Pt.2 - Korloin Goes Hydro!

Glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about the plants. I just had to break down for a week and now I am ready to get my girls home. Seems to me like a lot of us have been having a tough week or two. Keep up the good work it will all pay off in the end. ;)

hey guys...been out the loop a little bit. busy busy =)

i see sex!!!!
ok its very immature and i will do an update tommorow. but im officially calling KC45 a 'semi-automatic'.
it may have a terminal age where it forces itself to flower...but for all intents and purposes if you keep the light hours high (probably 18+) you can treat it like a regular plant as far as manipulation and cloning e.t.c...then just drop to 7 hours of dark or more and it will flower =D

hey guys...been out the loop a little bit. busy busy =)

i see sex!!!!
ok its very immature and i will do an update tommorow. but im officially calling KC45 a 'semi-automatic'.
it may have a terminal age where it forces itself to flower...but for all intents and purposes if you keep the light hours high (probably 18+) you can treat it like a regular plant as far as manipulation and cloning e.t.c...then just drop to 7 hours of dark or more and it will flower =D

Very good news my friend, so wonder what the time frame outside would be if planted in like late April or May??? Curious we will see. Have the La Bell in water now germinating just waiting for her to pop.

not sure. im getting around a dozen nodes before alternation...maybe outdoors it grows like a 12/12 from seed plant would and flowers as soon as its mature enough to do so.

mine are small really. none are more than18 inches tall and they all have 12-15 nodes right now. and a lot of its height is stretch from my light being far enough away to hit all my plants. but you can tell it would be a big beast if given room to grow and some peace from fkin fungus gnats, lol.

now i KNOW its a semi i like it more...its doing what it suppose to, i just didnt understand the plant.

not sure. im getting around a dozen nodes before alternation...maybe outdoors it grows like a 12/12 from seed plant would and flowers as soon as its mature enough to do so.

mine are small really. none are more than18 inches tall and they all have 12-15 nodes right now. and a lot of its height is stretch from my light being far enough away to hit all my plants. but you can tell it would be a big beast if given room to grow and some peace from fkin fungus gnats, lol.

now i KNOW its a semi i like it more...its doing what it suppose to, i just didnt understand the plant.

Auto's are a whole new game for me as well GiG starting with the LA Bella, the KC's will wait for the outside grow. But once La Belle pops she will go in the bloom tent under a 1000w HPS, so we will see. The KC TNR is doing good and the Platinum Purple Kush is doing good the Sugar Punch and Madshack, by Sannies are doing the best of the old crew, but the Heribei x Extrema that my gal stated is by doing the best. That dam KISS thing lol. Peace OG

i still maintain that the bella is the best strain i have ever encountered. mine is about 32 days old right now and is as tall as the rest of them with only about 9 nodes so far and is producing cute little flowers already...they are MUCH bigger, stronger and more developed than the fast bud that went into the ground at the same time, and they are meant to be 2weeks faster than the bella!?!?!?

granted i have been suffering badly from my gnat infestation but even that is a plus for the bella as it seems the most resistant to being shocked at having its toes chewed off by maggots, lol ;)

i still maintain that the bella is the best strain i have ever encountered. mine is about 32 days old right now and is as tall as the rest of them with only about 9 nodes so far and is producing cute little flowers already...they are MUCH bigger, stronger and more developed than the fast bud that went into the ground at the same time, and they are meant to be 2weeks faster than the bella!?!?!?

granted i have been suffering badly from my gnat infestation but even that is a plus for the bella as it seems the most resistant to being shocked at having its toes chewed off by maggots, lol ;)

Well was getting sceptical on the La Bella, but after three days she finally broke the shell so she is in dirt and waiting for the plant, really can't wait. Like a kid at Christmas,lol.

Going downstairs in a minute to snap some pics of my remaining plants for y'all.

Lessons learned this week:

1) do not take cuttings if you aren't going to be around for a few days.:straightface:
2) Cuttings root poorly under GLR. :biglaugh:
3) I'm not very good w/ rockwool just yet.:laugh:

:peace:

K

PHOTO UPDATE

Or - YOU Too Can Kill More Plants Using The Korloin Method!

:rofl:

Booty Pics (aka KC45)
DSCF6486.JPG

DSCF64891.JPG

DSCF64901.JPG

It's not easy to see really, but I topped all the side branches a couple days before my trip.
Most of the topped shoots have grown their 2nd node points already! I haven't quite figured this plant out yet, really. If the breeder info was actually correct, I should be curing this bitch by now. :grinjoint: They're not auto, but they friggin' GROW fast! So I've been manhandling her a bit. :slide::cheesygrinsmiley:
I gotta go check in on GiGa's journal and see where his are. :high-five:

"?bean?" Pretty sure this is from the Driz/Kush seeding too. Indica-ier pheno than Glady's, but has a similar bouquet. ;)
DSCF64931.JPG

DSCF6494.JPG

I gave her(?) a little trim last night.

Glady's. Recuperated from the transplant nicely, I think. Starting to bush out a bit finally.
I had topped her main stem a bit back. Now I've got 4 nice tops. As the side branches caught up
to the apicals.:high-five:

DSCF6496.JPG

DSCF6497.JPG

DSCF6498.JPG

DSCF6500.JPG

The last of the Free Kush seedlings. Got it under a 23w cfl at 24/0. Might make a Mother from this one, if its a girl. :thumb:
DSCF6504.JPG

The two Mexi-schwag bagseed survivors

DSCF6508.JPG

DSCF6509.JPG

The Delicious Critical Jack fem

DSCF6510.JPG

DSCF6512.JPG

Sarafima

DSCF6520.JPG

DSCF6519.JPG

Sarafima's aborted babies:oops:

DSCF6521.JPG

And finally, the bagseed that never had an F'n chance.:oops::rofl:

DSCF6522.JPG

Bummer about the troubles dude. The other ladies look nice though.

Thanks guys. It's all good though!:allgood:
Will be harvesting in April at the latest.
I have at least 2 females this round, (that's one more than last!) and they're all healthier than my previous attemps.
I think it'll all work out just dandy!:thumb:

As far as getting the hydro going again.
I need to retool my space a bit. Too much potential
for contamination. Probably gonna finish the area with some mold resistant whatnot, seal the floor and set up a proper veg/ clone area and flowering area. I have a much better handle, conceptually, on environmental control now. Compared to when I first put the box together. Plus I kinda did it cart before the horse a bit, as I didn't know where I was going to put it. That made a few things harder to access than they should be. Fresh start! Should only take a weekend really, once I get the materials. Also got a new idea floating around in my head about DIY'ing a recirculating (RDWC'ish) hempy sog unit. :) I like the hempy sog idea more and more lately.

K

Ladies are looking good, I hear on the grow issues , really thought a winter grow with the tent in the garage would have been ideal , but guess I have learned a few things and I think the biggest right off the bat is overwatering the seedlings which kinda slowed things down but getting her dialed in and then comes spring and a 7 strain outdoor grow. Peace, OG

Hey there K, I saw Xlr8's post about his mini RDWC and remembered you. You should take a look at this post, it's a nice system he has running :).

Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

You know. That kinda solidifies my conclusion for my design. I was having trouble figuring out a way to move the solution without it overflowing the containers. And moving it between sites in an efficacious/ balanced manner.

The RDWC model fails here a bit, But combining it w/ an flood & drain principle is the solution!

my plan:

materials-

4"x4" PVC Fencing posts cut to 8" height (quantity dependent upon grow space)
I'm thinking 8-12 for mine, w/ 10 being ideal for sog.

Sheet of acrylic or plexiglas (or what have you that's not metal or wood) cut to sit snuggly in a rectangular rubbermaid tub w/ lid (tub size subjective to grow).

extra tub for to be sat in. :)

Silicon sealant.

Fittings much like Xlr8's got going.

2 + airstones (subjective once again)

Waterpump suitable to move your stuff far enough.

2-1/2" plastic shims to raise acrylic base from tub bottom.

Puttingtogetherisms -

Hempy Tubes

1) Set up 4"x 4" tubes on plexi.
2) mark placements on plexi.
3) drill holes through plexi in interior of marking.
4) reset tubes and seal to plexi w/silicone.
5) attach shims to underside of plexi.

Upper Reservoir

1) Set drain fitting in tub rising 2" from bottom.
2) Set overflow fitting to appropriate height to saturate grow medium during flood phase (thanks Xlr8!! :high-five:)
3) Place airstone and connect to airpump

Lower Resevoir

1) Drill/ cut hole in side of tub. (size subjective to your project)
2) Set water pump in tub and connect to 90degree elbow set through cut hole.
3) connect tubing to 90degree elbow, vertical, to another 90degree elbow with horizontal mouth facing reservoir.
4) from upper horizontal mouth, connect tubing to feed the upper tub.

Lid

1) cut to allow passage through of grow tubes and rest on upper tub.

Completion

1) Set plexi base into upper tub and secure lid.
2) Set upper tub into lower tub.
3) puts in yer nutes. :)

"In The Tubes"

Medium - Whatever you want I guess. I'm thinking of going coir/ perlite next.

In principle you fill the tubes like a 2l hempy w/ medium. The 2-1/2" shims at the bottom of the plexi provide a 1/2" airpocket below each hempy unit and above the solution. A timed flood period like Xlr8's system (fed from the lower tub) will keep everything all oxygeny and remove the necessity for top feeding. The Hempy (by nature) will keep the root rot at bay, so I won't have to worry too much about res temps. And all the extra o2 can't be anything but good!!

That's the brainplan anyway. ")

I have enough material to make a 5 site version right now. So I may just build it and run an experiment.

It feels like it would work at least. ;)

K

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom