First Time Grower

kroniking

Hello guys and girls

im a first time grower so i didnt really spend to much on this grow seeing as how i dont know what the turn out will be.

OK so to start off i built a 5ft tall 4.5 ft long and 2ft wide box from 2x4s in a 7.5ft tall 9 ft long and 4ft wide concrete room in my basement. From there i covered the outer layer with two layers of black plastic so no light escapes, i have yet to get mylar due to the fact that my seeds aren't planted yet. Then i got two all white 4.25 ft long light shades and hung them 2 feet from the ground so i dont have to raise my lights as much in the beginning of the grow. Right now im just using 4 40w 2900k fluorescent tube lights for my seedling cycle. Then i will have a 150w HPS and a 400w metal halide for veg and flower cycles.

As for soil im using a mixture of compost and soil straight from the ground , i know it sounds pretty bad but im from canada, ontario and the part where i live is know for its nice rich soil. I will also make sure i flush the water for three days before i plant my sprouts to makes sure i clean out any unwanted bacteria.

And now for my seeds, i got my seeds from a stash i bought 2 weeks ago i ended up with 9 good seeds and thats when i decide to start a little grow as a hobby. I got the seeds from a nice batch of Purple Kush but im not to sure how it works when you get your seeds from buds you've boughten.

I Have some photos of my grow setup that i will be posting shortly after a quick sesh and once i figure out how to do it :thanks:

MG_4812.JPG
MG_4808.JPG
MG_4806.JPG
MG_4792.JPG
MG_4795.JPG
MG_4804.JPG

Hello Guys im back with more updates
for this journal i decided to do it after my seeds we're planted
so right now i have my sprouts in soil straight from the ground with some compost mixed into.

2 of my seeds didnt sprout and six of em did
again they are all purple kush if thats how it works when you get seeds from your stash and right now theyre on their 24/o cycle about a week in

these three i planted 6 days ago
MG_4823.JPG

and these other three are 4 days old
MG_4824.JPG

MG_4826.JPG

MG_4828.JPG

MG_4829.JPG

the first three plants i feed them with PlantProd Ultimate seedling/transplant start about 2 days into their life

MG_4832.JPG

#5 ( i have no idea whats wrong, it sprouted like this )
MG_4834.JPG

MG_4833.JPG

the last three i feed with the plantprod 2 days ago again 2 days into they're life span

I had a seventh plant but as you can see from the fifth some of them sprout weird and the seventh one looked to mangle to salvage so i killed it off in case of disease and so fourth. The second weird sprouting that i kept i have trimmed the damage part off to make room for new growth on the plant hoping it will break through this little tragedy and grow to be a nice plant.:thumb:

Im back with more updates
today i transplanted one of my seedlings as a trial
and so far so good no wilting, curling of leaves at all
MG_4840.JPG
MG_4838.JPG

and as for my other plants theyre doing well and i will be transplanting the
rest tomorrow

MG_4851.JPG
MG_4850.JPG
MG_4848.JPG
MG_4847.JPG
MG_4841.JPG
MG_4845.JPG

MG_48791.JPG
MG_4878.JPG
MG_4872.JPG
IMG_48963.JPG
IMG_48956.JPG
IMG_48911.JPG
IMG_48903.JPG
IMG_48861.JPG

here are some updates guys

i finally got a fan for them so the stems can start getting stronger
my ph is 5.8-6.2
i just did my second feed of plant starter

to be honest im surprised i still have 5 plants
ones not in here because its to difficult to take a picture of it
the other night 5 plants fell over when i was filling my pots for transplanting
i lost one of them luckly it was the smallest one and the other 5 had no after effects
seeing as how i had them back in the pots in a second , waters and i feed them with 3 drops of my plant starter to give them a little boost to keep them outta shock and as you can see it worked perfectly (Y)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom