Third Times A Charm They Say

Was hoping to have a t5 for one of the plants would like to make her a mother plant for clones , but that may not happen, dam kids and birthdays , lol. The clones have been in since 8/19 and Emily went in the same time but sprouted 8/10. Was gonna flip to 12/12 at the end of the month my light can still go up four feet higher so the stretch won't be an issue , so they still have a little over two weeks to veg and grow.

Was hoping to have a t5 for one of the plants would like to make her a mother plant for clones , but that may not happen, dam kids and birthdays , lol. The clones have been in since 8/19 and Emily went in the same time but sprouted 8/10. Was gonna flip to 12/12 at the end of the month my light can still go up four feet higher so the stretch won't be an issue , so they still have a little over two weeks to veg and grow.

Nice!

The more I think about it, the more I think I can get away w/ a longer veg myself. I forget that one aspect of using GLR is the reduction of stretch at the flip! It's probably also related to the quicker growth rate they seem to display in veg. Like their stretching a bit to flower and then going back into veg every day. Maybe?

So I think I may go another week or two myself. I'm pretty hard up for some nugs. But I'll probably be happier if I do.

Btw, pinched off all the dead growth on both of em' last night. They look a lot better now. :)
I think we're out of the water and heading home!!

Very good sir nice to hear they are doing better. So if I flip them at the end of the month they should be done mid November , then will start a new crop with the seeds from sannies and see how they do. Should be a nice little harvest before Xmas.

Well, good news and bad news today. :(

Squiggy finally just gave up on life. I went to check up on everyone during their 1hr light cyle and poor Miss Squig's top had just sat there all lopped over and split from the main stem. Like a crestfallen little girl, she appeared. With no more hope or passion. R.I.P. Squiggy. You were a good girl for a while. Sorry I spoiled your party, but you gave it everything you had to give.

In her honor I took her wee little top, gave it a little solemn thank you and a nice ceremonial-esque cremation..........in my bowl.
As I exhaled the pittance of smoke she was able to fume, I raised her ashes to old Sol and declared her life was not in vain! I praised her tiny little spirit and promised to do better with those of her cousins I would have the pleasure of acquainting myself with. And she rewarded my ritual with the meekest semblance of a buzz. Maybe it was the resin, maybe not. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and believe she meant to give back, just once more.

Miss Squiggy ~ 8/17/2012 - 9/15/2012
Squiggy21.jpg

In Memoriam Aeternlis

On the upside, Queen Drizella has decided to begin UN-clawing her little fingers!! Hope prevails! Maybe Squig threw her a little life before it wasted away unused. LK doesn't appear any worse, but not any better either. She's always been a bit behind QD though. Why should this be different. The Keeper (now has a name ) is still trucking along like an oblivious pre-pubescent midwestern farm-girl.

Korloin

Gulp... I am proper sad now! :straightface:

Bless her little green shoots, she wasn't strong from the beginning but gave it a bloody good go. I think she must have given her last little bit to Queenie so she's lived a productive life, and her spirit will live on!

One thing I'm gathering from watching other people grow is how much variation there is in growing times at different stages, even for the same grower. It's helping me worry less actually, as long as I'm doing what she calls out for then its all good. Sadly I don't think they are all meant to make it.

But now there is more space, more light and more energy for the other ladies...so the circle continues :circle-of-love:

:welcome: WestBlunts and ISmokes!!

Sorry about the bumpy road with your babies, but all that does is teach us new things. It feels like a class every day

Thanks ISmokes! It's all good. :) It is like class everyday! I think I'll still pull a decent crop on this grow, when all is said and done.:allgood:

Next one will rock from day one! I've learned more doing this journal than all the months of researching journals/ books and my previous half-assed attempts combined. :) It's makes a huge difference getting realtime feedback from folks that have already gone/ are going through your situation or worse. And those that have pretty much mastered their technique!

I feel real lucky to have had so many awesome people help me out and give support.:circle-of-love:

From here out, it should be all magic! Probably have a problem here or there, but I'm pretty confident I'll get through on top.

Thanks for coming by and checking it out!

I've been promising new pics, just haven't had much time to upload what i've taken. Tonight for sure! :)

Very good to hear the girls are starting to lift their skirts, so to speak. Ready for pics , I am just as bad think I put more photos of my girls in other journals than mine, all good we are here to share good or bad , had a small scare today one of my girls outsire was horizontal when I went to check on them, thankfully it was just one of the anchors that came loose easy fix and no harm. Look forward to some pics of what I will be growing in a few months ... Emily is thick my friend thinking good thoughts for her and may need to flip the switch early did not take into account the hood is an easy foot so I have three and plenty of rope, lol.
Throwing good vibes your inner green thumb . Peace , look forward to new pics.
OG.

NEW(ish) pics aka... QD's Return! :)

So I lst'd everyone again since I last posted pics.
QD and the Keeper on Sunday, LK yesterday.

I also topped all three even though I said I wouldn't. :bigblush:
This will let the others catch up before I flower them I think.

QD seems to be out of danger. :phew:
Which is Awe-Some! 'cause I wants me some Driz at the end of this!!! ;)

LK still slow, but the newer tops are growing good.
The Keeper still chugging along. :)

keeper (sunday 9/16)
IMG_24999.JPG

IMG_250511.JPG

LK (sunday also)
IMG_25036.JPG

QD (Sunday)
IMG_250213.JPG

IMG_25049.JPG

Oh yeah, I also got that MH bulb on monday! :)

Today's (9/18) Pics!
LK topped
IMG_25108.JPG

Keeper also topped
IMG_25125.JPG

QD topped as well
IMG_25145.JPG

IMG_25169.JPG

Goodnight Austin, Tx. Wherever you are....... :)

keeper (sunday 9/16)
IMG_24999.JPG

IMG_250511.JPG

LK (sunday also)
IMG_25036.JPG

QD (Sunday)
IMG_250213.JPG

IMG_25049.JPG

Today's (9/18) Pics!
LK topped
IMG_25108.JPG

Keeper also topped
IMG_25125.JPG

QD topped as well
IMG_25145.JPG

IMG_25169.JPG

The babie's are looking nice :thumb:

Korloin....sheesh I am sorry to have been absent my friend. I see that it appears things are starting to look up? Do not forget that stress is stress....and some plants bounce quickly and some not. Little Squig......salute.
If you are ever having problems I will help if need be please PM me or post in my thread, while still a newb I may be able to help. Sorry for the rough time things ARE looking up!!

:peace:

Oh thank goodness the girls are starting to pick up Korloin, I am so relieved! Looks like they are properly bouncing back, they look like they aren't a bad size now either. You are brave doing the topping, I'm not even going to attempt that til I've not killed at least two plants, I just don't trust myself!

:thumb:

I am delighted to see the perserverance finally starting to pay off!

Thanks OG, Shizz and Fluffy!

QD is looking really good compared to last week. :) she's the one I'm most looking forward to, so I hope things stay cool from here. She's definitely starting to pick up the pace as well. Even from Sunday to Tuesday you can see a bit of growth. If she turns out to be a dude I'm gonna be pissed! :) Well see how things look in a few more days and I'll drop them a bit lower beneath the lamp and set up the screen to try a lil' scrog with all those new tops. ;)

Thanks AJ! I think I will take advantage actually. :) I was hoping to harvest @ Halloween. But that timetable is out of reach, so I may as well take my time, let 'em fully recuperate and grow as many potential bud sites as I can and see what's possible in my lil' box. :) with little stretch and a bitt of LST/ scrog, I should be able to grow some nice colas in there I think. I'm gonna use .5 -.75 total stretch as a base for when to put 'em into flower. The Drizella is rated to stretch @ 1.5 times it's veg height in flower, so maybe the GLR has taken that down a bit. Untrained, the Drizella is now @ 10-12" tall and the Kush are probably both @ 8". So height wise I'm pretty close to max if I didn't train them. I'm thinking another week or so under the MH should be adequate.

Really good news they're on their way again:thumb:Praying for Girls for you:hookah:

I agree with you about glr, stretch/veg/stretch/veg etc. definitely seems to speed up veg once they get going. Take advantage of the lack of stretch, might be an extra weeks waiting but the rewards will be :lot-o-toke:.

Erm, embarrassed question from the back of the class...

When you say this do you mean an extra week of veg to compensate for the lack of stretch that comes with GLR/DLR?

And, erm... these benefits in particular are?

I probably know the answers already but I do get so confused with all the information .:bigblush:

I don't think this is a hijack is it Korloin? Directly related to the case in point 'guv :angel:.

Good question Fluffy! I’ll try and validate my thoughts by putting them into words:thumb:

When doing a Scrog most advice seemed to suggest flipping when the screen was 75-80% full and using initial stretch to finish filling the screen, timing it right so that once the screen is full the remaining stretch fills the space available under the lights.

With the reduced stretch I am now going to fill the screen 100% before flip and make sure as many tips as possible are peaking through their allotted square on the screen and receiving direct light before the flip, if I grew the same strain again I would grow all the tips about 2” above the screen before flip because I now know how much stretch to expect and there is enough room. I like the comfort blanket that growing the same strain two grows back to back provides.

If not doing a Scrog you can veg a plant a bit longer to get taller with some confidence that the stretch will not over-run the light, I think.

Embarrassed question from the front, has this explained my thinking?

Hijack away Fluffy!!

AJ nailed it!

Because GLR reduces initial stretch at flower, you can veg a lil longer and get your scrog full before flower and have it set to give the buds enough room to grow without giving them too little either. The difference between AJ and my grow is that he already knows how much his plants will stretch during flower, so he can plan his scrog height accordingly. Whereas I still have to make a guess on how much they will stretch. Either way, the GLRReduces this ang gives me more headroom to work with, so I could potentially veg longer and get larger yields. :)

I think. :)

AJ and Korloin...thank you so much for explaining this to me! It makes sense now, especially in terms of the Scrog.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom