First Time Grow 1200 Watt

Hey guys so today I just wanted to let you guys see the girls and want to know when is a good time to lollipop them and how long should i want after i do them befor i flower ? Alos iam trying my best to keep everything even with my canopy Thanks and enjoy
20180901_201631.jpg

Thumbs209. You appear to have the same monkey keyboard typing skills like me !!!. Can only assume your on a mobile ( again like me) . With lollipopping , you are aiming to rid the ladies of anything below your main canopy that wont get enough light and will waste energy and nutes for popcorn buds. For me the best time for this was once i got them under the scrog and spread out ready for flowering. When not scrogging and using just lst , once you have half your desired canopy height (dont panic about everything measuring perfectly level at this point) then i would remove all major fan leaves and strip any growing tip on the lower stems that will get lost beneath larger buds. Defoliating is a contentious subject but i have had lots of positives from doing it
You can defol a few times during flower too but not advisable after 4th week as no more leaves will be produced.
My defol would be 2nd week in healthy veg stage ( good growth , healthy plants)
2nd , 3 and 4th weeks of flower will slowly remove rest of fan leaves that block any bud sites in shadow. As we are indoor and not they are not fighting with other species etc... then rhe fab leaves dont really have the same purpise for us. They do still exchange light/growth and help with transpiration but .. so do smaller sugar leaves all over the bud sites. Providing tyour environment is plant friendly with humidity / temp ect.. then fans are not essential and can harm harvested yields.
Good luck hope it may help and that i have not got my head up my own arse here but this works for me.

Thumbs209. You appear to have the same monkey keyboard typing skills like me !!!. Can only assume your on a mobile ( again like me) . With lollipopping , you are aiming to rid the ladies of anything below your main canopy that wont get enough light and will waste energy and nutes for popcorn buds. For me the best time for this was once i got them under the scrog and spread out ready for flowering. When not scrogging and using just lst , once you have half your desired canopy height (dont panic about everything measuring perfectly level at this point) then i would remove all major fan leaves and strip any growing tip on the lower stems that will get lost beneath larger buds. Defoliating is a contentious subject but i have had lots of positives from doing it
You can defol a few times during flower too but not advisable after 4th week as no more leaves will be produced.
My defol would be 2nd week in healthy veg stage ( good growth , healthy plants)
2nd , 3 and 4th weeks of flower will slowly remove rest of fan leaves that block any bud sites in shadow. As we are indoor and not they are not fighting with other species etc... then rhe fab leaves dont really have the same purpise for us. They do still exchange light/growth and help with transpiration but .. so do smaller sugar leaves all over the bud sites. Providing tyour environment is plant friendly with humidity / temp ect.. then fans are not essential and can harm harvested yields.
Good luck hope it may help and that i have not got my head up my own arse here but this works for me.
Lol yea iam going to have to proof read befor i post lol thanks thoe

Lol yea iam going to have to proof read befor i post lol thanks thoe
Heehee i gave up doing it and just apologise occasionally for orangutan thumbed typing skills.( no offence meant to any successful , professional , 80 words per minute Orangutans intended or implied).
Just cooked my youngest ladies to the point of collapse( no pizzagate references please!) And am now expecting to lose a couple to my stupidity and lack of rdwc experience. Foolish sausage. Keep the faith

Hey guys its been a little over 2 weeks sorry for the late up date but here are some update pic enjoy week 5 of veg going into week6 the last week of veg befor flower...

The next 6 are sundae drivers
20180917_114930.jpg

Attachments

• 20180917_115003.jpg
    20180917_115003.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180917_115054.jpg
    20180917_115054.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20180917_115107.jpg
    20180917_115107.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20180917_115128.jpg
    20180917_115128.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180917_115138.jpg
    20180917_115138.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 127
Hey guys a new week update ,here are the ladies almost that time to flip them let me know what you guys think should i veg one more week or shud i flip i want to get the best yield possible i also started too feed them the nectar line this week and they seem to love it ... well here you go and enjoy

Attachments

• 20180924_150754.jpg
    20180924_150754.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20180924_150759.jpg
    20180924_150759.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 20180924_150811.jpg
    20180924_150811.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 20180924_150814.jpg
    20180924_150814.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 127
I base the flipping on assuming at least double vertical growth from the stretch. If it goes less then no real loss and is still managable. Time to your need for end product also plays a role too. As long as your lights can penetrate the length of each main and some airflow can get round , you can veg as long and as big as you can and want. They look flippable and healthy.

Thanks bud.. Iam thinking of thinning some of my fan leaves befor i flip to give the smaller shouts a better light source..what do u think about that??

Thanks bud.. Iam thinking of thinning some of my fan leaves befor i flip to give the smaller shouts a better light source..what do u think about that??
That is what i also do. It works a treat. Dont take them all at the same time though. You can also defol a couple of weeks into flower too . Indoor grows dont really need the competative fan leaves but will use them to convert light to energy some some is preferable. Dont panic if you feel you might have too too many as they will produce new sets up to 4 weeks into flower. Only bother with the ones that will block another bud site by shading . If unsure you can "tuck" them behind other branches too. All about air flow humidity light from the switch. Lowering humidity to about 40% and again to about 30 will also cut down the mould risk. Some humidity drop from taking big fan leaves will occur too. Be handy to have some "superthrive" or "revive" type product to help them deal with the loss of fans too. ( any major stress in flower can cause hermes !). If height is an issue it may help to look into "backbuilding" your buds too. A not often used but affective technique.
I have started supercropping my laughing buddha to keep it low ( pic will be on journal as i go along with result. ) this is also good for canopy management.

Hey guys.. so todays the day that I have decided to flip the ladie into flower... everything is going good but iam a litle concerned about my soil ph it a 7.1 a little highter than I wanted .. I was wounder what can I do to lower my soil ph level to around 6.5 please let me know

All looking good there and they dont seem to be affected by the higher ph. I wish i could advise you here but soil is not a medium i really use. The soil mix i have my laughing buddha in is mixed with a new trialing product called "grow caps". I only have to water them, no nutes just ph the water( and they use 30% less water too). I did read about adding urea to the soul can bring oh down quite quick but have no idea of amounts ect but it also contains beneficial nutes too. Would keep with the "bio" grow too. Try googling it for a better explaination though. Going to get exciting now but dont panic about not really seeing buds for the first two weeks either. Hope your prepared for the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom