First time grower from a third world country

Also what height should I be hanging my led at during all the stages? Specially since i dont ha e a dimmer switch on my current led lights how to manage seedling light.
Start at 24" - 30" (60cm to 75cm) above the plants. If they have too long an inter-nodal spacing bring the light closer to the plants, if you see signs of light burn, raise the lights.

And a sure for way of germenation as well. The weather around here is cold at the moment about 9degree Celsius. I tried germinating a few seeds using the paper towel method but did not succeed. It could be cos of low quality seeds but I have ordered some good genetics from a seed bank and awaiting delivery.
Seeds need warmth to germinate. Seedlings need warmth to grow. Here are instructions from a former sponsor that have worked quite well for me:

full

Start at 24" - 30" (60cm to 75cm) above the plants. If they have too long an inter-nodal spacing bring the light closer to the plants, if you see signs of light burn, raise the lights.

Seeds need warmth to germinate. Seedlings need warmth to grow. Here are instructions from a former sponsor that have worked quite well for me:

full
24 to 30 inches above the plant at seedling stage as well ? Or once it has sprouted. I am just worried about my seedlings as I dont have a cfl set up for them and wondering if the led lights might be too strong for them.

24 to 30 inches above the plant at seedling stage as well ? Or once it has sprouted. I am just worried about my seedlings as I dont have a cfl set up for them and wondering if the led lights might be too strong for them.
Yes, start them at 24 to 30 inches above the plant at seedling stage.

Yes a compact fan heater is what most of us use. Just make sure it's not pointing at the plants.
So all I have right now is the flora trio , calmag, ph up and down and might be able to get my hands on rapid grow root formula by general hydroponics. I have installed an ac unit inside my 4x8 room, a humidifier, a heater and a dehumidifier. The lights I have right now are two china made led grow lights which take about two to three hundred watts from the wall. I have covered the room walls with insulation sheets and mylar sheets . Got two exhaust fans installed one on the top for taking air out and one at the bottom to bring in fresh air. My question is how likely am I to succeed in growing with the limited resources I have in my country. Will this be enough or will all my effort go to waste. I am really nervous have already spent about 1500 dollars on all of it as everything is 5 times more expensive here than it's in the states. Give me some encouragement please I have never grown anything before.

the plant is called 'weed' for a reason friend.

you can absolutely grow it,, of some quality,, perhaps not salties quality,, but smokeable for sure.

public safety and your safety are a must,, oh,, and don't overwater if in soil

the plant is called 'weed' for a reason friend.

you can absolutely grow it,, of some quality,, perhaps not salties quality,, but smokeable for sure.

public safety and your safety are a must,, oh,, and don't overwater if in soil

I am going to be growing in a medium of coco and perlite only. What size pot do you recommend I start in and which size do I transplant it in ? I was thinking of putting the seed in a big pot that I will be finishing in so that I can avoid transplanting as I am a newbie and might send the plant into shock. Please advise what will be the best way to go about it. I am sorry about my language skills I hope you understood what i was trying to ask.

Once they have germinated I plant the seeds in a 10cm / 4" nursery pot. From there I transplant into 11l / 3.8 US gal DIY grow bags. They are big enough to grow a plant that takes 60cm x 60cm (2' x 2'). My big plant is in a 10 US gal (40l) pot.

Once they have germinated I plant the seeds in a 10cm / 4" nursery pot. From there I transplant into 11l / 3.8 US gal DIY grow bags. They are big enough to grow a plant that takes 60cm x 60cm (2' x 2'). My big plant is in a 10 US gal (40l) pot.
How many plants do you suggest I start off with? I am planning on growing autoflower only this time around and looking for a yield of about 300gms plus as that's the minimum i will need to get me by before the next grow. I will be adding more lights and equipment by next grow so i can aeast get 600 gms as that's my consumption in two months.

sounds close to 20 ounces each cycle of sixty days or so, probably a bit more,, 70 days

that could easily be 20 plants for a rookie grower,, sure was for me. an ounce a plant was all i was getting,, with small plants compared to many other folks

that is very aggressive indeed

slow and easy is my recommended procedure for any 'new' project

karma sent friend

Try to find Koolbloom in both liquid and dry forms. You'll need it to get the most from your plants.

The germinated auto flower seeds should be planted into their final containers, rather than starting in a small pot and transplanting them.

I agree with @nivek that you should anticipate about an ounce (28gm) per plant while you are learning. Nivek can better guide you with pot sizes than I can for auto flowers.

Your seed costs will be high, count on about $10 USD per seed. I'd buy feminized seed, at least to get started, so all of your plants will be females. About half of the regular seeds will produce male plants. One of our members started five seeds, and all of them were male.

Rather than starting 15 - 20 plants at once, I'd begin with starting four plants every two weeks. This will let you build your skills. If something goes wrong with the older plants, you can learn how to avoid it with the younger ones.

Try to find Koolbloom in both liquid and dry forms. You'll need it to get the most from your plants.

The germinated auto flower seeds should be planted into their final containers, rather than starting in a small pot and transplanting them.

I agree with @nivek that you should anticipate about an ounce (28gm) per plant while you are learning. Nivek can better guide you with pot sizes than I can for auto flowers.

Your seed costs will be high, count on about $10 USD per seed. I'd buy feminized seed, at least to get started, so all of your plants will be females. About half of the regular seeds will produce male plants. One of our members started five seeds, and all of them were male.

Rather than starting 15 - 20 plants at once, I'd begin with starting four plants every two weeks. This will let you build your skills. If something goes wrong with the older plants, you can learn how to avoid it with the younger ones.
I might find dry kool bloom would that be enough ?

I might find dry kool bloom would that be enough ?

I haven't tried it. You can try 20% of the liquid KoolBloom weight. (10ml liquid = 2gm dry)
Liquid KoolBloom NPK = 0-10-10
Dry KoolBloom NPK = 2-45-20

There is quite a problem of black outs in my part of the world. What's the worst case scenario if the lights go out for an hour or two. I will be getting a backup power source soon but incase the lights do go out how bad will it be for my autoflower?

Back
Top Bottom