First Time Grow- Burmese Kush 430w Son Agro (Closet)

CaptainGreen

Hey Everybody,

I recently set up my closet grow room in an unused one in my basement. I am an avid pot smoker and decided I've had enough with paying high prices to people who only care about profit and not about quality, so I decided as many of you to grow my own.

I have been reading the likes of Jorge and Ed Rosenthal for aboutt he last month and feel fairly sufficient in my knowledge, however I am humbled by the many of you who have begun this wonderful hobby and await your input and knowledge at any chance I can get. Anyone who is willing to lend a helping comment or hand will be appreciated to no end.

I am growing in a 3 X 2.5 closet with a fairly roomy ceiling and am using a
430w Son Agro pretty much the entire time.

I installed a fairly large bathroom fan, not sure how many CFM's but I got it for free. Have had to make many adjustments to doora nd setup as its too hot to close the door, getting up to 32 before the adjustments, and now to about 29 after them. I am however looking for a much more operation fan that can point upwards and swivel when needed, (be surprised how many salespeople don't know what that is, unreal). Witht he door open and the lights and fan on its 26.6 which I'm told isn't too bad. Im working also on a more practical setup than on a chair and box, Im looking to grab some plastic milk crates to help drainage and airflow from below, again am searchin to no avail.

I used peat pods to germinate my seedllings and have been giving them a little water each day, no real schedule yet, just keeping the soil moist but not waterlogged.

My plants have been sprouted for about 8 days now, and seem healthy enough, however they seem to have growing a little slow lately so I am going to transplant them tonight just before bed time, into a 1 gallon pot.

I am using a mix of
- 80% peat
-5% perlite
-10% vermiculite
-5% dolomite

(Any problems please let me know)

I've kept a very close eye on my little girls and have tried to make any change in temp while adjusting very short and brief. I have checked water levels almost every hour.

I'm using an 18/6 hour lgiht schedule and will water every other day after transplant.

I hope i didn't forget to include anything but any questions or comments, please feel free.

Cheers, Captain Green

I was hoping to have my pictures up by tonight, but my pc's being moody. I will continue with the transplant and update tommorow, hopefully with pictures of nice happy ladies ready to grow. Anybody have problems with uploading big pictures at first? the picture resizer aint doin the trick...

Happy Smoking
Cheers CG

All_of_em_internet_.jpg

Hopefully that Worked, Kinda crappy quality with the crop but Ill see if i can squeeze a few mroe out before I tranplant

P1020010_internet_.jpg

The top view of the largest one, Still getting used to how far it has to be, apologies.

P1020011_internet_.jpg

Picture of my Best, decent and my runt. Havn't done anything different to any yet, not sure what to do but expect a lowrider.

I attempeted to take a shot fo the whoel setup but its about 9 pixels with the crop. Will figure out something, but off to mix the medium and transplant my ladies.

Ill get a couple better shots tommorow, my camera has a billion settings and i didn't realize I had to crop so much. Hope all goes well

Cheers C.G

Hey everybody, Sorry I havn't posted in a bit, had a few dire family things to deal with. I am sad to say that I have been neglecting hte ladies a bit and it seems to be showing. I transplanted about 5 days ago, and the younger leaves have started turning yellowish at teh tips and my smaller plants have begun to warp their youngest leaves. I checked to see if it was to do with over or underwatering but changeing that ammount of water hasnt done sh*t. Just do let everyone know my exact procedure; I boil water to rid of all bacteria and let cool to room temp, before putting it through a brita, then I water each plant with 125ml every 24 hours. I hope that is the right amount or close to it, I just wanted to make sure I didnt overwater and if anything underwatered as thats overwatering is the numbe 1 problem all my friends ran into(Thoughts anyone ???). I was looking around the forum and web to try and find solutions. I havn't started fertilizing yet but from what I've read It seems theirs a Mylobdenum defficeincy. If anyone thinks differently please let me know and I'll get on the remedy as quick as possible. I am goign to use Botanicare-Pure Blend (Pure grow) 3-2-4. The guy at my headshop downtown says its the easiest to use and best for begginners, so I'll see if that does the trick.

I will post pics later on today, gotta get to work, but if anyone has any ideas on what is wrong with ym babies, PLEAASE let me know ASAP, i want them to go through as little stress as possible. Also if anyone knows why the largest plant is so much alrger, hav t given any special treatment at all, all I can think is that it may be a male, which is fine with me if teh other 4 are Fems. Apologies if that doesnt make full sense, just smoked some Critical Mass I just got, and I am sky high.

Cheers everyone,

C.G.

Thanks guys,

I've been keeping an eye on the PH and it seems to be perfectly in between 6 and 7, although it hasn't budged a mm since i put it in so Im gonna change the meter to another plant and see if it fluctuates every a mm to show that the meter is workin. I'm gonna head out and get some Ph up and PH down for the future as im sure ill need it sooner or later.

Thanks again, Cheers

C.G.

Big_Bertha_bad_leaves.jpg

Picture of my biggest. Apologies for the angle, the other ones turned out quite crappy. The leaves look llike theres a slight flim of dirt on them and the newer leaves are just showing signs of yellowing at the tips. The upper part of the stem is turning a slight purple, not srue if thats part of the strain.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/More_twisted_leaves.jpg
Another picture of one of my smaller ones witht eh same problem jus tless advanced.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Twisted_Leaves.jpg

One of the worst warpers, the bigger leaves are showing signs of warping too, although you can't see it.

