430W HPS DWC + Hempy, Ugly Plants Inside!

TomatoPie

So, I'm about to start flowering my moms from my first run.

Took a few clones to carry on the genes and to have smaller moms for the upcoming move in a few months.

Last run I had a champion C99 with a killer yield, so this run I'll be stocking up on DieselXc99 (2 moms-hempy 2 clones-DWC) and a single White Rhino seedling.

I sorta learned a lesson about Hempy buckets, that you should not flush them with un-pH'd tapwater which is around 8, it will royally fuck things up for a while. You will see what I mean when I go take/upload some pics later this afternoon.
The White Rhino lost most of it's original fan leaves, one of the Diesel moms is all warped and fucked up, and wait till you see my alien C99 re-vegged bud-clones :D

The DWC clones are looking magnificent, I doubled the air in the res since the last run and I have never seen a plant grow so fast, large and bushy from a single node, in less than two weeks.

Anyway, sorry for the suspense and lack of pics but I got some chores to do before I can get to that.

:welcome:

I just started my DWC grow about 3 days ago, I cant wait for the massive growth and for some pics!!:rollit::popcorn:

Hullo there,

Here's the ugly plants I promised, but it's ok, they are just growin' to fill the time until the new room :D

White Rhino seedling that lost all it's fan leaves to pH issue, she was looking so good too...

DSC_1118.jpg

Diesel clone with the same pH issue I think I have under control. I flushed for some unknown reason with un pH'd water, probably at around 7.5. I don't really know why I did that, I guess I figured unused nutes would accumulate in the medium, but I did not feed them quickly enough, or with wrong pH, beats me.

DSC_1119.jpg

Here's another clone of the same strain, she gave a few clones to ensure the next generation and is probably a little underfed. I don't have this hempy thing quite right yet :D

DSC_1120.jpg

And here's why I love DWC.

DSC_1117.jpg

Inch tall clones a week and a half ago on 1/8th Canna nutes dosage + calmag, double the amount of air pumped into the res since last time. Front one is topped for 2 dominant stalks, back one is untopped untrained natural, and growing massively from every possible point.

Probably going to give start flowering tomorrow.

Peace

Here are some more funny looking plants.

A bunch of bud clones I'd taken off of C99 last run, very deep into flowering, like 30-40 days in. They took a while to re-veg, but they are actually doing very nice. The lower stem (one node to root, one node to grow from w/ 1 fan leaf) parts rooted and re-vegged quicker than the actual bud at the tip of the stalk. One of those gave me 3 tops, the other five, all out of a minuscule bud. The bud ones, as you can see, look very alien :D

budclones.JPG

So, I think I am figuring out the buckets. I need to give them way higher nute loads than I do in DWC, because as the water evaporates in the hempy, those nutes are lost as salts. In DWC they keep recirculating and stay available.

Those two 15" dudesses flowering are still about 15" or 16". The 4" and 5" DWC clones are now passed 15". Only about 5 days flowering too.

Pics when they wake up :)

I saw almost the exact same looking clones in a different grow somewhere. A small little clone way into flowering turned into a huge beautiful plant. Keep it up man :goodjob: That hempy is very interesting. I may have to do one or two in that to try it out. Probably for my mother plant since it seems like pretty low maintenance.

Yeah, they are really nice with the low maintenance aspect, especially for when I was keeping these under 2 cfl's as moms.

The downside is: If you screw up your nutes, watering, pH, you can't drain the res and start over. Hence that screw up with those once impeccable plants.

I adjusted the nutes up and they are pushing fresh growth from all the tips, going to leave the ugly crap below until senescence at the end of flowering, there's still some goodies in there to be sucked out. The crazy clones are looking much greener and growing again :p

Gotta stop forgetting to take pics, they are looking pretty good. The DWC are already 2 feet tall, covered in budlets, still looking awesome but had a bit of a pH issue due to res change procrastination (damn stoners).

The rough hempy plants look better too, but I'm probably going to use those only for mothers from now on, I don't like not being able to change their juice and having no control over what's going on down there, in a hydro nute setup.

I am so eager to have a new room, in which I can use all of my plant count. I got a couple of new strains, and a few more on the way. Having a wide variety of herb for specific ailments, situations and possibility of making rather unique "effect" blends for patients is wonderful.

I am so eager to have a new room, in which I can use all of my plant count. I got a couple of new strains, and a few more on the way. Having a wide variety of herb for specific ailments, situations and possibility of making rather unique "effect" blends for patients is wonderful.

Yea I know how you feel. I'm in the process of building an extra bedroom that will be a grow room for awhile. That will give me a lot more space it's gonna be awesome. Variety is always a good thing to have, I'm sure your patients will be happy. :ganjamon::ganjamon:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom