Third Times A Charm They Say

some of my NewberCropping wounds are healing quite nicely! After bending @ the 4th shoot I think I finally figured out how to NOT blow big holes in the stems. I think. :)

:peace:

K

Love the net pot :allgood:

Admire your courage with severe defoliation! I admire the super cropping even more! I will endeavour to start in the following days, it will/should give some room for the leading branches to not press against the screen.

:hookah:

Does the ‘splitting’ of the stem have a really detrimental effect or is it just a mere flesh wound? Trying to imagine which direction to slightly crush the stem before bending, what will end as the top and bottom or what will end as the sides? Or, by your comments, have you developed a more successful technique?

:high-five:

Reps for the potential Homeopathy crossover!:bravo:

Love the net pot :allgood:

Admire your courage with severe defoliation! I admire the super cropping even more! I will endeavour to start in the following days, it will/should give some room for the leading branches to not press against the screen.

:hookah:

Does the ‘splitting’ of the stem have a really detrimental effect or is it just a mere flesh wound? Trying to imagine which direction to slightly crush the stem before bending, what will end as the top and bottom or what will end as the sides? Or, by your comments, have you developed a more successful technique?

:high-five:

Reps for the potential Homeopathy crossover!:bravo:

Hey AJ!!:)

I have only lost one top to my supercropping attempts. Due to a poor repair job. The spit stem (I've since been told) could lead to death of the plant if it is the main stem. All the ones I've split (accidentally ;)) while trying to develop this technique, have just kept growing with the split intact! The trick is to go slow and crush just enough to be able to twist the stem @ 90 degrees (in whichever direction you want it to start growing towards) without any breaks. Very much like an LST. The benefit (supposedly. This is a contentious topic) is as the stem heals, it creates a large bulge or knot at the bend site. This is supposed to allow a greater rate of nutrient/ water flow upwards and altering the path of expulsion so more is utilized (I may be completely off on the latter assertion. ?) before it is expelled. the end result is greater growth below the node under the bend while the plant sends healing juices towards the site of trauma and larger buds once the healing is complete. As well as shorter nodal differences. It does stall growth a bit though. :)

I've been working with Homeopathy in a professional setting (as a dispensary) for 15 years. My knowledge is a bit more in depth than a lay person perhaps, but nowhere near that of a practitioner. The subject of Agrohomeopathy really intrigues me and has actually pushed me towards advancing my studies and being certified as a practioner. One thing I've found is that the ones who tend to realize the benefits of the practice, moreover, are those without the ideological disposition to dismiss it (ie: animals, children and PLANTS!). I'm running a lil' experiment w/ the silicea right now. The houseplants and garden plants I brought inside seem to be thriving from the dose I gave them. With the constant stress I've been putting Runtlet through, it's difficult to gauge progress. I germed a seed by soaking it overnight in a silicea solution. It just sprouted yesterday, so we'll see how that goes. There is a thread of the same strain and relatively similar equiptment to mine thatI'm gonna compare against. Not true scientific method. But I don't have another seed of the same to do a control with. Next time.

Thanks for stopping!!

K

Yah know about that too much time on your hands thing, me I try not to go all out I try and keep it as simple as i can but love bending these plants to see what I can make of them and my space, with the new tent and my plants about 2 1/2 weeks or so from being done I am starting to focus on the next grow and changing things a little, but with it being winter and the tent in the garage may need some additional heat in there, we will see. Thankfully you put the runtlett bean into germ so you should have somse smoke soon.

Doing that here as well! Hoping my one clone roots (seems to be doing good) and I germed a Black Russian to run my first DWC with (in case I f'up it's my disposable strain :)) agreed on the Runtlet!!!

Keep well my friend!

K

Doing that here as well! Hoping my one clone roots (seems to be doing good) and I germed a Black Russian to run my first DWC with (in case I f'up it's my disposable strain :)) agreed on the Runtlet!!!

Keep well my friend!

K

Not disposable, just a test of run of what will become bigger and better things, Me I am gonna try and stick with soil and see if I can get that one dialed in , with hydro the nutes ppm is all up to you so it can bve tweaked but the ph, temp of the resivor and all that comes into play, a little more than I want to deal with right now, the black russian plant sounds interesting too. Dam there are alot of strains that look really good, may try and pick your brain to see how your pollination work and try and make my own new one that rocks with all the genetics I have coming could be a fun project. These plants can heal some pretty bad wounds as long as they are not completely cut off, which is a good thing in our cases, lol. I have a couple weeks before I get ready to drop a few seeds for what should be a good grow, but first a light for my veg tent, that would be a good thing, Peace my fellow grower and look forward to some pics of the girl.
OG

I'll be back as soon as I can to go back and caught up my darling, just wanted to drop off some Fluffy Hugs before then! :hug:

Oooh... DWC ...

I am really going to need help from everyone here to tie down my plan for next grow, I keep hearing all these cool ideas and going, let's try that! Mind you, I am never ever ever going to be brave enough for supercropping. I know me very well and I just don't have it in me lol.

I've been very seriously toying with the idea of doing a 2L hempie a la DonPaul grow with all autos ... but if I've learned anything from the current grow it's that I need to have at least a rough plan to follow to provide consistency for the girls. *sigh*

I wish my mind would stop doing it's butterfly thing of alighting on something then departing a second or two later. It's exhausting and I would really like to be able to create a masterpiece rather than a mish mash of "ooh! Lemme try!".

Sorry for the ramble. Get us some pics and and update up my darling, we miss you and the K'ster Clan!

:hug:

Post Script - Fluffy panic. That was not meant to be a post about me, it was actually trying to dial into the conversation here. I don't know what happened. Fluff is sorry *sniff*

Sorry I haven't been updating as regularly. Life has a funny way of placing obstacles. ;) I keep missing the stakes in the bottom of the pit when I fall, but I'm getting tired of having to keep crawling out of the pit afterwards. Cryptic, I know. But better than boring you all with the details.

Tomorrow is Runtlets 30th day in flower (counting from the first pistils):high-five:

Buds are coming in nicely. :thumb:
Starting to build a lil' sugar.
Busted my new camera, so I don't have any pics today. I'll try and post some tomorrow w/ the ipod.

The defoliation I've employed during this period has been extreme, to say the least. Not quite sure if it has slowed production or not. As the breeder states this about one of the phenotypes -
Pheno #2 (25%)- White Widow leaning pheno that is the strongest of the bunch. Buds are slow to form in bloom, not really showing much action until around 3-4weeks but it really blasts off after it starts.. At the beginning of bloom it looks a lot like the mom, but soon bypasses the crystal content and the bud clusters link up to form chunky "foxtail" colas... Lime/spices/vanilla/ and fruit permeate from this beauty, with the high being instantaneously felt between the eyes and slowly moving its way to the back or your head and down to your toes like a "wave effect"... this one finishes between 8-9weeks..

It could be the pheno Runtlet manifested. As the buds started getting somewhere about 2 days ago after a very, very slow growing last few weeks.

Made a mini DWC for the clone (rooted awesome in the 1pint hempy!) and the Black Russian seedling.
Took a $1.75 rubbermaid storage tote with @ 1gallon internal volume and cut 3 holes in the top for the hempy and 2, 3" net pots. Covered the whole thing in black gorilla tape, dropped in a 3" air stone and a mild seedling dose of my newly acquired BPN Elite 3part! My ph meter wacked out on me so I had to use my test strips. I think I ph'd the solution a tiny bit acidic, because the clone was showing the beginnings of a mag def. I added 1 tsp epsom salts to the reservoir and everything is looking ok. Ph is hanging @ 5.8 - 6.
Also got my auto's and am waiting for the Sweet S.A.D. Auto to sprout!

Got a bonus from work and decided to invest a bit into my lil' hobby while I had the chance to! :rocker:

En Route -

- BPN VitaBlue, Liquid Seaweed, Cal-Mag, Liquid Blue, Early Bloomer and some Root Magic.
- 50w 6band ufo LED for a lil' supplementation of the HPS's spectrum. (even a lil' UVB in the mix AJ!)
- 20mm ultrasonic fogger. (this will be in a bucket to help me bump the humidity this winter. It's already dropped as low as 16%, and I'm worried how it will affect the youngins'.)
- PPM tester
- 100x loupe for spying.

Plus a visit to the local hydro shop for some incidentals. :)

K

Oooh... DWC ...

I am really going to need help from everyone here to tie down my plan for next grow, I keep hearing all these cool ideas and going, let's try that! Mind you, I am never ever ever going to be brave enough for supercropping. I know me very well and I just don't have it in me lol.

I've been very seriously toying with the idea of doing a 2L hempie a la DonPaul grow with all autos ... but if I've learned anything from the current grow it's that I need to have at least a rough plan to follow to provide consistency for the girls. *sigh*

I wish my mind would stop doing it's butterfly thing of alighting on something then departing a second or two later. It's exhausting and I would really like to be able to create a masterpiece rather than a mish mash of "ooh! Lemme try!".

Sorry for the ramble. Get us some pics and and update up my darling, we miss you and the K'ster Clan!

:hug:

Post Script - Fluffy panic. That was not meant to be a post about me, it was actually trying to dial into the conversation here. I don't know what happened. Fluff is sorry *sniff*

:)

Ha Fluffy! You crack me up sometimes. This journals about us all really. No foul. No foul.

I'm doing DWC for a few reasons I'm not sure I've articulated, but maybe will help with your indecision for the next one.

(I'm all bullet point tonight. :))

1. It SOOOOO easy to make one! Bucket with lid, Air pump w/ air stone, netpot, Hydroton, nutes.
2. There's an easy to follow schedule recommendation provided w/the nutes.
3. Faster growth and larger yields.
4. You can make it as complicated or simple as you want.
5. It uses far less medium than hempy.

Korloin? Sold!!

Big hugs back there Fluffy the Hempire Slayer!:hug:
And a smooch to boot!:kisstwo:

Very interested in the DWC, and were ready for a photo update .

Tonight pics! I swear OG! :)

I'm worried I may have f'd up the SAD Auto! Should've stuck w/ my tried and true germing technique. It's a waiting game right now.

Runtlet in situ @ 30 days of flower -
IMG_26784.JPG

IMG_26626.JPG

IMG_26583.JPG

IMG_26471.jpg

The Clone
IMG_26695.JPG

ROOTS!!
IMG_26687.JPG

W/ the Black Russian and the (probably dead) Sweet S.A.D. Auto
IMG_26659.JPG

BR Roots (on left)
IMG_26675.JPG

Figure Runlets probably got @ 4-5 weeks to go. Hopefully I've got enough room in the lil' cab to veg
that long! Be doing some interesting lst possibly. :thumb:

Sorry to be short, but no time to do much elaborating tonight.
Be back tomorrow to throw out some context. :)

:circle-of-love:
K

Damm Love the plant pics , I thought I may have over done it, but didn't know I had F/gnats either so they are being treated and we will see with a week or so left, but I was expecting mine to look like that and some buds did not fully come in Fing gnats. Good looking plant, will have some bud soon. And on the MRS> UNIVERSE, you may be suprised it said the same thing when I ordered his Jack and low and behjold what came with it SANTA MARIA x BLUEBERRY , keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy he always comes through.

I'm loving the bullet points myself tonight K'ster ;)

I might always have to do a bit of both, I rather like soil and it feels right. I can't explain it, sorry!

Definitely want to give a small one a whirl next go and we will see what happens.

Hempire Slayer?! Genius! :laugh:

Nervous, excited, uncertain... tired... gulp ....

Fluffy Huggles :hug:

I'm doing DWC for a few reasons I'm not sure I've articulated, but maybe will help with your indecision for the next one.

(I'm all bullet point tonight. :))

1. It SOOOOO easy to make one! Bucket with lid, Air pump w/ air stone, netpot, Hydroton, nutes.
2. There's an easy to follow schedule recommendation provided w/the nutes.
3. Faster growth and larger yields.
4. You can make it as complicated or simple as you want.
5. It uses far less medium than hempy.

Korloin? Sold!!

Big hugs back there Fluffy the Hempire Slayer!:hug:
And a smooch to boot!:kisstwo:

Back
Top Bottom