First Time Grower - 3 White Widow Indoors - Help Needed Please

I have started them in plain old Jiffy Pellets, they are currently still seedlings and all 3 are sat in expanded clay balls, I am toying with using either a mix of Perlite/Vermiculite or Coco Coir - thats actually what I am up to today - I will read up on a few grow journals here and then see what available in my local garden centre ! This place is great for research, I might even do a bit of an experiment myself, see which works the best. The nutrients I use are very weak, just a little bit of help for the girls.

I don't understand the fascination with coco, soil is just so much easier. And if you use a good organic soil, you will barley have to use any nutes because it's already there.

It seems to be a medium getting good results. It really helps the oxygenation of the roots because of its structure. Its excellent in hot climates as it holds water really well, especially when mixed 70/30 with expanded clay balls. Although its really cold and wet where I am at the minute, in a couple of weeks the temperature will be well over 30°c daily, so having a medium that doesn't dry out too fast is a must, especially if you can't get to the plants daily. Ideally I would grow outside, but that has its own issues - mainly legal and I don't want my kids knowing what I am doing either as a slipped word at school could be disastrous.

That depends entirely on the strain and its genetics. Some plants are small dense bushes, others are long tall plants. Even plants of the same strain can differ as they have phenotypes from their respective parents. This means that unless they are a pure strain (usually referred to as a 'Landrace' strain, they are the original strains that are used to breed with other strains to get the preferred genetics) they can show a bit more of one strain than another. You will see the plant grow a good bit taller and bushier in flower. They won't be 3m tall indoors (usually !) but a plant can easily reach 1.5m if its well fed and has tall genetics. Think of it like a family with tall Mum and Dad, Dad has blonde hair and Mum has dark hair, Dad is a big bloke, Mum is very thin. They have 4 kids, 2 are tall, thin with dark hair (Mums genetics are obviously the strongest) 1 kid is tall and well built with blonde hair Dads genetics are obviously the most prevalent), the last kid is not as tall, has blonde hair and is thin. The last kid has a mix of both genetics, but he has a smaller Grandparent so a 'throwback' gene has popped up. Thats how it works (maybe not the best explanation !) Have a look at the website of the seed company you got your seeds from and see what they say about height. They stabilise their plants so they have the best genetics, so they will say what height you can expect.

How tall are your plants when you flip them over to Flower?

Is there a target u aim for or time based? If so, what?

The longer you veg the bigger your plant will be and the more yields you will get. But it all depends on your grow space and how tall you can allow your plant. A good rule of thumb is 45-55 day minimum veg time. Sativas are generally a lot taller then indicas. Just remember a plant will double in size in flower. Sometimes more.

Ok, here is what I have learned bro, the idea is to force your plants to push through a screen, be it net, chicken wire or a similar 1" square shape (or bigger will do) to produce a SCReenOfGreen , hence SCROG. The idea is it makes the plant work harder and that makes a more spread out and healthier plant. That means more buds. There are better more in depth answers on here if you have a look through some grow journals.

Back
Top Bottom