First Time Outdoor Grower in Portland - Advice?

Hi Norcaliwood

Your reply couldn't have come at a better time. Trying to decide to harvest right now or not. My girl's are outside on my deck again this year and these rainy days have me guessing!

Three of five are mature but haven't had that last calix swell. Two are a bit behind but do show some amber trichomes. So far no evidence of mold or mildew. Since they've been wet i decided to spray with hydrogen peroxide water some days ago. The weather man keeps promising some nice weather but it gets pushed back.

I'm trying to decide if I should risk these nice buds anymore just to get them to fill out a bit but it seems to me that just because I haven't seen any rot or mildew doesn't mean things can't go bad fast. This is only my second year and so far I'm pleased I haven't harvested too early.

I live near a medical grower with covered facilities but they added about ten colorful tents several days ago.... looks like a craft fair.

I know these problems start inside buds but look as I might I don't see rot or mildew yet. I noticed your mention of Oct 7 and I think I should heed the advice of experienced growers.

Hey all from last year! I've had trouble signing on but wanted to see how you were doing.

Thank You Norcaliwood! I assume you've harvested or are protected from weather?

LOL, I do have a greenhouse but my girls tend to outgrow it,, so I lay them on their sides and pull them under the patio and throw acouple fans on them. You really need every day you can for most strains here. Soon as I see that first tell tail sign of bud rott, I cut and run. Opened up a carnival next door huh. Don't blame them, alot of monies out there in that crop. There are some local strains that finish in a timely manner. And some Canadian Strains also. Really hard to get the hazes etc in here. I've only been growing here for 9-10 years and it's a hard one to do. Alot harder than other places I've grown. GL to all ya'll and Keepem Green

Norcaliwood,

Thanks for your input. The girls are dry at the moment and we're supposed to get a couple nice days so I'm hanging on and I too will cut the minute I see rot etc..

I totally understand my neighbors efforts and am mostly informed how important it is to keep buds dry. They know what they're doing so when I saw the tents going up I thought about harvesting. Five days later... still hanging in there. Just want to see those calyxes swell some more.

Hope everyone has a nice harvest season!

Guys next year. do yourself a favor and get 20/25 INCH Felt smart Pots and Fox Farm soil. No More Hard Plastic. trust me. growing Over 40 Years. Me and My wife topping.

CAT 11179 CD359 IT'S ALMOST HARVEST TIME.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom