First time grower!

4 of theses in a 4x4x8 tent is what I use for veg and flower off of 1 outlet and fans and meters , these are the 1000 watt leds from mars off the big A , These are all you will need for good light penetration , this is what I use ,1 in each corner of the tent .these have a great reflector on them that focuses the light down on to your plants and doesn't just scatter it all around the room .

Thanks very much for the lighting help ^.^

I was planning on putting each plant in a 10 gallon sterilite bin. When i need to change the water i would fill an extra bin with water + w.e nutrients it needs and switch it out. Clean the one i switched and do it over if needed. Is this process okay? Anything to make it quicker/better?

4 Mars 1000 is certainly an option and I am sure would work fine.
That's 600w with 4 lights that are about 14" x 13" each.
About $600

Or can build one light that fits the 4 x 4 space exactly for even coverage that's 650w and measures 4' x 4' so theres just even coverage wall to wall.
Or build 2 lights that are 2' x 4'
Be about $700, about the same price but better diodes, more efficient.
BUT, ya gotta build it yourself.

I see thanks very much for the helpful insight!
I was planning on putting each plant in a 10 gallon sterilite bin. When i need to change the water i would fill an extra bin with water + w.e nutrients it needs and switch it out. Clean the one i switched and do it over if needed. Is this process okay? Anything to make it quicker/better?

I see thanks very much for the helpful insight!
I don't know shit from shinola about DWC I've only grown in soil.
I am sure someone that knows will chime in shortly

When I want to clean my DWC buckets I just pop my bucket lid with my plant onto another clean empty bucket and let it chill there while I clean it's rezzy. So just one extra container is all you really need.

I'm super jazzed about my new CMH lights but I'll shut up cause I don't want to stir the LED pot. You have been given excellent advice from the previous posters.

When I want to clean my DWC buckets I just pop my bucket lid with my plant onto another clean empty bucket and let it chill there while I clean it's rezzy. So just one extra container is all you really need.

I'm super jazzed about my new CMH lights but I'll shut up cause I don't want to stir the LED pot. You have been given excellent advice from the previous posters.

Perfect i was planning on doing that but adding water into the empty clean one but i guess ill just leave it empty.
Im looking into LED lights, would you recommend CMH lights? If so why?

I just started with CMH a couple days ago so I cannot in good conscience tell you it's superior to anything.

I love LEDs & they work phenomenal. The newer v4 quantum boards with IR & UV are killer & may be the best light out there.

I went with CMH for the dollar per square foot value. That being said a single 315cmh with a good reflector has a 3x3 flowering footprint for 350w draw at the wall and can be had for cheap. There are guys on these forums killing it with CMH.

go with 5 gallon buckets -black , they have handles and are easier than bins to lift plus they transfer easier when you need to change the water , bins work better as a rez .

4 of theses in a 4x4x8 tent is what I use for veg and flower off of 1 outlet and fans and meters , these are the 1000 watt leds from mars off the big A , These are all you will need for good light penetration , this is what I use ,1 in each corner of the tent .these have a great reflector on them that focuses the light down on to your plants and doesn't just scatter it all around the room .

How many watts does one of the 1000w mars light give off?
Is it actually 1000?

Not sure how to answer this compared to other leds or against a hid light , they draw about 150 actual watts from the wall , you cant go wrong either way ,build them or buy them built I just like having 4 separate lights as I can turn on /off each individual light as needed depending on how many plants I am growing and what phase of growth they are in veg /flower plus not every plant in the tent likes the same amount of light , this way I can raise lower each light per each plant plus each one of these lights are dimmable per light , 1 large light means all the plants get the same amount of light , they too also can be dimmed but you dim the whole light plus I have exhaust fans and filter in top of the tent , I can arrange my lights around the exhaust pipe , it is harder to work around this with 1 big light , you have to figure out what the layout of the top of your tent is going to be 1st and 4 lights let's you control the amount of heat in the top portion of the tent a little easier , both of these setups will provide your plants with all the light you will ever need I find also every plant grows different some taller than others so I move 1 smaller light up for that particular plant (or down ) I like to have that flexibility but to each their own.

when they say 1000 watts that is a comparison against the equivalent hid light , so a 1000 watt led is = to a 1000 watt hid , but in the real world I find it will only replace a 600 watt hid not 1000 watt hid plus the light spectrum off these 2 types of lights is different plus the penetration to the lower part of the plant is different , for penetration hids are usually better unless you get into very expensive leds but they also create a lot more heat and use a lot more electricity , too me led is the way to go, the question become do you want to give your plants the best light you can buy or do you want to give your plants very good light and not deal with the problems of heat , plus I had a issue twice where I came home to find the bulb in my hid ,had burnt out and my plants didn't have the proper light for 7 hrs where as led will usually only burn out 1 single led on the board not all of them and I don't need to have extra (back up )bulbs kicking around , leds last a lot longer than hid bulbs plus you need 2 hid bulbs 1 for veg(mh) and a hps bulb for flower , but you can buy a dual hid bulb that works for veg and flower , again to each their own dual bulbs are more money per bulb , I am of the K.I.S.S. philosophy.

So quick question..

What would yield more in a hydroponic DWC setup doing LST and scrogging.

1 plant in a 4x4 tent with 600W HPS light
1 plant in a 4x4 tent with 2 600W HPS light (not sure if thats too much light though)
2 plants in a 4x4 tent with 2 600W HPS lights
2 plants in a 4x4 tent with 1 600 W HPS light

OR

1 or 2 plants in a 4x8 with 2 600W HPS lights
1 or 2 plants in a 5x9 with 2 600W HPS lights

If theres any other variables you need please let me know and ill get back to you ASAP.

Thanks very much and happy growing!!
Hey man I hope all is good with you. Just stopping by to say hi and I can’t wait to see how you get this all put together.
I run hydro setups as well and I love playing with water so I will pull up chair if you don’t mind.
I’m ten minutes north on the 400 from the 401. If you need anything feel free to shoot out a message.

Not sure where your getting your equipment but there r a few stores around that r much better then others as far as saving lots of $$.

Good luck with your setup

Hey man I hope all is good with you. Just stopping by to say hi and I can’t wait to see how you get this all put together.
I run hydro setups as well and I love playing with water so I will pull up chair if you don’t mind.
I’m ten minutes north on the 400 from the 401. If you need anything feel free to shoot out a message.

Not sure where your getting your equipment but there r a few stores around that r much better then others as far as saving lots of $$.

Good luck with your setup
Here’s my setup now it’s a 8 bucket RDWC system in flower with a scrog.

Back
Top Bottom