First Time Grower - Day 35V - Running Into First Issue - Affecting New Growth

Sly42O

First time grower/poster, so any help is greatly appreciated. I got home a bit ago from work and checked on my girls. Well looks like something may have started to affect them. I recently transplanted them into 3 gal smart pots. I'm using FFOF with about 3-4tbs of dolomite like mixed into each pot. I'm using 2 300W Mars Hydro LEDs for my light running 24/0. Ph of my water (distilled) is usually around 6.8 and runoff seems to come out between 6.2-6.4. I did feed my plants nutes (FF grow big and big bloom) 3 times, each time at 1/2 strength before I transplanted and watered with plain water in between each feeding. Since I transplanted about 4 days ago, no nutes have been used. This issue seems to only be affecting the new growth in two of my plants (white widow and THC bomb), but I'm not sure what it could be. I don't think it's a ph issue or nute burn since only my new growth showing signs. Any experienced growers have any ideas?

0JmCOzw.jpg

KM8T1DX.jpg

MGpFQws.jpg

RQFprkd.jpg

T7fSqsh.jpg

VGyrxjZ.jpg

hSsy7JQ.jpg

tm9jgyJ.jpg

zWdllY6.jpg

This is a total guess for you but thats all youll be getting as long as you have no pictures. But it could be the amount of LED's that youre using! I use LED's as well but youve got to understand they are pretty much like lasers and they will penetrate deep into the plant. With you having 2 300w going on just 2 plants that seems like a whole lot of LED's for sure. Each one of those LED's that you have there are big enough for at least a 4x4 area during veg, its less with flowering. So without looking at pics id say its way too much light, and YES you really can harm plants with too much light esp it the light source is from LED's!

Also how far are your lights from the plants? Thats another huge mistake I see all the time with growers who dont know much about LED's however have deep pockets to afford the LED's. I'm not saying thats you at all but it does happen often with growers new to using LED's. Good luck with your plants and let me know about the distance youre using those lights to the plants, take care!

Hey one more thing for you as well in regard to your lights. Id def move them over to a 18/6 cycle as its well enough into veg for you to switch them over. Once again this makes me think your issues are dealing with too much light, however, as stated with no pictures its a wild guess. But I'm thinking my guess isn't as wild as it normally would be with no pictures based off what info you have provided, take care!

Jimmy, thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually growing 3 plants all together in a. 2.5x2.5x5.5, but only two are showing signs of issues, so not sure if light intensity would be the issue. My LEDs are about 1 1/2 feet above my canopy at the moment. Do you know how I can post pics? I know that would make things much easier, but I don't see an option to upload any.

Sly,

After reading what you just posted about your lights and the distance you have them, Im with you in thinking your lights aren't the problem. Also, I know theres a section in help or somewhere at the top of the main page of this site where it tells you how to post pics. I always see people asking about posting and someone will always come on and tell them where it is, lol. I've never posted pics in here so I never paid attention to where they said to go for the info, haha I know that doesn't help you but I know someone will chime in with that info for you. I know they have always said something about the help area or something at the top, theres a tab for it or something like that.

Anyhow, I subbed to your thread just so a i could see pics of what you're talking about. Also in the past with problems I've had with my plants, they have all worked themselves out pretty much on their own. I'm sure yours will be the same way as well! Good luck with everything and if I run across the info about how to post pics ill get that info on to you! Hey one more thing about your grow. When are you going to switch to a 18/6 on your lights? Not like that has anything to do with your issue I was just wondering why you hadn't switched them over yet. Good luck and I'll be following this one like I said as id like to see the pics, take care.

Ok, I got the pictures working, I just had to get on my computer instead of using my phone.

This first set of pictures is of my THC Bomb, not looking terrible, but you can see the new growth has brown spots and looks very light.
IMG_48715.JPG
IMG_48667.JPG
IMG_48692.JPG
IMG_48645.JPG
IMG_48632.JPG
IMG_48625.JPG

Second set is my White Widow. This one seems to be affected even more so than my THC bomb.
IMG_48655.JPG
IMG_48744.JPG
IMG_48726.JPG
image577.jpeg

My third plant is a Sour Turbo Diesel and it seems to be doing just fine. I hope they sort themselves out as I haven't had any issues up until this point.

As for my light cycle, after a lot of reading, it seems that 24/0 was just best since it seems cannabis plants do not need a dark period. The more light, the more growth in my mind. I've browsed through a lot of forums and Reddit, along with the Cannabis Grow Bible, and a lot of people seem to agree that 24/0 is great for the plants. Electricity isn't an issue for me and the LEDs are cool enough to where I don't run into any heat issues, so I don't mind having them on 24/0. I plan on letting them Veg for at least another 2-3 weeks before switching to flower, but I really wanna sort this issue out soon so I can start feeding them some nutes to help grow big buds :thumb:

Hey, I'm glad you figured out how to post the pics! You beat me to it but as soon as I was done posting on yours I went to look it up for you! I found the info for you but it doesn't look like you need it anymore, LOL. Anyhow, go to this website, thenug.com.
You'll be able to DX your issues right there, good luck and let us know how it goes, take care!

So I think you may have been right about the light intensity. After reading a few more articles/threads, it seems light intensity can cause nute burn like symptoms, especially in the canopy and new growth. I do have 2 300w Mars hydro LEDs that were a bit closer than I thought. I kinda eye balled it and thought they were 1 1/2 ft above the canopy. Turns out they were only about a foot away. Since my lights were also on 24/0, I think it was just too much light for my plants to handle, especially the new growth. Based on this article on grow weed easy, the more light, the more nutrients the plant is gonna absorb. I think the tops were getting too much light thus taking in too many nutrients which caused the nute burn in the new growth of my plants. I just set up my timer to switch my light cycle to 18/6 and raised it to a full foot and a half. I'll keep an eye out on my plants the next few days and hopes this fixes my problem.

https://www.------------.com/7-step-remedy

Sly420,

Good to hear you checked your lights with the distance. Those LED's you have are named brand ones so you know or at least you think you know the lights are going to be the potent ones they are suppose to be. I'm also really glad you switched your light cycle as well. I'm still following you and will continue to as well. So keep us all up to date and I hope you have a good day, take care!

Will do, thanks for your help buddy, I didn't think you could give too much light lol. It definitely seems it was a light intensity issue. After raising my lights, my leaves seem so much perkier and are reaching for the light!
Here's an update:

image649.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom