Third Times A Charm They Say

How are the girls doing? Mine are good gotta pull them out trim and bend then flip to 12/12 on Monday and Emily looks like it might be a he , no biggie. Will get a better look later and get some pics to update my journal. Hope all is well in your garden.

Hey OG!

Sorry, life has been kicking my ass quite a bit the past few days and I haven't been posting as much. The girls are doing great now!
LK still a bit behind the others, but no more issues than that. Except her pre-flowers (pretty sure this time :) ) are a bit more pronounced than the other two's are. :)

QD is the glamor Queen by far! I think you're gonna enjoy your Drizzellas!!
Since I lst'd and topped her, she's been pouring shoots out like mad!
There were quita bit of dead and dying leaves I trimmed up from after the whole soil fiasco (on all of them!) and I think that might have stunted them a tad. But now I think everyone is on firm ground and ready to get their grow on again!

Had one minor accident yesterday w/ the keeper. She fell off of her stand and one of her new growths at the apical top was shorn off. So she's back to a 1cola top again. :(

Right now I'm trying to figure out what height to set my scrog screen at. The Drizella is said to stretch 1.75 to 2 times it's veg height. Since I've been doing GLR and that is supposed to reduce stretch, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I don't want to screw myself either way. Thinking about vegging just one more week and then going 12/12, but I may go sooner.

Sorry about Emily. :( (fingers crossed)

K

Understand the life thing, mine has been doing the same , lol. But I have been trying to kick back. Good to hear the girls are doing well , I would think as far as the screen maybe a 4-6 inch gap as they flip they will still stretch , I have one I call quadzilla ( will post on my journal in the am) seems to still be getting taller and I thought she was a week or two away from harvest. Sorry about the broken top of will still produce some nice stuff figure 6-8 weeks of flower some of his seeds say longer . No worries on Emily not a 100% sure yet need a scope to get a good look but once I flip it should not take long. Look forward to some pics. Will update mine in the am, may look into a scrog screen as well for three plants maybe four if Emily proves me wrong. Peace my friend and may the life stuff settle and let you truly enjoy this grow obviously the third time is a charm, just a bumpy start.

Hi K, I wanted to come and say hello and hope you are OK and that things pick up for you. Life's curve balls really do suck. Sending fluffy hugs to hopefully help :hug:

I'm sorry about the keeper! Argh! I'm just glad she managed to hold on for you though and didn't end up dying.

I'm having the same debate with myself about the vegging time, I am sure you will make the right choice for you and your girls.

You take care my friend and hope to see you again soon.

Korloin I think you are doing well. I am not utilizing scrog or any training but will next round, I am stoked to see how all this turns out. :yummy: When are ypu setting up the screen? I am not using GLR but with the diminishing light I did use I noticed that at least in the first ten days only a couple plants have really stretched but not alot, I would assume that GLR cuts this even further you may be able to fill to at least ninety percent capacity before flipping, that is certain to increase your yield. I imagine that an overfill may just look sloppy? Are there other connotations from this? Sorry for so many questions......I repped ya Korloin because you show a great willingness to perservere and that is to be admired!! :high-five:

:peace:

Thanks guys!
:thanks:

Ok, I meant to do this last night, but I got tired. :)

new pics!

5 weeks old now.

LK before the trim 9/24

IMG_25253.JPG

and after

IMG_25346.JPG

QD from above 9/24

IMG_25245.JPG

IMG_25286.JPG

Sidereal

IMG_25275.JPG

QD under the screen 9/24

IMG_25368.JPG

I think I might raise it another inch or so.

The Keeper unleashed from her bonds 9/24

IMG_25337.JPG

Hopefully LK takes to her haircut. :)

Figured she was a freebie and was behind everyone anyway.......

And the defoliation techniquies intrigued me, so why the heck not. Maybe I'll get surprised and she'll out yield the other 2!! :)

QD and The Keeper are going strong still. That Drizella is a tough plant! Can't wait to see her in flower!

Thanks for all the support friends!
I'm getting through this grow one way or the other. :)
But now I feel a lot more confident. Next grow will go off with far fewer hitches, I'm sure.

Yayyyyy! We got K'ster Clan piccies!!! :cheer:

The girls look fab Korloin, they really do. From what you were saying I thought I was going to see nothing but withered plants but they are recovering so well from their issues and look great!

Of course you are going to get through this grow one way or another, told ya we wouldn't have this grow fail, not on my watch. Even if I have to start doing crazy lady growing dances to take their minds off feeling poopy then that I shall do!

I am willing to bet that your next grow is going to be like doing a crossword with the answers available, you'll have learned so much from the trials and tribulations nothing will phase you! I on the other hand will throw a fluffy wobblie because everything has been smooth so far.

So remember, KORLOIN & HIS GIRLS ROCK!!! :rocker::tommy:

Korloin, looking good Sir , like the scrog , I agree a few inches higher, but have not personally used one. And as Fluffy said , they look way better than it sounded. Lst is amazing for this plant, what you already have going is good, I take mine way down, the tops were about two inches below the top of the bucket . They are now about four inches above the bucket. Still think Emily is an Emilio ,lol .

Can't wait to see pics of them up in the screen, to see what it is like. Will have to try some inside and out. I plan on growing a few seeds and take a clone from each one and flower them under t5 to sex them and find my mother plants.

And your grow is looking good, so everything is on the right track, now it is just keeping that up daily or every other day . Peace my fellow grower and may your scrog yield bounties ....

Looking good Korloin.

:thumb:

What is the distance between the top of the pot and the screen?

I started with 4" gap, plants were fine with that distance, but I struggled to work under the screen. It is now 5" and there is so much more room, very comfortable to work, the distance between the edge of the screen and the back of the garden is the same as my elbow to fingertip, if your garden is deeper, or your hands are like shovels, you may want 6" clearance! If you have plenty of head room then give yourself a comfortable space, you'll be glad later!

:hookah:.

I started with 4” gap, plants were fine with that distance, but I struggled to work under the screen. It is now 5” and there is so much more room, very comfortable to work, the distance between the edge of the screen and the back of the garden is the same as my elbow to fingertip, if your garden is deeper, or your hands are like shovels, you may want 6” clearance! If you have plenty of head room then give yourself a comfortable space, you’ll be glad later!

Thanks for posting this AJ...it's a really useful bit of information to tuck away should I ever use a scrog.

Looking good Korloin.

:thumb:

I started with 4” gap, plants were fine with that distance, but I struggled to work under the screen. It is now 5” and there is so much more room, very comfortable to work, the distance between the edge of the screen and the back of the garden is the same as my elbow to fingertip, if your garden is deeper, or your hands are like shovels, you may want 6” clearance! If you have plenty of head room then give yourself a comfortable space, you’ll be glad later!

Hi AJ! Thanks!

I reset the screen. I had it in only a few, maybe 3-4 inches above LK's top.
Now I have it arched across @ 5-6" at the highest point down to the level of the pots on the ends. My base is 25"x27", with 40" total height between the floor and the plexiglas. My crates are just under a foot tall and the plants are probably 6 or 7" above that. That leave @ 16" to flower with. The canopy can go right up to the glass without too much heat. Not sure if the light intensity would be too much or not though. I could bring it down though.

QD already has near half the screen filled. Not sure if LK will reach it in veg and the keeper has one top poking through so far.

:)

Looking good man! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Hightimes!

I'll take some new pics tonight at lights on. QD is filling out the screen nicely. :)

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna put them into flower. The Kush are just gonna have to grow into it. ;)

Thanks Hightimes!

I'll take some new pics tonight at lights on. QD is filling out the screen nicely. :)

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna put them into flower. The Kush are just gonna have to grow into it. ;)

Hi Korloin!
Your plants are ready for flowering for sure :cheesygrinsmiley: I've also switched to flowering a few days ago :high-five:

Looking forward to your pics!

:peace:

Hi AJ! Thanks!

That leave @ 16" to flower with. The canopy can go right up to the glass without too much heat. Not sure if the light intensity would be too much or not though. I could bring it down though.

:)

Plenty room for more than decent buds! :thumb: As you say, you can lower the Girls

Don't think too much light is a worry:allgood:

Very nice, can't wait to see the screen , mine to will be flipped to 12/12 tomorrow minus one, Emily was a boyband with the seeds I have decided to pull him and flower the girls. Will get some nee pics upbon lyjurnal. The outside girls are plumping up nicely . Wanna see QD in bloom looking forward to what I have to look forward to. Can't wait for an update .

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Timers been set and Flowering begins @ 7:30pm tonight.
QD has been filling squares in the screen every day.
IMG_25716.JPG
IMG_25706.JPG
IMG_25727.JPG
IMG_25698.JPG

LK has grown back quite a bit of foliage. I've since trimmed her up again, exposing everything to light.
IMG_25687.JPG
IMG_25736.JPG

The Keeper is still growing strong, one tip through the screen.
IMG_25675.JPG

And a stranger to the journal no longer! One of the two seeds I germed when I thought
all was dead. The other settled too deep in the soil and couldn't break ground. This one I discovered @ 1/8" below the soil
trying to get some light. Not sure if it's Kush or Drizella just yet (should've marked the pot).
Yes, going to flower after 1 week. Nothing else I can do so we'll see what happens. :)
IMG_25757.JPG

Good luck my little leafy's!! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom