First Outdoor grow soil clones, already lost one.

mmmomma

Strain - Indica SFV OG
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Planter beds
Lights - So Cal sunlight- it's been about 81 degrees on average lately, mid 60's at night
Nutrients - Gave her first feeding with plant food, have to check what kind, and Superthrive.
Medium - Garden bed amended with my own compost including chicken droppings
PH - 6.8
RH - low
Pests - None So far, except my yorkie almost got to them.

Problem: This one's doing well. Don"t think I have any prolems yet here, I have started a grow journal here:
Mmmomma's First Grow Outdoors Strawberry Dream & SFV OG - 2013
where you can see I have lost one already. It was a Strawberry Dream Sativa. Pics at the bottom

2013-08-10_George_pix_001.JPG

View image in gallery

These here were the Strawberry Dream-- lost to tragic mishandling in the transport by me a complete newbie! As you can see I broke off the new growth accidentally.

I think I am going to try my hand at tying her down today. Any advice would be much appreciated. I realize I started these late and just wanted to see what would happen... I think I also transplanted them into the ground too soon, but it being August I thought it best not to wait.

How old was the chicken manure, may be a little too hot for that strain, Someone will chime in here or on your journal, OG

OG1969, nice to meet you. Wow, I didn't realize that is a factor. I have chickens and two ongoing compost piles, but I have never really been that careful about the chicken poop. It was 'done' compost mostly, from the bottom of the readiest pile. But I am constantly throwing new stuff on top so maybe some got in there as well. I wasn't really that careful. Should I be?

Thanks Medicatetoday! I forget which way it goes, so it should be a lower number? And what is a good way to achieve that outdoors?

Just tried one Super Bud (GHS) and one Kaya Gold (Nirvana Seeds) Outdoor, one time... and in pots with soil, not really in the real soil if you get me... :) but you have a lot of ways to put the ph a bit lower to 6.5 like lemon juice and many more ways, you just need to search it. If you want i can bring some people to this thread so everybody can give some help, i dont mind :)

I wouldnt tie her down jus yet but thats jus me. I'd wait till shes a bit bigger. Also i would back off feeding if the soil already has nutes in it already. U could always put the plant in a pot n bring her inside if shes no ready to bloom.

:) but you have a lot of ways to put the ph a bit lower to 6.5 like lemon juice and many more ways, you just need to search it. If you want i can bring some people to this thread so everybody can give some help, i dont mind :)

Thank you Medicate, what a kind offer. That would be great. Lemon juice. I never would have thought of that.

I wouldnt tie her down jus yet but thats jus me. I'd wait till shes a bit bigger. Also i would back off feeding if the soil already has nutes in it already. U could always put the plant in a pot n bring her inside if shes no ready to bloom.

Thank you too Blazinazn! I ended up not doing it because she gets lots of sun. I guess I could bring her back in. Wouldn't hthatave thought of that either.

Update today. Was not going to update but I think I see new things on her.

See, it looks like new growth. I tried to get pics from many angles. I ended up not tying her down because she's situated in such a way that right now the sun hits all her leaves as it rotates over her. Didn't water her, beacause the ground still feels very slightly wet. Figure I'll wait until morning now.

The SFV looks fine, but the plants near her have little bites taken out of them.

I see no caterpillars or anything. But there are these teeny black ants on the other plants. Hopefully they'll leave her alone.

don't ants.. farm spider mites?

Hello WIS. Guess I should get a closer look and check for those huh?? Will check in the morning and take some new pics. Over the weekend I could not get into this site- a warning came up that it was blocked because of malware. Anyone else have that problem??

There are alot of things that will eat the leaves, if there are mites there check the underside of the leaves. Most home and garden stores have products to lower the ph right next to the garden lime. And would give them straight water ph'd if you want, due to them being in compost they would have everything they need for a while.OG

having issues finding my last gallery photos. Was going to post an update, but without pics what's the point?? Will try again later.

2013-08-27_Garden_008.JPG
2013-08-27_Garden_007.JPG
2013-08-27_Garden_005.JPG

Have not posted for some time. Last time I tried posting these pics it wouldn't work. Well, I think we're coming to the end here... I have cut one bud off and am drying it. Cannot find my magnifying glass.

Back
Top Bottom