Third Times A Charm They Say

Hey Guys and Gals!

Got a few minutes on my lunch break here, so I'll use it to give a quick heads up on what's happening in the box right now. :)
Got another 14hr day here, so won't be able to get any pick taken and up until at least tomorrow. One week to go and things will cal a bit. :)

So the Runtlet isn't runty anymore. :)
She (YES, SHE!!) started showing some pistils on Friday! :woohoo:

She's @ 1ft tall now, so I put the screen up and bent her apical top down do get them other shoots to bounce up and slow the vertical growth abit. There was only another 1ft or less of space going up and I'm not sure I would have been able to contain her height without a lil' training. Figure better safe than sorry. :)

Got probably 1/2 gram of pollen from the Kush and about the same from the Drizella. I'll be dusting one bud each on the runtlet with the pollen and see what happens from there. :) I'll store whats left in the fridge and probably try to make some seed with each of the fems I got for later too. Provided the pollen is viable still. There's a lot of conflicting info on how long you can keep pollen viable. I've adopted the techniques of a couple growers that seem to do well keeping pollen for a year or more, so we shall see if I can do it too! :)

That's it for now. I'll get visuals up when I can and promise to catch up on everyones world next week. I hope I'm not missing too much and all your grows are fruitful and uncomplicated! :)

Peace all!

:circle-of-love:

K

Not much new to report.

Runtlet still female :)

Decided yesterday to defoliate her once before she starts showing flowers.
Bassman59's post really inspired me. (that canopy! My GOD!!) Although I did it on day 24 of 12/12 instead of 21, I don't think I'll impede bud growth as there are merely a few whispy pistils flailing from the nodes as yet. :bitingnails:

Got my package from the post office!!

BONUS!!

Got an extra Chemdawg in the pack!!

So looks like the next journal will be featuring the Humbolt Chemdawg! :)

Gonna change things up a little though. Daddy's gonna build he'self a DWC bubbler and procure some BP Nutes, get a new meter and actually chronicle what I'm doing on paper! :geek: All scientific like!

I've gotten through this one by the seat of my pants. With the haphazard feeding schedules, multiple transplants and various other human errors along the way, I'm actually shocked that I've still got a chance to come out of the red and into the green on this grow! LOL! :)

Time to step up the game and curb my Gemini ways!

Awesome score on the extra chemdawg seed. I will be doing the same thing with my next grow which will allow me to see on paper what has been done , my plants have been fine but I think keeping track of it on paper is a way better idea. Still want to see what that thc bomb does for you.

Rawwwwwwr! Fluffy Woz Ere! :ciao:

PolarBearTrafficConeDuck.jpg

Okee Dokee there Peeps! :)

Korloin is back!

I hope to not be away so long again. Missed all you guys and gals!

Last few weeks have been fraught with change and many uncertainties. Been trying real hard to deal with it all and stay up top on everything. Runtlet's eventual harvest will go a long way in assisting during this transitional period of mine. :)

Enough of that though....

Have to take some pics yet, but I wanted to get something posted tonight.

Today is day 34 since I went to 12/12. Runtlet vegged for 1 week before the change and hit maturity about 2 weeks ago and is now making flowers. So I'm gonna go with day 16 of flower as a baseline from here.:blunt: I originally intended on just growing her without too much influence, but hey, this is Korloin we're talking about now! I change my mind @ 1000 x per hour on a good day! :) So that idea lasted, well, not very long let's say.

First thing I did was a lil LST and opened up all the undergrowth to the light. Then started the defoliation (which I'm still doing) with a bit of supercropping (which scared the crap out of me! But now I'm glad I did it) Wound up losing one top due to a poor splint job (as well as an improperly selected shoot to bend) on my part. But I think it'll all come out in the wash later. She looks a bit frail without any fans, but she's "strong like bull" really. Nothing I do phases her much. Just keeps on truckin'.

I am having some humidity issues though. Been hanging between 28 and 40 for most of the week, but has hovered @ 35 mostly the last day or so. I haven't been too concerned since she's in flower, but I know there are some potential issues that could manifest if it stays too low.

Came across some interesting new info at work yesterday that I'm surprised I hadn't heard anything about ever. (*disclosure* I've been employed at an integrated holistic/ naturopathic/ homeopathic/ allopathic pharmacy for the last 1-1/2 decades and am well versed in many different approaches to healing. I consider myself an open-minded skeptic in this regard as there are many snake oil salesmen out there. At the same time I've been really impressed by the results many of my patients have experienced using homeopathy over the years. It's not a placebo. There are even abstracts available on pubmed that confirm this.) Get ready folks, 'cause the K'ster is gonna throw something at you that may blow your mind and potentially make you completely re-access your views on horticulture. :)

AGROHOMEOPATHY

[video=youtube;1_KVLbLOZPU]
[/video]

Yesterday I made a homeopathic preparation of Silicea 6c. I brought this home and dissolved 4 pellets into a 16oz sprayer bottle of distilled water. When the pellets were dissolved, I succussed the remedy with 50 deliberate, but not too hard, strikes on the countertop and sprayed runtlet and all my outdoor plants that have come inside w/ the temp drop. Before I applied the remedy I had some mini-clawing and a tiny bit of tip burn on some of the leaves. Today, all clawing gone and leaf tips look normal! Over the next month we'll see if any significant impact was made by this application, but I am encouraged by the whole clawing thing!

Here is what Silicea is purported to remedie:

Siliceous earth. Silicea terra. Silex. Silicon
dioxide. SiO2. Trituration of pure precipitated
silica.

A). General

Silicic acid is a constituent of the cells of the connective
tissue. The epidermis forms the protective
sheath around the cambium where silica
gives strength to the long molecules of the fibre.
Sil. will cripple bark in healthy trees causing
death. The suppuration it can set up is sufficient
to destroy a plant or tree. Its indication in dieback
has been confirmed in practice with remarkable
results. A sapling with dieback, which had only
one quarter of the bark left, which was loose and
drying out, was given one dose of Sil. 6x and the
next day, the bark was reattached to the cambium,
and after one week, the top branches were
growing new shoots and leaves.
On sandy soils Silicea works wonders and in
spite of a harsh environment (or even thanks
to such circumstances) Silicea can make plants
thrive. It can be used in soils where all appears
normal, yet puny plants persist, and on any
plant at sowing time, or as protection against
mildew and mould, weak cells, exhaustion,
fruit setting, striking, transplanting, green
manure provision, all bark diseases and dieback.

B). Clinical

Dieback. Premature flowering, herbicide, germination
aid, general tonic, transplant shock,
soil remedy, weak straggly plants, puny growth,
bark and sheath diseases, chlorosis, aphids, bud
worm, citrus mite, dried fruit beetle. Weeds.

source - Homeopathy for Farm and Garden by Vaikunthanath das Kaviraj

(This dude has a fascinating bio btw. Hanging w/ Dylan and Ginsberg, taking on Monsanto....etc)

Pics to follow.

Hope everyone has been well! I'll be making more journal rounds tomorrow. Y'all have been some busy little beavers! :) Lot's to catch up on.

Korloin

Hey OG!!

Sorry I've been gone so long. Playing catch up today between chores. :)

<begin diatribe> Homeopathy can seem very esoteric and "fru fru" to those who consider materialism an absolute. In my experience, this method of healing works great on beings that don't think about it. In other words. animals and children almost always respond positively to the correct remedy. Adult humans who go in disbelieving the practice, generally will not benefit much, as they tend to defeat the energy at the outset. But the principle is very much akin to acupuntcture and TCM (traditional chinese medicine) where it's ultimately trying to help bring energies into balance and treat the cause of the imbalance, not just the symptoms that manifest from it. As allopathy tends to do. <end diatribe> :)

I'll put some pics up tonight. The Drizella's are VERY branchy. Excellent for scrog, although in the case of the runtlet, I didn't start training her soon enough for it I think. So I'll just be using LST and supercropping to try and keep an even canopy. I'm discovering that I can get my plants much closer to the light than I previously thought. With this knowledge, I believe I'll be able to get quite a bit more growth in veg on my next run and completely fill my scrog screen before I flip If I choose. I'm also gonna go hydro for the next one I think. Payday Wednesday, so I can get the last pieces to make my DWC tub then.

I've been toying with creating some mini hempy containers to germ and clone in, that will then be able to go directly into the bubbler when ready. I've done one so far, made out of a 16oz ointment tub. What I did was put a drain hole @ 1-1/2" from the bottom of the tub and cut the entire tub around the circumference @ 2" from the bottom. Then I took some plastic netting from a bag of oranges and taped that to the bottom of the upper part of the cut tub. Enough to rest on the bottom of the lower portion when they're put together. Then I put the 2 pieces together and taped the entire tub with black electrical tape. This way, when the plants are ready to transplant into the DWC tub, I just remove the bottom portion and pop the upper part into the lid of the bubbler. No changing medium out and hopefully no damage or shock to the root system!

This afternoon I'll be converting a six-sided end table into a lil' germ/ clone/ veg chamber. Not a lot of height inside (it's @ 12+ inches tall on the inside and equal horizontally from wall to wall), but enough to get a seedling a few inches tall provided my mini-hempy tubs work out. :)

We'll see.

I forgot to add last night that I tried pollenating a couple branches too! Figure there are around 4 weeks or so to go with flowering so I needed to get it rolling to have some mature seed at the end. I hope they take! It'd be great to have a decent supply of seeds to experiment with that aren't costing me $16 each!! ;) Pollenated one branch with Drizella pollen and one branch with the Kush pollen to give me more "pure" Drizella seeds and also a potentially interesting hybrid of the Kush and Drizella! The latter could wind up being one hell of a strain considering the genetics of the 2 breeds! I'm all a tizzy! :)

:peace:

K

Allrighty. I promised some pics, so here are some pics. :)

Here's the Runtlet all splayed out like Thanksgiving Dinner.

DSCF00824.JPG

DSCF00904.JPG

Main top on the right

DSCF00916.JPG

and up close

DSCF00925.JPG

And now!

Korloin's Adventures In SuperCropping!!

DSCF00936.JPG

DSCF01032.JPG

DSCF01062.JPG

DSCF01076.JPG

Getting her closer to the light -

DSCF01115.JPG

Ok, so I got this end table for free off CList.

DSCF01125.JPG

Repurposed Baby!

DSCF01145.JPG

DSCF01195.JPG

I'm gonna use it for rooting clones and germing seeds. :)

That's about it right now. She seems pretty perked up today! No adverse reaction to the silicea. And some of my NewberCropping wounds are healing quite nicely! After bending @ the 4th shoot I think I finally figured out how to NOT blow big holes in the stems. I think. :)

I'll get a pic of the prototype DIY mini-hempy/ netpot up tomorrow. I think it's gonna be pretty cool! :)

K

Very good that the work life has left you some of the other part of your life back. Looking forward to seeing how the Runtlett turns out, NICE JOB on the LST, I like that you take them down like i dow they go down and the stems that are up. Give them some time and bam they go down like a bondage queen again until I get the shape I want, but more importantly so they will fill my space and cover it so I dont waste light. Like the clone/ seedling chamber looks very stealth. Check my journal on the one LST that could have been bad but thankfully my GF brought me home some zip ties.

Korloins DIY Hempy/Netpot!
(inspired by GiGaBaNE)

In preparation for my next grow, I wanted to try and see if I could maybe take the concept of the hempy bucket and use it to root a clone or germ a seed (like I've seen on GiGa's journal) but then, when ready, be able to drop directly into the DWC tub I'll be putting together this week!

Here's where that idea's gone so far.

Materials:

16oz Ointment Tub
Produce Netting
Electrical tape

Prototype 1

DSCF01206.JPG

DSCF01216.JPG

DSCF01226.JPG

On this one I put the drainage hole @ 1-1/2" from the bottom and sliced the tub
around it circumference @ 2" from the bottom.

Then attached some produce netting from a bag of oranges to the bottom
of the upper part of the tub.

Then encased the entire unit in black electrical tape to both hold it together and help
prevent light from penetrating.

Kinda sloppy, but it is what it is. :)

The idea (if it's not obvious) is to be able to remove the bottom once the cuttings have rooted
and put the upper portion directly into the bubbler. Easy Peasy! :) (although I'm not sure if the netting will be strong enough ultimately)

Right now I'm germing a bagseed in a peat pot in prototype 1

Prototype 2

DSCF01234.JPG

DSCF01243.JPG

DSCF01255.JPG

DSCF01265.JPG

Upon reflection of the first one, I thought maybe I'd be holding too much water
for a cutting in the tub and made one with the drain hole closer to the bottom.it's @ 1/2" inch
from the bottom.
I also just netted the bottom on this one and tried cutting out the center of the lid with a razorblade. (just needs a lil' sanding)

I dropped a cutting of the runtiest of Runtlet's shoots into here.

All advice & criticisms welcome. :)

I may be missing something completely obvious here!

K

Got all my fixin's today for the bubbler. Decided to just grab everything at the hydro shop.

Air pump? Check!
1/4" tubing? Check!
Bucket lid w/ netpot? Check!
1/2" elbow fitting? Check!
1/2" tubing? Check!
:)

Got a few lil' 3" netpots just in case my hempy tubs fail.
Grabbed some rooting gel to replace my cheapo indole-3 butyric powder.
$20 bucks for everything? I can deal with that.
Got plenty of perlite for medium. and plenty of buckets to kick it with!

I LOVE browsing the hydro store! (my wife hates shopping with me as I nerd out on things far too long for her liking :))
They've got those new induction lights there. Too cool for school! If I had the money man......:ganjamon:
Lucky for me they were getting near closing as I would've nickle and dimed myself into poverty real quick! Lol!

Placed my Blue Planet Nutrients order. Could really only afford the 3part Elite line in quarts. But it should be enough to get
through the next grow. Wanted to grab some of that Dark Matter too, but they were out of stock. :( Was thinking of grabbing the VitaBlue as well, but money's tight.)

Peace,

Korloin

You will like the Blue Planet Nutes, just have an easy way to measure them, because they have to go into the water individually they cannot be combined first, like a little beaker and rinse in between, had great results from it myself, but went the other way from synthetics, trying to stay as organic as possible.

Yeah, I couldn't quite afford the BPN organic line just now.

The Elite 3part qts cost me $20 before shipping! Can barely find ONE nute at the Jydro shop for that money! :)

In most areas of my life, I like to keep things as close to nature as possible. But had to make a lil' compromise here.
Still plan on grabbing some mycos and some organicly sourced humic/ fulvic supps if I can for this.
So it'll be an organish grow. :rofl:

Thanks for popping in OG!!

You will like the Blue Planet Nutes, just have an easy way to measure them

:thumb:

Oh I got access to some easy measuring devices alright! :) Just have to rinse out some Chlorhexadine residue first maybe. LOL!

Yeah, I couldn't quite afford the BPN organic line just now.

The Elite 3part qts cost me $20 before shipping! Can barely find ONE nute at the Jydro shop for that money! :)

In most areas of my life, I like to keep things as close to nature as possible. But had to make a lil' compromise here.
Still plan on grabbing some mycos and some organicly sourced humic/ fulvic supps if I can for this.
So it'll be an organish grow. :rofl:

Thanks for popping in OG!!

I know this is worse than a golf or fishing habit with the prices on some of this stuff, its crazy

Blimey...now I realise how exhausting I am when I go off on an excited and fun filled ramble about all the things I have been up to :laugh: Adorable, and made my day my darling.

I got a bit lost in some of the technical bits I must admit, the lil dudes who run my brain cell really don't like going into the scientific section of the filing cabinets and library. It's all dark and scary with lots of cobwebs and spiders in there :yikes: :)

But I absolutely love how everything is coming together for you! I struggle to sustain energetic bursts for very long at the moment but its so much fun coming here and finding out what you and Giga and other DIY enthusiasts have gotten up to. Gives me ideas for when I have the energy to get round to doing something else with my set up (I'm toying with a DWC 2L DonPaul creation idea).

You're a very clever chap, you know that my darling? The LST looks fabulous and extremely well done. Supercropping...braver man than me. I'm panicking that I've taken too many leaves off, I don't think I am made of strong enough stuff to withstand the stress of supercropping. That's me withstanding the stress, not the plant withstanding it :blushsmile:

So lovely to see you back again ... hope we can catch up again soon. I can't wait to see more from the K'ster Clan & World of Wackiness. :love: :Namaste: :cheer: :high-five: :love:

Blimey...now I realise how exhausting I am when I go off on an excited and fun filled ramble about all the things I have been up to :laugh: Adorable, and made my day my darling.

I got a bit lost in some of the technical bits I must admit, the lil dudes who run my brain cell really don't like going into the scientific section of the filing cabinets and library. It's all dark and scary with lots of cobwebs and spiders in there :yikes: :)

But I absolutely love how everything is coming together for you! I struggle to sustain energetic bursts for very long at the moment but its so much fun coming here and finding out what you and Giga and other DIY enthusiasts have gotten up to. Gives me ideas for when I have the energy to get round to doing something else with my set up (I'm toying with a DWC 2L DonPaul creation idea).

You're a very clever chap, you know that my darling? The LST looks fabulous and extremely well done. Supercropping...braver man than me. I'm panicking that I've taken too many leaves off, I don't think I am made of strong enough stuff to withstand the stress of supercropping. That's me withstanding the stress, not the plant withstanding it :blushsmile:

So lovely to see you back again ... hope we can catch up again soon. I can't wait to see more from the K'ster Clan & World of Wackiness. :love: :Namaste: :cheer: :high-five: :love:

Thanks Fluff! Welcome Back Dearie!:kisstwo::woohoo::byebye:

Got a bit medieval on the Runtlet there, I know. :)

I was getting bored and desperate after everyone else had to go and nut-up on me.
Plus, I have the self-discipline of a 5 year old sometimes and there are SOOOOOO many interesting little techniques for improving this
and increasing that etc.... :thumb:

Too much time on my hands now that I've entered semi-retirement (from music, that is). It's the end of my 2nd week of NOT playing in a band!
Last time I experienced this, I was in my 20's. So I'm still in adjustment phase. Just hope I don't kill the lil' girl before I get all settled. :):rofl::laughtwo::slide:;)

Ok, I'm off to bed

:sleep:
Should be sleepin' Korloin

Thanks Fluff! Welcome Back Dearie!:kisstwo::woohoo::byebye:

Got a bit medieval on the Runtlet there, I know. :)

I was getting bored and desperate after everyone else had to go and nut-up on me.
Plus, I have the self-discipline of a 5 year old sometimes and there are SOOOOOO many interesting little techniques for improving this
and increasing that etc.... :thumb:

Too much time on my hands now that I've entered semi-retirement (from music, that is). It's the end of my 2nd week of NOT playing in a band!
Last time I experienced this, I was in my 20's. So I'm still in adjustment phase. Just hope I don't kill the lil' girl before I get all settled. :):rofl::laughtwo::slide:;)

Ok, I'm off to bed

:sleep:
Should be sleepin' Korloin

Yah know about that too much time on your hands thing, me I try not to go all out I try and keep it as simple as i can but love bending these plants to see what I can make of them and my space, with the new tent and my plants about 2 1/2 weeks or so from being done I am starting to focus on the next grow and changing things a little, but with it being winter and the tent in the garage may need some additional heat in there, we will see. Thankfully you put the runtlett bean into germ so you should have somse smoke soon.

Back
Top Bottom