First-time grower

Mathewtrujill

420 Member
How do you think this looks first-time grower
420-magazine-mobile279166618.jpg

How do you think this looks

Honestly? Like little buds - the kind that people refer to as "popcorn" if they've not kept the lower portions (under the canopy) of the plants clear of growth and, instead, allow it to come to harvest. A lot of times, people will have a separate "cooking/etc." container that such buds get placed in.

But that doesn't mean that those won't be nice buds! From reading your posts in this thread, I get the feeling that your plant(s) could have used a lot more light throughout the grow. Generally speaking, a plant which has more resources available - and in the correct balance - will produce more/larger buds than a plant of the same lineage which is not so fortunate.

If you have kept a clone, and you add more light (per square foot), you will tend to have a better harvest even though it's basically the same plant. If your light source is not "complete" (in the frequencies that have any bearing on plant life), perhaps adding a different type of light as supplementation may be helpful. Without knowing specifics in your case and, therefore, speaking in generic terms... You are using an LED panel that appears to be comprised of individual monocolor LEDs (aka "blurple"). That means, well... Picture the spectral graph of the sun. It's like an internal combustion engine's torque graph in that there's a line, and a big chunk of real estate under that line. With a light source that is made up of discrete points along that line, you're not looking at a light curve, you're looking at a few spikes on an otherwise empty graph. Adding a HPS or even a fair amount of CFLs will, of course, help because it'll increase your light per square foot in your grow. But it might help more than the numbers alone would lead you to expect, if it adds a portion of the spectrum that is beneficial, but happens not to be present from your LED.

Congratulations on being well along on your first cannabis grow! May you enjoy the fruits of your labor, and use what you learned this time to do even better the next time (and the time after that, and the time after that, and...). In time, you will not only be much more adept at growing, you will also be your own best - and, quite possibly, harshest - critic.

Grow on....

Nice bedside manner, very encouraging! If I'm ever lucky enough to meet someone who knows a bit more about a subject than me, I tend to appreciate it when there's a dialogue that opens things up. A bit of interaction can go a long way and I more often than not learn more than when I'm told in a lengthy and sort of school teacher-ish way. Weed is about sharing and caring, especially on something like this where every single one of us is a pioneer for the future of the plant we love so much :)

IDK about "school teacher-ish," but I have been told upon occasion that my posts can sometimes be a bit lengthy (even though I try to keep them under 50,000 characters ;) ).

Honestly? Like little buds - the kind that people refer to as "popcorn" if they've not kept the lower portions (under the canopy) of the plants clear of growth and, instead, allow it to come to harvest. A lot of times, people will have a separate "cooking/etc." container that such buds get placed in.

But that doesn't mean that those won't be nice buds! From reading your posts in this thread, I get the feeling that your plant(s) could have used a lot more light throughout the grow. Generally speaking, a plant which has more resources available - and in the correct balance - will produce more/larger buds than a plant of the same lineage which is not so fortunate.

If you have kept a clone, and you add more light (per square foot), you will tend to have a better harvest even though it's basically the same plant. If your light source is not "complete" (in the frequencies that have any bearing on plant life), perhaps adding a different type of light as supplementation may be helpful. Without knowing specifics in your case and, therefore, speaking in generic terms... You are using an LED panel that appears to be comprised of individual monocolor LEDs (aka "blurple"). That means, well... Picture the spectral graph of the sun. It's like an internal combustion engine's torque graph in that there's a line, and a big chunk of real estate under that line. With a light source that is made up of discrete points along that line, you're not looking at a light curve, you're looking at a few spikes on an otherwise empty graph. Adding a HPS or even a fair amount of CFLs will, of course, help because it'll increase your light per square foot in your grow. But it might help more than the numbers alone would lead you to expect, if it adds a portion of the spectrum that is beneficial, but happens not to be present from your LED.

Congratulations on being well along on your first cannabis grow! May you enjoy the fruits of your labor, and use what you learned this time to do even better the next time (and the time after that, and the time after that, and...). In time, you will not only be much more adept at growing, you will also be your own best - and, quite possibly, harshest - critic.

Grow on....
Thanks for the advice I think I had to many plants next time im adding. A light an three plants less

Back
Top Bottom