First time grow!

Outd00rsman

Hey guys I am a first time grower and I've just ordered a 420scope of the net..
But It won't get here for like another week and I'm getting worried 1-2 of my plants might
Be getting a little to far past harvest??

I'll take some photo's in a minute and put up.. Not really sure on what one looks like in person
Spent probably 10-15 hrs over the last month reading and watching as many videos as I can to try
Learn everything I can..

Any help would be much appreciated!

I understand you may be past Harvest..Make sure you leave enough time(approx 2weeks)to flush plants(especially the ones your worried about)with just water,no fertilizer before harvest..You probably knew that but just in case..Good luck Brother.

You can get that flush time down to 3 days (supposedly but I usually do it longer) with a product like Clearex. If you don't have that, I noticed a thread on DIY Clearex in this forum -if you search those terms you should find it

I haven't fertilised for prolly 5 weeks and only fertilised
Once during the whole grow as I live on a farm I have really good
Soil and a natural spring only like 100m from the grow patch with a plumbed water
Line I put in for my water.

Will I still need to flush? Was thinking when I pull the plants out and fill a bucket of water up
And sit the whole root system in it for a day or 2?

image21179.jpg

I don't think that you will need to flush. Was it organic fertilizer? Slow or regular release?

Flushing is mainly for heavily chemically enriched plants.

What makes you think they're past harvest? How long have they been flowering? What color are the pistils?

well just going back through my phone now actually found a photo from the 22nd of January and it looks like it may have been the
first sign of buds (Very small) which would put me arround 7 weeks of flowering?
I know the photos I put up are probably not much help but I took them today..

My fert was home made, made from some trout and yabbies out of the creek.. killed mulched and fermented in water then poured around the plant.. (Plant maybe grew 2 ft in 1 week) then never put anything else after that. just water.

Oh yeah, it does say outdoors in your name. You can't flush that monster and shouldn't have to growing outdoors anyway. Has a ways to go and that gives you time if you want to get the microscope and look at the trichomes if you want to know for sure when it's ready. Nice plant!

So it will actually turn out looking like big pine cone buds on it and stuff like everyone's indoor grows??
Thank you so much for the help I was so close to pulling the first one out yesterday I've got 7 all 6ft tall 2 at the
Stage of those pictures and then 2 probably about 3-4 weeks behind and then 3 that are maybe just the first week of flower now.

I suspect the buds won't get as large as the indoor ones you see and it's presumably a sativa so the buds will be fluffier and maybe weigh less but it might be nice smoke. And there will be Lots of it.

Hard to see the different plants in that pic so a new pic would be good. 1lb is being quite optimistic. You'll lose up to 70% of the weight in the drying process.

I'm almost finished my first grow, with several plants already harvested, and have learned that my initial estimates were way over.

Yeh ok thought it might be like that..one plant has maybe 8-9 large stems as thick as my arm and as long my arm just matting into 1 big bud. I'm sure once I trim back even further it won't be as thick but it's fairly trimmed at the moment and looking solid.

Back
Top Bottom