My First Grow & Journal

Zenseeker

20170308_192144.jpg

Hi all!! First time grower from MA. I've kept track of what I have done as far as growing, and now that I've figured out how to post :high-five: I'm ready to share what I have managed to do.

I am growing organic. Started with a cardboard box, had to expand that box (upwards), and I've begun to build a cabinet for my growing. I am growing CKPK. I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and organic nutes. I made some mistakes (who doesn't), but I am quite surprised with my results to this point. I am going to post a few pictures now. I have pictures, and information to share from day 1 till now.

I am using an LED light. I have an intake, and exhaust fan; the intake fan is external, while the exhaust is internal. I've been running 18/6, next week, I will switch to 12/12. I started from at the end of February. I am also rooting a clone from my plant at the moment. I'll add a few more pics here, then start my journal.

re: My First Grow & Journal

Very nice looking plant. What kind is it? --CKPK ? --I'm not familiar with that acronym. Best wishes, you're off to a great start!

Removing leaves with a purpose isn't frowned upon. Although I say it's an art and a habit. Don't get addicted to cutting your baby to much and she will thank you for the trim.

Also I would say be careful if this is your first grow. I would leave out too many advanced training methods until you are positive you can make it to harvest. If something goes wrong with your plant and you have been doing lots of different things to it , it makes it all the worse to diagnose the problem.

Thank you. I have made some of those mistakes. I tried fimming, didn't work so well. It's part of my journal, so I don't want to post it yet. Trimming some of the lower fan leaves, and one longer side stem (result from the fim) just made sense to me.

First off, this journal is organic only, and is being written after I began my grow. Being a newbie, I made sure I documented what I did, this way if I did something wrong, I'd be able to change it on the next grow. At the same time, I didn't expect it to go as well as it has to this point. Since it is going far better than I expected, I felt the need to share my experience with everyone.
I've posted some pictures to show where I am at, but my journal , is going to start from seed. I wanted people to be comfortable, and to see, that it has worked, so far anyways.
I did a lot of research prior to attempting this. As I started with a fem seed, and it's personal use, I decided to start with one plant. Should it not work, I can learn from the errors, and be able to start over.
Having grown other plants/vegetables before, I felt extremely comfortable with going organic. I'm guessing I have a green thumb, as I encountered very few problems. I am also growing in a state where recreational use is legal, and I have no space consaints. That being said. I still wanted to go "steath", just to have control of the environment.

[
Like our bodies, we are what we eat. Proper nutrition, light, and water, are critical to the plant. I also wanted control over my nutrients, so Fox Farms soil was a no brainer for me. I picked Ocean Forest, as opposed to Frog. It was my peraonal preference, I don't know if one is better than the other.
After researching lighting, I decided to go with an LED light. I bought a 45w one, relatively cheap. Red/blue only, and it has no fan. Low power use, and plenty of light for one plant.
I bought a small computer fan (pic), that has a speed switch, and is AC powered, as an exhuast, and a standing fan, for inside the box. There wasn't enough room inside the box, so I had to purchase a blower fan.
Mold became a concern for me; growing in a cardboard box, mold could easily grow inside it. I could have painted it, but being such a small area, I knew it wasn't the best solution. Aluminum foil seemed to much like "it sort of works", so I opted out of that, and I got a roll of reflective wrap (pictures)
I bought a louver vent (picture) for the intake. Since the plant needs are movement, it made sense to me, to use a long vent, as opposed to a small opening at the bottom, allowing for more movement for the plant.
41lSardKeML_SY400_.jpg
513sc_n_pkL_SY400_.jpg
51itUCDHI0L_SY400_.jpg
31xB3wkDkEL_SY400_.jpg
736223133620lg.jpg
41XBPdR3RiL_SY400_.jpg

Re: My First Grow & Journal

Your doing great man. With fiming you need to be careful to get just the right spot so you get the four. My fim went wrong and as a result one of the two tops that came up from my miss cut actually topped it self again about two nodes later. I say two nodes but it looked more like one node separated by an 1/8 inch stem. Right leaf actually grew under the left leaf . Then the left leaf seem to disconnect from the center and two new tops started. Great for photos, not for autos :( that top is still behind the others and is actually showing signs of a def of cal-mag when the rest of the plant is fine. The others are starting to flower while this one only has a few hairs and is still trying to develop buds. Idk what is gonna happen. But it's just to show how important it is to make sure you hit that cut. Otherwise top normally. Then just top everything again. You can turn 8 into 16 in two toppings. Fiming isn't worth it to me. I would rather the consistency of a normal top. Just my opinion. And it you want some killer lights (top of the line) for a fraction of the price look into diy cob systems. So easy now and cheap. I converted my old led into a cob for 47$. I was gonna throw it away but was glad I didn't. Even a single 49watt cob will outrun just about all blurple lights and trust me it's worth it. Plus you'll be able to fix your light in a few mins if something happens.

Thanks much. Actually my LED light cost me 30 usd. My plant was growing so well, All I did was butcher some fan leaves. Later I realized There were three nodes there. The nodes on this plant were extremely close (a good thing). I have not topped it, I don't think I will. I'll post a few pics of it now.

She was supposed to die lol. But now it's turned into a weird little experiment to see just how tuff they are. And I'm surprised. This auto by the old standards should have been dead 11 times. She's just 4 1/2 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom