First time grow and I’m in love

KnightCJblue

420 Member
Hello everyone, First I’d like to say thank you all for sharing your wisdom though experience in this amazing process I fell in love with. She is an amazing plant. First grow I have x2 “Sundae Driver” (clones) x2 “Godfather OG” (clones) and x1 “Godfather OG” (bag seed) “nuggbucket mainlined”. Clones came in a 1 gallon I potted up to 3 gallon The clones (LST) pretty short I have been doing my best to keep the canopy level. Have been in veg since December 14th. I finished making my flower room 3 or 4 days ago and the girls are doing great. The room seems good to go as far as my ability to control the environment to my satisfaction. I plan to pull some clones and switch to flower in a day or two was hoping for any advise before I flip them. I have different pictures from throughout the grow. Soil medium liquid nutrients very sparingly (will get the brand name tomorrow) would love any advise or feedback. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• CAD67E5E-5288-4580-A7FB-E09782D8EBD2.jpeg
    CAD67E5E-5288-4580-A7FB-E09782D8EBD2.jpeg
    967.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 34DA5A8F-9783-4644-8E22-81B944BD865D.jpeg
    34DA5A8F-9783-4644-8E22-81B944BD865D.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 131
Thank you very much. Next water I will feed them. I have been feeding 1/2 Of manufactures recommended amount every 2nd watering. Would you recommend I feed them may be every watering? is it the light color green that tells me they are hungry? I’ve read over and over it’s better to under feed than over. I might have taken it too far LOL

Thank you very much. Next water I will feed them. I have been feeding 1/2 Of manufactures recommended amount every 2nd watering. Would you recommend I feed them may be every watering? is it the light color green that tells me they are hungry? I’ve read over and over it’s better to under feed than over. I might have taken it too far LOL
I don't know what soil or nutrients you're using, but I water twice then feed full strength....water/water/feed...and you may want to wait till they dry out and start drooping before watering...MJ likes to dry out and get oxygen to the roots as well as make the roots stronger by searching for water.......
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. It is already formulated with all the good stuff cannabis needs, and with the Fox Farms trio nutrient line it makes growing easy...just my 2 cents

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking start you got there.

I would suggest up potting them again soon unless they are going to finish in those containers

positive vibes :Namaste:

@MochaBud thank you for the advice and taking the time to help me out. Your girls look amazing and that mainline looks like you did it proper. Sorry for the lack of info in this attempt at a grow. Clones came in 1gallon with FFHF I potted up with FFOF to the 3 gal. Great soil (from what I hear) I have been using the finger poke and weight test to know when to water. That method seems to work pretty good I am still trying to get down how much water to give them I’ve read people say water until about 20% runoff comes out that’s a hard one for me to figure. That method seems to work pretty good I am still trying to get down how much water to give them I’ve read people say water until about 20% runoff comes out that’s a hard one for me to figure out I guess. I read to let them dry out but not let them pull away from the pot so I try to stay in between the finger test and it pulling away from the pot before I water. watering seemed simple at first but not so much for me lol. Just took a photo of my nutes. I’m using the stuff in the first picture. The second picture is another brand of nutrients a buddy gave me all of these. In the very beginning only feed I had was that blue stuff in the bag my buddy gave me he said it was good stuff a all round nutrient he uses from the beginning to end I guess. I did not feed them for the first two weeks after I parted up I read that the soil had enough nutrients for two weeks or so. I will attach some pictures

Thank you @Silverfox125 for taking the time to help me out. I am super broke so this grow has been trying to build the Taj Mahal with scrap material LOL but yes I wanted to pot up I just g

Attachments

• AA30F8F8-091E-42D5-80F7-EC0367ABFA5D.jpeg
    AA30F8F8-091E-42D5-80F7-EC0367ABFA5D.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 114
  • F2F7F447-51ED-4B32-943C-8D6144F717CD.jpeg
    F2F7F447-51ED-4B32-943C-8D6144F717CD.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 116
Oops sorry. Didn’t mean to hit post yet. I wanted to pot up again to 5 gallon for flower. Scraped up some change local Hydro shop had a 2 cu ft. Bag of FFHF for $20 but I was hoping to use that soil now for making clones about eight of them that would give me enough soil to last until the clones are ready for their 3rd transplant into 3 gal where I’d hopefully be switching to FFOF. Solo cup, than 1 gal, than 3rd would be into the 3 gal. Do you think I can get away with letting my girls flower in the 3 gallon pots they are in if I switch them in the next day or two?

I also do not have 5 gallon buckets other than my old dirty construction Home Depot buckets. I do have four tall 7 gallon pots I believe they are 16“ x 18 or something like that if I choose to pot up my girls I will not have the soil for any clones. I am half tempted to find some local rich soil mix it in with perlite to the Fox Farm but I do not want to because I have no idea what I’m doing in that department. I’ve tried to read quite a bit on amending your own soil but all the other information I have about growing I want to hold onto ( so much information retained my little brain could only take so much ha ha ) I will get into making my own soils and using amendments probably way down the road I have way too much to learn in front of me LOL Sometimes I like to just try and learn the plant how she grows what she wants what she needs and appreciate her growth but my OCD mind goes off on tangents about UV spectrum and how far red and blue they are learning does different things to the molecules in the plant as far as diseases are concerned and other stuff they are learning so much about light spectrum and what it does. I am basically the guy Who starts to study college level stuff when he doesn’t really understand junior high level stuff LOL

Just checked on my girls. Don’t know what I did but one is burned some? Could this be from her being in line of fire of my warm humidifier ? Intake air in my set up was pushing air from the humidifier directly onto that part of the plant I believe a couple days ago I have since rearranged the room a little to keep it from a direct hit. I just built that flower room so I am still fine-tuning a bit

Attachments

• 502CD2DE-6C12-4E60-80F2-D1B06CE6C638.jpeg
    502CD2DE-6C12-4E60-80F2-D1B06CE6C638.jpeg
    935.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 38C55D5B-9E3B-4F57-B398-F27BD161A732.jpeg
    38C55D5B-9E3B-4F57-B398-F27BD161A732.jpeg
    920.4 KB · Views: 124
@MochaBud thank you for the advice and taking the time to help me out. Your girls look amazing and that mainline looks like you did it proper. Sorry for the lack of info in this attempt at a grow. Clones came in 1gallon with FFHF I potted up with FFOF to the 3 gal. Great soil (from what I hear) I have been using the finger poke and weight test to know when to water. That method seems to work pretty good I am still trying to get down how much water to give them I’ve read people say water until about 20% runoff comes out that’s a hard one for me to figure. That method seems to work pretty good I am still trying to get down how much water to give them I’ve read people say water until about 20% runoff comes out that’s a hard one for me to figure out I guess. I read to let them dry out but not let them pull away from the pot so I try to stay in between the finger test and it pulling away from the pot before I water. watering seemed simple at first but not so much for me lol. Just took a photo of my nutes. I’m using the stuff in the first picture. The second picture is another brand of nutrients a buddy gave me all of these. In the very beginning only feed I had was that blue stuff in the bag my buddy gave me he said it was good stuff a all round nutrient he uses from the beginning to end I guess. I did not feed them for the first two weeks after I parted up I read that the soil had enough nutrients for two weeks or so. I will attach some pictures
Yes I found FFOF to suite my needs perfectly :thumb: and the water thing :hmmmm: try letting them tell you by leaves drooping, not dying, but drooping, think of them as a gas gauge, and the girls like to be on "E" for a while, let's the roots get oxygen and grow in search of water, they like it :morenutes::morenutes: I only water (slowly, a little at a time) till I see the water coming out of the bottom...and those 5gal buckets are about 3 bucks at Lowes or Home Depot...don't forget to drill holes...good luck brotha :high-five:

Awesome thank you i will try that method of watering. Now do i need to see water coming from all of the drain holes a bit or just as i see it bit regardless of number of holes it comes from? Or am i over thinking this? Lol

Awesome thank you i will try that method of watering. Now do i need to see water coming from all of the drain holes a bit or just as i see it bit regardless of number of holes it comes from? Or am i over thinking this? Lol
As it drains, a little, I check that very thing :thumb: if it sucks it back up quickly I water/feed some more, until the water that comes out is not being sucked up, by then the soil is saturated and I change out my bottoms for a fresh clean/dry 1 :morenutes:

Slow and steady and pay attention I love it already lol when i first read about the 20% runoff idea i had also just revived my PH testers from amazon and had also read about testing runoff i was so cought up in catching, marking (strain & plant #) of runoff than testing ph that it was a job in itself.
Maybe I can ph test runoff every other watering or only if i see something is wrong with a plant?
Added with your way of watering that could really make my watering/feeding proses much less of a pain.

Slow and steady and pay attention I love it already lol when i first read about the 20% runoff idea i had also just revived my PH testers from amazon and had also read about testing runoff i was so cought up in catching, marking (strain & plant #) of runoff than testing ph that it was a job in itself.
Maybe I can ph test runoff every other watering or only if i see something is wrong with a plant?
Added with your way of watering that could really make my watering/feeding proses much less of a pain.
If you're going to check PH, don't worry about what's coming out, worry about what's going in, what's coming out doesn't matter, it's waste....
I have a PH pen somewhere, it's probably covered in dust and unrecognizable :rofl: I haven't used one in....forever...the FFOF buffers your PH for you....that's just one reason why I recommend it so often :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom