First Time Grow - Jock Horror and CFL's

RollinBAC

Hello to all,
So, like it says in the title this is my first ever grow attempt. I am growing 3 Jock Horror from Nirvana in soil with 6 cfl's. I started with 4 seeds Jan.18th in a paper towel 3 sprouted about 24 hrs later 1 sadly did not make it:(. My grow space is not big 4'w x 36"d x 4'h(half a closet...the top half). This is a stealth grow so I am using a carbon filter also have Ona gel as back up. My temps are about 83F during lights on and drop to about 65F during lights off.
I am looking forward to this journal and any feedback from the great community here. If you have any questions and/or comments feel free to lay it out there and I'll do my best to answer.
Just want to throw this out there....East Coast!
010354.JPG

015210.JPG

013258.JPG

014239.JPG

018157.JPG

Re: First time grow. Jock Horror and cfl's

HempRocket, I do my best to keep the temps at 80 or below. This is difficult as I don't have an air-conditioner, not that I could fit one in there anyway. I have a fan blowing the air from the bottom of the closet to the top and it seems to be working. Will keep updated.
MadMardo, I do have nutes. GROTEK. Lady at my local hydro store hooked me up with some samples, 8.5 oz bottles. I figure they should be good for this first grow. When plants were veging I fed them light nutes of VitaMax, They seem to have enjoyed it. Now that they are in flower I will be switching to bloom nutes-BLOOM and Bloom fuel, I have others I will introduce later.
Thanks for the compliments, both of you.

The air intake is outside air via a drain for a hot water heater. The outake air is via a 25x4" carbon filter connected to 4" ducting which goes to a DIY setup with a 9" oscillating fan (obviously no longer oscillates) I bought a stapels for $20. All of that is blowing the air in between my walls. Now I don't really have a humidity problem, actually it doesn't even register on my temp gauge so I don't think I will have mold growing in-between my walls. As the plants mature that might become a problem.
The fan pulls quit a bit of air not sure it pulls enough tho. Might have to upgrade to a 4" vortek fan. I am still working out the kinks in the system. I have to do this on the cheap as I am layed off for the winter. The beauty of working at a golf coarse.

try to pick up a 4" inline fan. it will pull much more air. you can use the oscillating fan to try to push the air and use the inline to pull. That should work better. You can even pick up inline fans at Home DePot for about $15. You can even try other hardware stores. I mean a couple degrees above 80 is not a big deal but if the weather warms up and your grow room temp rises above 90, then you will have a problem.

Update
So plants are about 5 or 6 days into 12/12 and are looking pretty damn good. LST'd 2 and 3 on suggestion by HempRocket. 3 is growing really compact not sure why nothing done different with her(hopefully her). Not sure of sex yet so am patiently waiting for signs. Anyway pics:
002583.JPG

004522.JPG

008403.JPG

013260.JPG

005490.JPG

007429.JPG

Another update. 2/18 will be 2 weeks into 12/12 and still waiting for sex. The plants are doing pretty well. My lights on temp is about 78. Putting a fan in the bottom of the closet to blow air up as dropped temps 5 degrees, awesome:)
Getting pretty anxious for these things to show sex, should be pretty soon, no? Plants also are just starting to get that smell of awesomeness. Hopefully the carbon filter will take care of that tho. Also have Ona gel as backup so I should be alright. Anyway, to the pics.
003557.JPG

005498.JPG

008410.JPG

006436.JPG

009371.JPG

004529.JPG

007436.JPG

010360.JPG

As usual any comments or suggestions are more then welcome.

Update
So out of the 3 plants I had going, 2 are female. We are at 18 days flower. They are consuming about 1 liter of water every other day..or so and they are looking pretty good. I did have a gnat problem and I think they were in with the male plant. I had used old soil I had out in the shed for it, hopefully because that pot is no longer in my space the gnat problem is over, but we'll see i guess.
I am curious as to the plants progress at this point if someone can give me an idea. Anyway...pics
005499.JPG

004531.JPG

003560.JPG

002595.JPG

001550.JPG

Update.
Plants are doing OK. I have to say I could grow for a living. Just something about this that is satisfying and therapeutic. Anyway, the lst'd plant... we'll call her Becky is doing great, no real problems to report and I count 9 major bud sites all of which are doing good.
My un lst'd plant..we'll call her Karen, is a different story. She has some yellowing on her fan leaves and any suggestions as to what it might be and possible cures, is greatly appreciated. The yellowing started about a week ago and is slowely getting worse, it's not horrible..yet, but I would like to fix it before it spreads anymore. Most of Karens bud sites are tight to the stem and are progressing pretty good, not as good as becky tho, but that OK, like I said before if I can can get these plants to harvest I will consider that a victory.
Anyway on to the pics.
002602.JPG

003568.JPG

004538.JPG

008416.JPG

You can see some of the yellowing here.
010363.JPG

As per usual any comments or suggestions, gladly welcome.

Hi RollinBAC

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom