First Time Grower Seeking General Guidence In Flowering Stage!!

dutchstudent

Hey guys as my title says my auto ak49 seen below is nearing her end. Getting a jewellers loupe on Monday to check trichomes but don't have one atm. She's in 10l pots of soil and gets bloom nutes.

So we've had a good deal of problems throughout the go and information on this period is scarcer than others so I just want to know really how is she looking??

I also wanted to take a sample during the week is it too early? Only want to take a smaller bud from the lower parts as I just want to sample my babies after the hard work I'm sure you can appreciate!

Final thing is the white tips on the last pic if you can see. I don't think it's anything to major but don't want any big problems at this stage so better safe than sorry!

Thanks guys for all the help it is because of that I've got this far so it's seriously appreciated!

IMAG029819.jpg
IMAG029922.jpg
IMAG030020.jpg
IMAG030421.jpg

Very nice man! Don't go crazy on samples, I've heard it can take a toll on our ladies. Looks like you'll have a good harvest. I'm a few months from that point. Starting my second month of veg right now.

Thanks man yeah I just want to snip a popcorn bud from the bottom just even for a small joint ha.. yeah she's at about day 100 responded well I thought after a very poor first month and have another lucid bolt 9 weeks in veg waiting for this girl to finish so I can flip her.

Nice man 2 months vegging must mean you have a big one on your hands?? Certainly the lucid bolt is already 3 ft going to have to bend her a lot!

Thanks for stopping in and best of luck with the grow!.

Let the soil dry some days before hervest, that will acelarete the drying process! don't forget to flush all does nutrients whit some good water, Good luck, nice plant btw

Actually you've reminded me one of the main reason I made this was to find out when I needed to flush..

How will I know when it's time ?? People say a week to 10 days before harvest but I really have no idea when 10 days before harvest will be!

To me it looks like it has a few weeks to go, but the way to really tell is by looking at the trichomes with a microscope. I have a little pocket one- 60x magnification is more than enough. I usually start flushing when I see mainly cloudy trichomes, usually with a few amber. Search -how to harvest by the trichomes , for more info on that. Personally I would go ahead and pick small buds to smoke if I so desired

To me it looks like it has a few weeks to go, but the way to really tell is by looking at the trichomes with a microscope. I have a little pocket one- 60x magnification is more than enough. I usually start flushing when I see mainly cloudy trichomes, usually with a few amber. Search -how to harvest by the trichomes , for more info on that. Personally I would go ahead and pick small buds to smoke if I so desired

Thanks man about covered everything nicely! Yeah I'll be getting a loupe during the week.. so I flush when I see Amber? Okay I was going to harvest when I saw Amber.. And you would wait what a week after the flush to harvest??

Edit going to search what you mentioned now and hopefully get more info! :)

Yeah- read up a bit. Different people harvest at different trichome stages based on what sort of high they are aiming for. 50% cloudy seems to be a sort of starting point at which to consider flushing/harvesting. I think... I'm still learning and trying to perfect it.
Sometimes i can just tell when my plants have used up all the nutes and I don't even really need to flush, but I usually have 2 or 3 weeks at the end of flowering with no nutrients, and I look for the plants fan leaves to go yellow, while the buds look very frosty and sticky/white without much green in them. Kind of hard to explain but if the plant is looking very green still I flush more. I often use Clearex to flush - a week or so before harvest. I noticed a diy Clearex thread in this forum. There are other products. Not necessary though it just speeds things up a bit by flushing 'better' I think.

Yeah- read up a bit. Different people harvest at different trichome stages based on what sort of high they are aiming for. 50% cloudy seems to be a sort of starting point at which to consider flushing/harvesting. I think... I'm still learning and trying to perfect it.
Sometimes i can just tell when my plants have used up all the nutes and I don't even really need to flush, but I usually have 2 or 3 weeks at the end of flowering with no nutrients, and I look for the plants fan leaves to go yellow, while the buds look very frosty and sticky/white without much green in them. Kind of hard to explain but if the plant is looking very green still I flush more. I often use Clearex to flush - a week or so before harvest. I noticed a diy Clearex thread in this forum. There are other products. Not necessary though it just speeds things up a bit by flushing 'better' I think.

I'll look into it yeah I smoke for stress (self subscribed I might add) but it really does help me to unwind which is why I quite like the couch lock high as I only usually smoke late in the evening!.. thinking for somewhere about 50/50 Amber to cloudy so from what I just read thinking of flushing at about 20% Amber but I'll keep reading to make sure. I guess with this kind of stuff personal experience is the only way to learn so we'll wait and see!

Back
Top Bottom