Anonymoose's Second Grow (First in 8 Years) Sour Diesel - 430W HPS

anonymoose

420 Member
Okay, so this will be only my second grow ever... and my first since the early 2000's. As of now, I only have babies in the humidome, but photos will come soon. I hope to add some other strains to my repetoire, a friend has offered to hook me up with some Death Star and Free-For-All cuttings (never heard of either), and there was a third strain that I can't remember for the life of me. I look forward to sharing the progress of my grow with all of you, and to learning from any input/advice/feedback that you may wish to contribute.

Here's what we're dealing with:

My main light (for now) is a 430 watt HPS. My growspace is a closet, HPS in the bottom, two 4' flouro tubes up top for the babies and little ones. The bottom portion will function as both my veg and flower area, until I add another lamp and then the closet will serve only as the veg area, and the bedroom itself will be the flowering area. I am using coco fiber as my medium, and my nutrients are the Pure Blend Pro line, along with Liquid Karma and Cal-Mag. I may experiment some with FoxFarm, as my strain donor highly recommends it, and it obviously works well with his genetics.

I can already tell that heat is going to be my arch nemesis with this closet growspace. I have to figure out how best to vent it.... a test run had temps peaking at 90, but that was with no exhaust. I was about to cut a hole in the ceiling and pump the exhaust into the attic, but a friend suggested re-circulating the air back into the main part of the room, and just adding a window AC unit to maintain temps.

This entire thing is going to be a work-in-progress. Starting a new grow after so many years off is almost like starting from scratch all over again.

But, thankfully I have an army of experts and master growers at my disposal to aid me in my venture.

Until the next post......

Re: Anonymoose's Second Grow (first in 8 years), Sour Diesel, 430w HPS

I do small cabinet grows with HIDs and coir. Fertigate with a little run-through and at 1000 - 1200 ppm. Air-movement is for much more than mere heat-removal; very important. I recirculate each box into the room air, which I scrub and cool with a window AC in season.
I just bought a sack of :popcorn: Let the Games begin!

Hi anonymoose
I doubt it very much, but...

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Thanks BP for the reminder!
Yes, this grow is very much alive.... thread not so much. I will update soon, once I'm at a non-work computer. I've got more to type than I can easily do from my cell phone. All my photos were recently deleted in a moment of paranoia... but we're in week 2 of flowering now, and ill upload some current pics... and hopefully update those thread more frequently.

Greenest Greetings anonymoose -

Just checking in with you again. You indicated you would be updating this grow, and it's been another month.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom