First time grower

Hi Geetar,

Yes, sounds as though things are just fine.

what should be the distance between light and plant about 20"? the reason i ask is, my plants are getting big about 6-8 inches tall and filling out great they have been in dirt for about 20-22 days, a couple of the plants have leafs that are curling up. Is that too much heat or not enough water or both. I dont have pictures because my phone doesnt have a smart chip

Hi Geetar.

20 inches should be plenty of distance from the top of the plants. It's actually a little more distant than I would probably run it. Would be easier to help with pictures. Do you have a digital camera you could use instead of your phone? First reaction to the leaf curl question without photos though is either heat or too much water vs. not enough. Are the temps with the lights on still in the upper 70's to low 80's? If so I would definately rule out heat as that's a great temp. range.

yeah the temp is about 82 only one leaf is curling, out of 5 plants i dont water them until i feel down in the soil to check for dampness I dont think thats the problem, the temp did drop to about 72-73 i have a little heater keeping it at 82 now

well everything looks ok, still haven't figured out how to post pics, but they are about 24" tall and smells nice and stinky, been about 1 month, when would be a good time too start 12-12?

Awesome that everything looks okay!

By moisture level, do you mean relative humidity (RH)? or are you referring to soil dampness? If RH then during vegatative state anything above 50% (50%-75%?) is good. Airflow is the key for me in avoiding mold and/or disease issues. During budding I try to keep it below 50%, with 45% being my target.

Please see some of the earlier posts in this thread for help in uploading photo's. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Be well and happy growing!

As to when to change light schedule, I tend to use my max space and light penatration as a guide. If I know a plant is, generally speaking, going to double (or more) in size during the budding stretch, then I begin 12/12 when the plant is about half of the max size I really want. for me that is about the 18-24 inch mark. I'm using a 600 watt rig and find anything much larger than a 3 1/2 -4 ft. tall plant and the lower bud sites just don't get enough light. I do some selective thinning and topping throughout the grow, but still don't want to just waste the lower portion of the plant if I can avoid it.

i know the moisture level is ok, everything is doing good they are about 24" tall im just starting 12/12 hope it goes well. thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom