First time grower with some questions, how do they look?

Bro, when do you think i should switch to 600w? Im using HPS but dimmed down to 250w right now. Also, when i drain the plants it takes a while for the runoff to appear, even longer for it to completely pour out, do i let the pot stay on the plate 5ish minutes until all runoff is out? I read somewhere that you should not let the pot stay in the runoff at all, but its really annoying to empty it serveral times..
Using MH light for start **

Yeah the run off thing is more for soil growers and people.who are feeding too strong. As long as it's light enough it won't make a difference. Think about how a hempy works. Same thing kinda.
Personally I have them under 250w untill they're maybe 6 nodes.
Light as in low nutes?

Light as in low nutes?
Ahh yeah man light means low. Some coco growers do get bad reactions from leaving plants in the run off but its only because they're feeding too strong and/or not enough. Which causes nutes to build up in the pot. When they get run off it's like 5 times stronger than what went In.
If it's week enough though then it won't make a difference.
I have my coco pots sitting in plastic tubs that hold around 3l. I fill to the top of the tub and leave them for 3 days no worries. Basically Turns it into a hempy or autopot. Np we as from sitting in run off unless the nutes were wrong to start with.
Think how most hydro systems work. The roots just get left in the water 24/7 so why would run off cause any damage?
Again, couldn't get away with it in soil but for us hydro growers it's safe as fook as long.as you're feeding the right strength :)

Ahh yeah man light means low. Some coco growers do get bad reactions from leaving plants in the run off but its only because they're feeding too strong and/or not enough. Which causes nutes to build up in the pot. When they get run off it's like 5 times stronger than what went In.
If it's week enough though then it won't make a difference.
I have my coco pots sitting in plastic tubs that hold around 3l. I fill to the top of the tub and leave them for 3 days no worries. Basically Turns it into a hempy or autopot. Np we as from sitting in run off unless the nutes were wrong to start with.
Think how most hydro systems work. The roots just get left in the water 24/7 so why would run off cause any damage?
Again, couldn't get away with it in soil but for us hydro growers it's safe as fook as long.as you're feeding the right strength :)

Sounds awesome mate! Ive been thinking about seting up a scrog so thats great News, would be a Pain to have to empty the runoff lol. :D Are you experienced with scrog? Ive got a plan to start off with topping the 5th leafset of the plant and then tying the two new arms to the sides.. and then continue LSTing until its compatible for a Screen, sounds okay u think?

Thanks alot mate, you really made alot of things easier for me lol

Sounds awesome mate! Ive been thinking about seting up a scrog so thats great News, would be a Pain to have to empty the runoff lol. :D Are you experienced with scrog? Ive got a plan to start off with topping the 5th leafset of the plant and then tying the two new arms to the sides.. and then continue LSTing until its compatible for a Screen, sounds okay u think?

Thanks alot mate, you really made alot of things easier for me lol
No worries mate I like to help out where I can. Someone had to spoon feed me for a while so it's nice to give something back:)
I'm not the man for scrogging though tbh
I use lst and supercropping. Gives a similar result but there's no competing with a well done scrogg. There's plenty guys here that know their shit on the subject though. Just type Scrog into the search bar and filter for thread titles. Won't take you long to bump into a master scrogger from what pops up :).

No worries mate I like to help out where I can. Someone had to spoon feed me for a while so it's nice to give something back:)
I'm not the man for scrogging though tbh
I use lst and supercropping. Gives a similar result but there's no competing with a well done scrogg. There's plenty guys here that know their shit on the subject though. Just type Scrog into the search bar and filter for thread titles. Won't take you long to bump into a master scrogger from what pops up :).
Quick question, i tested the pH of my runoff and its at 6.3, should it be lower or doesnt it matter? I pH test the water with nutes in it and its at 5.7 like you said. Also, i turned my dimmable light up to 400w from 250w, im gonna wait for about a week more then turn it up to full strength 600w, you think they ready for that?

Some Updated photos :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    963.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 145
Hi again, there seem to be forming yellow spots on the leafs, i have not yet added cal+mag, it just arrived in the Mail. Ive been watering them daily with quarter nutes. And im using a 18-6 400W Mh light schedule. What may be the case here you think? The bottom of the picture

Thanks

Attachments

• EE600BF2-44C3-4E5A-B70F-199B77F3817C.jpeg
    EE600BF2-44C3-4E5A-B70F-199B77F3817C.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom