First time post, just starting out...

lahzarel

420 Member
Hello friends,

I'm looking to start growing as I am trying to help myself with post stroke recovery. It's been 5+ years and been researching the effects that might aid in intention tremors as well.

I've already purchased seeds from CropKing and am waiting on those. However, I need a Grow Tent and such. I wonder if I might ask for help and show the pieces I'm considering. My space is small, so I don't mind starting small. Thanks!

Grow Tent - Vivosun 36"x36"x72"

Light System - King Plus 100w LED Grow Light

or the VIPARSPECTRA 450w LED Grow Light

Fan System - Vivosun 4" Air Filtration Kit

Any help or advice from the community is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and be well.

:welcome:

All that above looks good. I have a light from @TimberGrowLights (which is a 420 sponsor) and I have heard good things about @GROWant (another 420 sponsor).

The best advice I have it start growing and make a lot of mistakes! Start a journal and document the good and the bad and let members help you improve along the way. I prefer soil because, imo, it is fairly easy to get a good grow without a lot of extra steps. If you go soil, look into fabric pots as they are super forgiving and produce great plants.

:goodluck:

I'm a LED grower and don't know that I'd recommend either of those two lights, but if I had to pick from the two, believe it or not, I'd take the 600w over the 1000w. The ACTUAL power draw on the 600w is 269w and the actual power on that "1,000w LED" is only 185w! That 185w is not enough to flower in a 3'x3'

The being said, I'd check out some of the sponsors here including Mars Hydro. They have some decent lights at reasonable prices and a very active forum at:

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

And, their rep, @SmokeSara is quick to respond to any issues.

Also, that fan will PROBABLY work fine, but I'd consider upgrading to the 6". The 4" is rated at 203 CFM, but, in real life you're gonna lose about 20% when you add the carbon scrubber and lose more for any turns in the ducting. Plus, the more watts in light you throw in there, the more heat you'll generate. You'd be safe with the 6".

I recently purchased the VivoSun 4'x4' tent but haven't even unboxed it yet, so can't give you any opinions there except, from what I saw and read, it seemed like a decent (not the best!) tent at a very low price.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

Thanks for all the feedback!

I will go with the VIPARSPECTRA then and see how that works. Unfortunately, my budget is tight to start. But I can always add/change things later. Really appreciate all the advice. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom