First time grower needing help

Stretch1970

Hello everyone, I am a first time grower needing help. I have been reading posts on 420 for sometime and have used all the information my head has managed to digest and have resolved several issues successfully so many thanks to all the people who have posted this information. However I have come to a crossroads and have no idea which route to take any help would be very much appreciated.

My setup is as follows.

Grow room size - 8' - long x 7' - high x 4' - deep.
Lighting - 2 x 400w metal halide
Cooling - 3 x systemair 125e2-a1 6" ducting each run 1 x 90% bend and 6' in length.
Air circulation - 1 x 16" fan.
Passive air intakes - 2 x 8".
Light schedule - 16/8.
Temps - lights off 74, lights on 86/90 (depending on weather)
.....I know this temp is high but nothing I can do in the immediate future :-(
Plant stage - Veg.
Time in veg - 28 days.
Medium - 100% coco professional.
Pot size - 5 gallon fabric.
Nutrients - Dutch pro a and b
Water schedule - 3 day rotating.
Day 1 tap water ph'd down to 5.8 - 2 ltrs
Day 2 tap water ph'd down to 6.0 - 1 ltrs
Day 3 tap water plus 33% recommended nutes ph is between 5.5 - 6.0 - 2 ltrs.

I had an issue with crow claws and those leaves mainly the tips turning dark green so stopped feeding the nutes and allowed the medium to dry out a little so missed out one of the scheduled watering and resumed just watering with ph'd tap water.
I did this for four days, I noticed yesterday the leaf problem you fcajn see in my pictures. This is mainly on one of my babies but another two have a couple of leaves with the same issue.

DSC_004433.JPG

DSC_003836.JPG

DSC_003732.JPG

DSC_003637.JPG

DSC_002054.JPG

DSC_001462.JPG

DSC_001079.JPG

DSC_000879.JPG

Re: First time grower needing help.

Hi, im getting a similar look to my plants but im 5 weeks into flower and they are dark green, i think its too much nitrogen, its my second grow and iv been using calmag with my nutes, iv only just learnt nbot to use this during flower due to too much nitrogen.does anyone have any advice on how to get them back o n track and if this will effect my yield much? thanks

Re: First time grower needing help.

Cj22bravo, I have read about GLR but did not want to swap from 16/8 to it as everything although high temp seemed to be going OK. I have lamps 2 1/2 feet away from top of plants and getting no signs of heat stress. It's the leaves that are really curling and dry that are really bothering me. I am looking into CFL'S but again that is a future investment.

The plants will take a little high heat if there is a breeze in the grow area. If you have no fan or fans blowing gently and not directly on the plants. They will be ok. I like a little higher Ph than 5.5 low 6's works for me.

Hmm, well the clones could have been taken in flowering, and are still just trying to adapt back to vegetative growth. Lets see if I can dig up a picture of mine..

7_31_15_9_.jpg

As you can see, there are mostly single-blade leaves and there are some of the twisted ones in there too, you just can't see them. This was after growing for ~4-5 weeks, and they started growing normal growth after another week or so.

I cut off the twisted leaves, as they were kind of in the way, but it doesn't really matter. Your plants look pretty healthy, and that's what matters until they get through this little funk. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but they may need a bit more nitrogen? They look a little pale.

I had an issue with crow claws on the three plants that now have the twisting leaves so stopped feeding them and watered with tap water ph'd so it is very possible they are lacking nitrogen. They have been in veg for four weeks and are about 16" tall and roots coming out bottom of pots, they are raised so they don't sit in the water. I will slowly introduce food back into the watering schedule. Keep my fingers crossed. Thank you for you advice and help it is very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom