First Journal - Second Grow - 4 Homeless Cheese Clones

Stretch1970

Hello to one and all,

I would like to introduce myself.

I am a total beginner to the world of growing and currently have about 6 weeks experience, and what an experience it has been a roller coaster of emotions that I never expected and I am sure it will continue to be the same for many years to come.

I have spent months browsing the forums as a guest before I even started my first grow (still ongoing) trying to learn as much as I could as quick as I could, if I am honest I have forgotten more than I remember. I foolishly thought there cannot be that much to it how wrong was I.

I joined because I needed help with a few issues and the response has been fantastic, I would like to thank two people in particular at this present time for the time and support they have given me - Graytail and Oldmeduser they have guided me in the right direction and given me a few less sleepless nights.

My first grow is in early stage of flower and going OK.

I was asked the other day by my friend if I wanted his old setup and 4 Cheese Clones I first off said no thank you, the thought of running two side by side filled me with fear, but after the support I have received and reading several journals I decided to accept his kind offer and start this journal so I can share my roller coaster ride with the world - my mom always told me it was good to share.

Well that is me and where I find myself in the world of growing.

I pick the things up later, so let the fun begin.

I will update later with grow details when I know exactly what I have.

I hope I don't disappoint in the days, weeks and months to come.

Well not long got back from picking stuff up and rushed like a idiot setting the tent up the get them in and under some light, just a couple of CFL'S until I get more time to sort things out.

The first picture of them in an old strawberry punnet.

DSC_018025.JPG

Will update again tomorrow, I should have decided what the setup will be by then.

Sorry for the delay in updating journal, I have been reading and re-reading posts before I decided the path to take with this grow but have come to a decision.

The setup I am going with :

Strain - Cheese - rest is unknown

Grow -Indoor

Grow size - 4 x 4

Plant number - 4

Medium - Coco professional / Perlite - 60 / 40

Pot size - 1 Gal / 3 Gal / 5 Gal

Lights - CFL'S (early veg), MH 1x400w(Veg), HPS 1x600w (flower)

Air flow / Cooling - 1 x in-line fan 6 inch exhaust, passive air intake 6 inch

Nutes - Dutch Pro

--------------- I have moved them from their temporary home to a 1 Gal plastic pot this will be their home until I see signs of roots from holes in bottom they will then be moved to 3 Gal plastic pots until the roots show from bottom again, I will then move for the last time in to 5 Gal root pouches.

I mixed the medium a couple of days ago, before mixing I rinsed the coco until it ran virtually clear, I then squeezed all the excess water from it and mixed in the Perlite once mixed I soaked it with 20ltr of tap water with added calmag ph'd to 5.8 and it had been sitting roughly 72 hours until this morning when I moved them into 1 Gal pots.

Lighting - I have had them under 24 /0 CFL'S since Monday and wanted to continue this for another week or so until they start to grow to quickly, I will then switch to Metal halide 1x400w 16 / 8 for the rest of the veg.

I will flower them under HPS 1x600w

I will add to this in the next day or two with some pics.

If anyone thinks there is anything I have missed or want to know just ask.

Thanks for reading.

I just joined today, still tryn to figure this thing out, Lol. My pics not coming up. O well. I'll have to show u my lil girls sometime. 1 Sweet Dreams, 3 Papya, 1 NL Auto, in 8th week of flower. And 1 Super Skunk, 3 Wonder Woman and 5 bagseed babies all in 9th week of Flower. Lord knows this is not a perfect grow. But I've learned so much along the way and still looking to get more learn more from you. So let's go, I'm ready for the ride.-This has-also taught me a great deal in patience!

Looks like you got things under control Stretch. I will pull up my lazy-boy and watch your grow. Thanks for the journal. Subbed

I just joined today, still tryn to figure this thing out, Lol. My pics not coming up. O well. I'll have to show u my lil girls sometime. 1 Sweet Dreams, 3 Papya, 1 NL Auto, in 8th week of flower. And 1 Super Skunk, 3 Wonder Woman and 5 bagseed babies all in 9th week of Flower. Lord knows this is not a perfect grow. But I've learned so much along the way and still looking to get more learn more from you. So let's go, I'm ready for the ride.-This has-also taught me a great deal in patience!

Hey Uma, check out this How To Guide for your pic problems: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos.

Big Papaya fan....

Hi Mtn Dew, let's hope I don't disappoint and you end up falling asleep in your lazy boy.

Uma just a thought I only use my phone for all of this and read all the information on posting pictures but struggled to find what I needed until I clicked the desktop button on the bottom other page, the fog cleared and it all made sense. Looking forward to seeing you ladies.

Hi Mtn Dew, let's hope I don't disappoint and you end up falling asleep in your lazy boy.

Uma just a thought I only use my phone for all of this and read all the information on posting pictures but struggled to find what I needed until I clicked the desktop button on the bottom other page, the fog cleared and it all made sense. Looking forward to seeing you ladies.
Its all good Stretch, old military vet that sleeps with one eye open. If I start to snore just fire one up.....

Finally got time to update, will try not to take so long next time.

My ladies are not looking the happiest over the last few days.

They still under 24/0 CFL'S some signs of new growth so I suppose that's a good sign.

A few pics of them yesterday.

20150909_102915.JPG

20150909_102846.JPG

20150909_102814.JPG

20150909_102729.JPG

Uma, did you manage to sort out your picture posting.?

I knew they were not happy, a few of the leaves turning a bit yellowish and the tips look burnt.

They have had no nutes and been under CFL'S so not heat. All I can think is my coco / perlite ph is off.

DSC_025016.JPG

DSC_024817.JPG

DSC_024711.JPG

DSC_024511.JPG

They are in 1 Gal pots so decided to flush them ph'd tap water to 5.8 and they all got 5 Gal ran through, took ph of water after first gallon and was at 7.8 and after last gallon ph was 6.4.

Does that last ph seem ok been trying to find out but no luck yet.

hi stretch glad to have u hear nice work on starting a journal i got here by following u from a post in faq anyway i can prob help u with scrogging its fairly easy and u can diy the crap out of it lol check out my journal

sub plus rep happy grow day

Back
Top Bottom