I fertilized them with a good dose o 150ml each annd followed the jug step by step. Im not really sure what is wrong and don't really want to do anything drastic until I know whats wrong. Ill see if the fertilizer helps at all and hope to see a change in a day or two. Any ideas or tricks would be really appreciated, I was told by some buddies to; a not worry about it and cut downt he lower leaves and b) to switch to dasani water, althouhg I really dont want to fork out a whole bunch ofr bottled water if its not needed. Thanks again and hope someone can help a brother out.
Cheers

C.G.

Plants seem to be doing well. They are still growing and signs of yellowing have stopped advancing. Will my leaves turn back to normal, or are the affected ones affected forever. And by the way just to clarify, I mean I watered them with 150ml of fertilizer enriched water, not 150ml right out of the bottle. Any ideas or tricks would still be welcomed.

Cheers again,

C.G.

I was actually contemplating updating yesterday, must be sign to start er up again. Wasn't too pleased with the responses I got so I stopped. If there is demand, I must produce supply then. I'll take some pictures tommorow and update to where I am to date. but its moving fairly slowly. Id take them tonght but I just got back from work and I have to transplant a couple tonight, I'm beat. I Actually have some leaf burn, not sure if its PH, magnesium or calcium def. so if anyone can let me know so I can remedy the situation would be great. Updates will be coming shortly...

Cheers C.G.

Yeah its kinda strange, 2 of my plants look completely different from the others. They look much more like staiva than indiica, although it might be that they're big strong males which would be a major bummer, but still leave me 3 females to boot, which isnt so bad. Ive heard mixed reviews about it too, wasnt too worried as this is my first, don't really have any expectations, just so I dont set em to high, therefore anything I get is a positive. I've screwed up a couple things I know for sure.

1) I didnt get to adding the Calcium/Magnesium supllement I needed to add to my Peat until they were showing signs of defficieny(apparently it isnt added to it)

2) My HpS light was much too high when they were little girls and probably made them stretch more then they should have, this wasn't my fault however as I had my arm broken and in a cast for the first few weeks,plus I didn't really realize till it wasn't going to make as much of a difference.

3) I waited to transplant the smaller ones too long, I didn't relize they were somewhat suffocating int he smaller pots that I had, and were somewhwat rootbound when I finally transplanted them all.

Those are the biggies that I can think of off the top of the noodle, however I may have made a few mistakes with the watering schedule and soil but who doesn't.

For the pictures:

New_Shots_-1.jpg

A nice shot of the bunch, wish I could ge tmore in the shot but I have to crop alot of it so the quality is sacrificed for size, my apologies.

Its less visible in this one and more in the next but the middle plant has almost fully purple stems all over and a creeping burning up my leaves that have started at its youngest leaves and worked fromt he tip in, and the base up. If that makes any sense, tell me if i need to clarify.

New_Shots_-2.jpg

Another shot of the bunch, more horizontally. As you can see I've got some pretty serious midstems, (stretching, or the sativa syndrome not sure) however only one of the two bigger ones ahs the Calcium/magnesium deficiency. I watered it with another good dose about 20 minutes ago (2L) and have been daraining it liek im supposed to, dont know whats choking it.

The other ones look slightly droppy however those are the ones that were a littel root bound, and I jsut tranplanted two a couple days ago, and the third one last night. They should look much happier when they realize their roots can giv'r more, felt like an idiot when I realized that.

New_Shots_-4.jpg

Close up shot of the Purple Stem. Somethings choking her big time, but I'm not really sur what else I can do, any suggestions please let me know

New_Shots_-3.jpg

Shot of the burned fan leaf, caused by wahtevers making the stem purple. Had the same thing happen to the fan leaves below and cut them off after they were fully dry and dead.

THe plants are around 36-38 days old. I know theyre not the most amazing and theyre proabbly a few problems, but hey I've learned more than I could've ever read by doing it and regardless of how this one goes, I can't wait to start my next one, fresh and clear with some mistakes to correct. Hopefully I can gett some females out of this grow and get some good kush whil IM at it, but I really did this one for a learning experieince so any advice for an aspiring horticulturalist, please let er rip, I appreciate every bit of it.

Ps Chizarium- I got my seeds in around Septemeber this year and I got them from the Montreal Seed Bank. They looked really nice from what I've heard seeds are supposed to look like, real rich colour.

This is your Captain Signing off,
Until next time,
Cheers again and happy smoking

C.G.

I really hope someone can help me out.
I was movin my babies in and out to see if any ndoes are appearing, and happened to bend the stem of one of them onn the light. It doesnt look broken or snapped, but it is cocked to one side and I was wondering if this can kill the plant, and if theres anyhting I can do to stop it if it can. Im more than pissed at myself but was a littel surprised on how easily it bent. I will post pictures tommorow morning to see how its doing.
Pleassse someone let me know if this has happened to them and that everything will be fine.

Still trying to beleive I fuckin did that

C.G.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo

gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey there everyone,

My apologies about abondoning the post. That Grow didnt actually go so well as 3 of them turned out to be males and the last turned out to be a hermi. But I made a few adjustments to my lgiht setup, venitaltion and nutrients and my new crop is much happier. I am growing some King's Kush and some Big Bang and they look delicious. Love the GH seeds and am really happy with how they are going. I just put them to flower so hopefully I can get my camera back and get some snaps up before the weeks end. Keep you posted!

Cheers, and Happy smoking.

CG

Back
Top Bottom