2x2x5 Tent

Charcoal Filter With 6'' Computer Fan As Exhaust

4" Computer Fan For Intake

Emilys Garden 6 Pot Hydro System

Nutes Flora Nova Grow/Flower

Seed Day 1 Germination Dec 11 2012

Vegitative Growth Began Dec 27 2012

Seed strain Unknown

I have been reading alot on topping and pruning and right now im not sure what i really want to do, or dont know how to do it effictivly i guess is the best way to put it. I would like to be able to use the entire canopy and get as much as i possibly can out of all the plants. There are 3 that arent growing so fast but the other 3 are doing excellent for 29 days in. Comments tips Please!:thanks:

11876.jpg

21440.jpg

31289.jpg

4953.jpg

Re: First Time Grower, Hydro Grow, Tips welcomed

Also forgot to include that the first two weeks i had my seedlings on 18/6 and now i have them on 24/0 or 24/7
Room Temp is a Steady 73 Degrees and 54% humidity.

Well as i stated earlyer im not quiet sure on the strain the seeds are but, its definitely a very bushy indica so i thought i would try to get the most out of my grow and do some LST, to get the smaller nodes a little more growth to even the canopy and give me a better yield:cheer:.

All i did was grab a fan leaf and pulled gently on it in the direction i wanted the plant to grow and simply taped it to the exterior of the growing container. (note this can also be done with a loose knot around the stem). It seems as though that when my seedlings sprouted they were placed about 3-4 inchs below the top of the growing container. As you can see with the other plants that are still working there way up, it may have helped the plants become extra bushyer, since they were trying to fight for light. Currently still trying to figure out why the other 3 are so far behind the others, possibly due to lack of oxygen? Maybe upgrade my air pump? Still thinking, if anyone has any ideas that would be great!...well thats all for know folks il be updating my journal daily with pics. Happy Growing

Well today is Day 39 of Veg Growth and in my previous post i mentioned that i was going to give LST a try even though its a small area to work with. Take a look!

IMG_058218.JPG

Once thee plants are flush with the black line is when i was going to flower
IMG_058118.JPG

IMG_058014.JPG

IMG_057816.JPG

Havent had any issues at all except some prior nute burn but nothing major. I flushed all the water out so they could get a fresh drink with no nutes and will be giving them some food sometime this week. What you guys think so far? My runts picked up quiet a bit and the three big ones have 11 shoots on them. Cant wait to start the flowering oooooohhh baby. Any comments?

they look wonderful so far congrats i think the reSON you are not getting any replys is it looks like you have got the grow under control!!!
im watching and looking forward to seeing the flowering stage and you wer talking about topping earlyer the only real reason to top would to be to push the lower branches to preduce more than the top causing more tops but much smaller but as for you trying to have full canopy coverage it looks like you have it coverd :)

and another thing to add to my last post im not telling anyone what to do but if it was me i would work on trimming the very bottom branches where its not getting any light it will help the plant to focus on the main shoots where you are getting the most light

Thanks for the reply! Ya I did LST, didn't want to top. I did do some trimming about a week ago, so right now I was going to leaf it alone till some time in flower stage. As of right now all the shoots are level and there are 12 per plant. I have been tucking fan leaves instead of cutting. :thanks:

Looking good Maverick!
Welcome to 420, dont worry the subs will arrive , its just a new journal and new member at the min , so get your head out there and make some friends.

I agree with Blazeartglass, I would also trim the bottom that will only produce popcorn and take power and nutes from the top. Once you have that flat canopy they will be obsolete anyway.

Thanks for the reply! Ya I did LST, didn't want to top. I did do some trimming about a week ago, so right now I was going to leaf it alone till some time in flower stage. As of right now all the shoots are level and there are 12 per plant. I have been tucking fan leaves instead of cutting. :thanks:

As for the trimming of the fan leaves everything I have read and from exp its a bad idea to cut them off compleatly unless they are dead but trimming them back some or tucking them is an awesome alternative

I just noticed growers have more oppinions than gear head , you know Chevrolet or ford or Dwc ebb-n flow, trim every fan leaf or don't trim
I do believe my next grow will be 3 ladies from seed, 1. no trim, 2. mild trim or folding fans under, and (my favorite) 4-5" , bend and bust at node 3-4, as growth at nodes is 1/4-1/2", fan leaves are removed as close as possible to main.
with in, want to say houres,a few days you will see major growth.
In a space as small as this it would be a good idea to limit each plant to 4-6 nodes,(8-12 branches)for higher harvest
The room as a whole will benefit from the trimming by a lowering humidity .
OPpinions are like belly buttons...................everybody has one

I just noticed growers have more oppinions than gear head , you know Chevrolet or ford or Dwc ebb-n flow, trim every fan leaf or don't trim

OPpinions are like belly buttons...................everybody has one

True dat. There are many methods that growers base "opinions" upon. However, most of what many call opinions are from experience and observation. There are methods that work and don't work. Its up to the individual grower to choose which method(s) to practice, while seeking advice from people with experience with the preferred method(s) of choice. This thread does have a heading that invites "opinions".

Okay im hearing alot about trimming. Do you mean trim as in shorten the length of the pedals on the fan leaves or trim as in remove entire leaf from plant closest to branch?

These pictures is everything below my canopy, are you saying to remove all of the little leafs and what not?
IMG_058514.JPG

Remove this completely so it is just a branch correct?
IMG_058415.JPG

Maverick420, remove the entire leaf structure to the branch. If you leave a nub, rot and mold can develop rapidly depending on humidity. If you do have to leave a nub , to let a branch shoot develop, watch it closely. In a few days it will shrivel up, try to move it with your fingers, it will come off when ready so don't force it. Don't remove the little leaves growing in the leaf/stem connection, these will be buds soon. Hope this helps.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

When your looking at the top of your canopy all you can see is tops and bud sites which obviously you want, but all the very small branches at the very bottom that will never break through the canopy, remove as they will not recieve light indoors and will just take energy from the rest of the plant.

@Smoke2j's i know im stoked

@JBC420 Okay going to go ahead and do that here in a few minutes il post a pic once done. And what would your recommendation be for the fan leaves at the top of canopy? Trim pedals or tuck?

Back
Top Bottom