First time grower from a third world country

Agha

Hello everyone I am a first time grower and trying to accumulate all the knowledge regarding growing cannabis via internet as there are not many resources available to grow cannabis in my country. I managed to get two led full spectrum grow lights 1000 watt and 300 watt. I have added an air conditioning unit, humidifier, exhaust system and lined the room with mylar sheets for light reflection. Using timer switches for light and temp control. Please guide me on how to have a successful grow with limited resources. I will be trying to grow with seeds from the strain called gorilla glue#4 and purple haze auto. The nutrients I have are general hydroponics flora bloom grow and micro and also cal mag. Please suggest what medium to grow in and what feeding cycle to follow. I am from pakistan so the amount of help here is limited so please help a brother out in succeeding to grow.

Tell us a little about where you will grow, size, ventilation, power etc. I'd like to know the manufacturer and model for your lights, so I can look them up. The wattage rating for LEDs is usually misleading. That 1000W light probably draws no more than 200W from the wall.

All my previous grows were using General Hydroponics' Flora Trio an Supplements. I used 70% coco coir / 30% perlite as my medium. My plants were started in 10cm / 4" nursery pots, and transplanted into 11l / 3.8 US gal DIY grow bags.

Here is my schedule for my last grow:

full

General Hydroponics Feed Schedule 35% of Label Strength

Leave out what you don't have, but get the KoolBloom, both liquid and dry before you switch them to flower.

Thank you so much. My setup is 8×4 I am using an exhaust fan for ventilation the lights I am using are from a company called kingbo. It's a Chinese company and it says a 1000 watt on one and 300 watt on the other. I am using a split air conditioning unit to keep it cool in the summers and a small fan heater to keep the temperature warm. I have installed a 12 inch fan on the wall for wind distribution. I am a total newbie dont know what else might be required. I have the flora trio nutrients and cal mag but it will be very difficult to get anything else here. Please guide what medium to use for growing and how often do I feed the plant in coco and perlite mixture.

Also should I switch to hps lights or would these lights be adequate to grow about 5 to 8 plants .

Depends on your lights, what model are they and how many watts from the wall do they pull.

Given decent quality on those lights you might cover a 4x4 foot corner of the room.

Switching to HPS, be prepared to pay the electric bill.

Tell us a little about where you will grow, size, ventilation, power etc. I'd like to know the manufacturer and model for your lights, so I can look them up. The wattage rating for LEDs is usually misleading. That 1000W light probably draws no more than 200W from the wall.

All my previous grows were using General Hydroponics' Flora Trio an Supplements. I used 70% coco coir / 30% perlite as my medium. My plants were started in 10cm / 4" nursery pots, and transplanted into 11l / 3.8 US gal DIY grow bags.

Here is my schedule for my last grow:

full

General Hydroponics Feed Schedule 35% of Label Strength

Leave out what you don't have, but get the KoolBloom, both liquid and dry before you switch them to flower.
How often should I feed the plant nutrients if growing in coco and perlite mix. And do i have to prepare the feed fresh every time or can i store the mixture?

General Hydroponics' states the Flora Trio can be mixed up to a week in advance, I start mixing 1l batches at the seedling stage, then move to four, and finally 18l batches. The 18l batches lasted about 3-4 days in flower for four plants in a 60cm x 120cm 2' x 4' tent.

At the seedling stage I water once every day or two. By the time they are in veg, it's daily. In flower it grows to three times per day. I started my plants in 10cm/4" nursery pots, and transplanted into 11l / 3.8 US gal DIY grow bags. Once transplanted, the plants get about 250ml nce per day, and I get the 10% to 20% run off needed. This increases as the plant grows. When it's more than 500ml, I add a second watering each day. When at two waterings per day my plants need more than 500ml, O go to three times per day. I stay at three times per day, increasing the amount fed to keep getting 10% to 20% run off.

I am sorry I am such a noob. When you say 250ml nce per day you mean you give the plant a total of 250 ml feed ?

I am sorry I am such a noob. When you say 250ml nce per day you mean you give the plant a total of 250 ml feed ?

It's 250ml of the nutrient solution. With coco/perlite every watering is done with a nutrient solution.

Don't get tied to that 250ml. It's what works in my setup, and will increase rapidly. The important part is that 10% - 20% of what you pour in, comes out as run off.

It's 250ml of the nutrient solution. With coco/perlite every watering is done with a nutrient solution.

Don't get tied to that 250ml. It's what works in my setup, and will increase rapidly. The important part is that 10% - 20% of what you pour in, comes out as run off.
Once we mix a batch of our nutrients do we feed the plant with just that or dilute that solution with more water while feeding it to the plants ?

Salt is a great member to have on board with you. The feed you make up is what you actually water with. We use the term water them meaning this. Initially when your seed germinated, you only need water , no feed just water that is at ph 5.8. The ph of your water used is important too. I have not seen it mentioned yet but you need a ph meter to check how acidic/alkaline your water source is. If this is not within the range the nutrient solution needs to work , then you plants roots will not allow feed in.

Once we mix a batch of our nutrients do we feed the plant with just that or dilute that solution with more water while feeding it to the plants ?
What would be a better choice of grow light a mars hydro ts 1000 quantum board or spider farm sf 1000 ?

I think you would be pleased with either light. They both have the same coverage. Here are some comparisons that may help you decide...

The Mars Hydro TS-1000 is physically larger than the Spider farmer SF-1000.
The Mars Hydro TS-1000 uses Epistar LEDs, while the Spider farmer SF-1000 uses Samsung LM301B LEDs.
The Spider farmer SF-1000 (2.7µmol/J) is a little more efficient than the Mars Hydro TS-1000 (2.1--2.35umol/J).
Both are dimmable, but the Spider farmer SF-1000 seems to be easier to adjust. You need a screwdriver for the Mars Hydro TS-1000.

You may also want to look at the PAR maps for the two lights. Both of them are far better that the light I started with over three years ago.

I think you would be pleased with either light. They both have the same coverage. Here are some comparisons that may help you decide...

The Mars Hydro TS-1000 is physically larger than the Spider farmer SF-1000.
The Mars Hydro TS-1000 uses Epistar LEDs, while the Spider farmer SF-1000 uses Samsung LM301B LEDs.
The Spider farmer SF-1000 (2.7µmol/J) is a little more efficient than the Mars Hydro TS-1000 (2.1--2.35umol/J).
Both are dimmable, but the Spider farmer SF-1000 seems to be easier to adjust. You need a screwdriver for the Mars Hydro TS-1000.

You may also want to look at the PAR maps for the two lights. Both of them are far better that the light I started with over three years ago.
What light cycle should I follow for autoflower. And do I need to keep the seedlings in the dark or do they follow the 18 hour light and 6 hour darkness at all stages.

What light cycle should I follow for autoflower. And do I need to keep the seedlings in the dark or do they follow the 18 hour light and 6 hour darkness at all stages.

I grow photos. I've seen 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0 each touted as the 'best' for auto flowers.

Seedlings must get light. I'd start them at 18/6 until you decide what schedule you want them on, and then move to that.

How many plants can I grow with two spider farm sf1000 a 8x4 room and what kind of yield might I be able to get out of it?

The 8 x 4 room cannot be fully used. The coverage is 3x3ft for veg, and 2x2ft for flowering.

The worst harvest I had was 141gm (5oz) from 8 sq ft, or 17.6 gm/sq ft or 190gm/m^2 or 0.47gm/W.
The best harvest I had was 440gm (15.7oz) from 8 sq ft, or 55 gm/sq ft or 592gm/m^2 or 1.4gm/W.

The first was under an 1800W commercial COB that draws 315W from the wall. The second from a eight COB DIY array that also drew 315W from the wall.

Also what height should I be hanging my led at during all the stages? Specially since i dont ha e a dimmer switch on my current led lights how to manage seedling light.

And a sure for way of germenation as well. The weather around here is cold at the moment about 9degree Celsius. I tried germinating a few seeds using the paper towel method but did not succeed. It could be cos of low quality seeds but I have ordered some good genetics from a seed bank and awaiting delivery.

Back
Top Bottom