguard to keep the reservoir clean and stable? Also monitor the ppms/ec of your res to see how they are feeding, if at all.

Yes Im sorry I did misread it was a hydro setup lol. My bad, my advice is worthless without soil lol.

Anyways, I'm subbed and ready to watch your grow begin! :)

She probably misread and was just trying to be helpful!! Your plans with the watering and res changes are spot on. Most people go a week until a res change. Do you have z7 or hydroguard to keep the reservoir clean and stable? Also monitor the ppms/ec of your res to see how they are feeding, if at all.
Yes, bad misread done on my part lol. Thanks for addressing that, was just trying to he helpful :).

Note to self... don't comment if your stoned lmao

Your going to have to educate me on this one lol your question stumped me.
What is z7/hydroguard?

Your going to have to educate me on this one lol your question stumped me.
What is z7/hydroguard?
They're both products that keep alage and slime from building up on your roots and bucket walls. Slime leads to root rot

That sounds like a train that I want to hop on!
Do I need either z7 or hydroguard (are they the same thing?)
Or both of them?
I'd go z7 it's all you need

I'd go z7 it's all you need

If you can wing it, 100% agree! I'm buying some once my hydroguard runs out!

Hydroguard and z7 are two different additives that promote root growth, and keeping the reservoir from growing bad things. Z7 is a little spendy, does more than hydroguard, but isn't necessary for a new grow. Hydroguard is 15-20 for a liter and it'll last you awhile. It's 2ml per gallon.

Ok guys, I'm continuing to use Amazon for all my purchases to make it easy on me.

Just bought:
Ph+ppm meter
Z7 stuff (it's two bottles?)
General Organics nutrients box by General Hydroponics
Ph up and down by General Hydroponics.

Can anyone else think of anything before the seeds arrive?

Never used those nutrients, I'm not sure what they all do, make sure you research them prior to listening to the bottles recommendations. A lot of companies give incorrect dosage amounts on their nutrients so you'll burn your plants if you aren't careful.

I do plan to do low stress training, but no to the walls as for this would make it almost impossible to do water changes since you have to pick the top portion of the bucket that the plant sits in to get to the lower bucket

Hmm make a detachable scrog? Gotta get crafty in those small spaces brotha!! Every inch better be covered in nugs, it's your destiny!!!

Hmm make a detachable scrog? Gotta get crafty in those small spaces brotha!! Every inch better be covered in nugs, it's your destiny!!!

It's like you said in the first post. Grow a little monster!

As for the nutrients, I like that it's organic.
I have been researching a few grow journals that have been completed using these nutrients, I plan to follow their lead on dosage!
Or learn as I make mistakes since this is my first grow ever.

It's like you said in the first post. Grow a little monster!

As for the nutrients, I like that it's organic.
I have been researching a few grow journals that have been completed using these nutrients, I plan to follow their lead on dosage!
Or learn as I make mistakes since this is my first grow ever.

I will say less is more. Start off going lighter than you planned, then if the leaves show they are unhappy up the nutes. It's a lot easier to feed a hungry plant than it is to fix a nute burned unhappy plant.

If you still have a problem with low humidity, you can always place containers of water beside your main bucket, or anywhere they will fit without chance of tipping over.

Top off as needed. Change the water out as needed to keep algae down. Clean if they start to show any green coloration.

Remember, humidity is a result of surface area, not volume of water.
You will have a much greater humidity increase with a 4" round container filled with 1" of water, than you would by using 5, one-gallon milk jugs full of water with the caps left off.

I'm going to call this Day 1 of the grow.

PH: 5.9
PPM: 300

All my research tells me not to put any nutrients in the first week, but I couldn't help it. I did not have anything to measure with but a dropper that came with my Ph up & down. So I eyeballed the tiniest amount of nutrients. I will go buy something to measure in tiny amounts this week. I don't think it will hurt to have ever so little nutrients.

BioTrive Grow
CaMg+
Bio Root
Diamond Black
Bio Marine
(All from General Organics Line of nutrients)

I also germinated this seed in a paper towel for 24 hours. Then straight into the hydroton clay pellets. I did not want to mess with any other type of media beside the clay pellets. It worked. So let's keep going! (Wish I would have taken pictures)

1516790708866.jpg

Day 2

Measured PH at 6.5 from 5.9 after about 20 hours.
Is that normal? Anyways PH back down to 5.7

Also added 2 bottles of water ( seems like I'm losing a bottle per day to evaporation and plant drinking.

I also see the 2nd set of leaves growing. Man Hydroponics grow fast. Or is it the tiny bit of nutrients I put in to jump start everything, or is everything on track? I feel like it going fast.

On another note, I'm on a 18/6 schedule. Off at 2 AM and back on at 8 AM (for my sleep sake lol).
Seems like the most growth is when the lights are out.
1516862699886.jpg

Back
Top Bottom