Newbie's Second Grow Journal - Clones

UltraNewb

My first grow is still in progress and am 2 weeks into flower.. I took some clones before flowering so this journal is all about those.. Since my tent is occupied already, I converted a closet to a veg room using a EnviroGro T5 light with 6 tubes.

Strains:

1 x Skywalker
3 x Jack Here
5 x White Russian

Will be using Fox Farms nutes for this grow as well. I want these to be fully harvested and cured by the time I leave first week of Feb for my cruise (providing of course the world doesn't actually end on 12/20!) so will only be a month or so in veg before hitting the 12/12 cycle. Just when my other grow is finished, these will take over the lease on the tent.. :)

This is my very first attempt at cloning and so far I got 9 out of 10 clones to root! The one that dies was because I broke the stem when inserting into the plug..

This is the light I will be using:
IMG_025017.JPG

I needed a better way of hanging the light rather than poke holes into the drywall ceiling so I made this:
IMG_026624.JPG

IMG_026521.JPG

IMG_026428.JPG

IMG_026323.JPG

IMG_026224.JPG

I then lined the walls with reflective mylar and put my babies to bed under 18/6 light
IMG_026724.JPG

IMG_027116.JPG

Thanks! If all goes well, I might get 2 of the 8 tube models for my tent on my third grow.. I have 2 600w MH's in there now (will be switching to HPS in a couple days) which drove my electric bill way up!! about $100 a month.. yikes! They also make flowering T5 tubes, I wonder how those do?

Here are some updated pictures.. The first one was taken 3 days ago, sorry, forgot to post it.. the second was taken this morning. I have 2 clones that didn't make it, one Jack Herer and one White Russian.. Temp is holding at a steady 78F and 50% RH

I topped them all last night and will be my only topping of these girls. I'm going to start them on 12/12 once they reach a month old or 12" tall as I need the harvest and cure to be completed before the 1st of Feb when I leave for a trip. I plan to use the T5 light all the way till the end to see how it does instead of putting them in my tent with the 600w HPS's.

3 days ago:
DSC0003915.JPG

Taken this morning:
DSC0004814.JPG

Here are some updated pictures.. lots of grow in just 7 days! The plant on the left you can see parts of is a G13 Auto Blueberry I CS'd to get fem seeds, didn't want her pollinating my tent so tucked her in with these ladies..

DSC000828.JPG

DSC000848.JPG

DSC000857.JPG

DSC000868.JPG

DSC000878.JPG

DSC000889.JPG

DSC000898.JPG

DSC000908.JPG

DSC000836.JPG

Ladies are doing awesome, damn near doubled in size in the last 5 days! I will let them veg till the end of the month then switch to 12/12. My other grow, I went a full 2 months and started flower when they were 24" tall.. Big mistake! They are now 5 ft and 6ft tall in my tent. getting a little out of control and still have 4 to 5 weeks left of flowering..

I bought an 8 pack of Bloom Spectrum T5 bulbs from HTG Supply.. I want to do this grow all CFL in my closet.. Mostly due to the fact the tent won't be freed up in time for these ladies.. Once it is, I'll move them in but replace the 600W lights with the CFL.

Here is a current picture of my 9 ladies.. I am thinking of doing a little experiment with lighting.. They are about 8 to 12 inches tall now, I'm going to swap out 3 of the T5 bulbs with the Bloom Spectrum I bought from HTG Supply and veg with that for another week and then switch to 12/12 for a week and then swap out the remaining 3 with the bloom spectrum bulbs..

Anyone have any ideas on this plan?

DSC001204.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom