First Time Using Tent

I have another hopefully simple question: checked the ph of my rainwater, and it's 6.1-6.3. after I added a teaspoon of ff's Grow Big, and a teaspoon of CleanKelp, the ph dropped to 5.3. do I need to adjust the ph again after adding those nutes? not too sure what to do.

IN fact 1000 watts by itself is IMO a bit too big for that tent

Way too big!

The name is a misnomer, they label it 1000W because it's equivalent to the old 1000W HID lights, Mars Hydro do this with their TS1000 LED too. It pulls 100W from the wall, or thereabouts depending on which one it is.

1000 is just a marketing thing, it sounds macho and attracts the bro's.

j

Way too big!

The name is a misnomer, they label it 1000W because it's equivalent to the old 1000W HID lights, Mars Hydro do this with their TS1000 LED too. It pulls 100W from the wall, or thereabouts depending on which one it is.

1000 is just a marketing thing, it sounds macho and attracts the bro's.

j

I still stand by my post. What is the equivalent Lumens rating for a 1000 LED, since you brought it up. Peace :)

What is the equivalent Lumens rating for a 1000 LED, since you brought it up. Peace :)

More importantly you want to know about PAR. Lumens are the spectrum that our eyes perceive. The higher the Lumen the brighter the light source is to our eyes. PAR is the spectrum that plants absorb or perceive. The higher the PAR the more intense the light source is for the plants.

It would be best to take measurements across your grow area at the height your light is away from the canopy; it will vary with height and around your grow area. The further away the light is, the less intense but more evenly distributed.

As for the Lefreshinsoft, the ad for the F1000 states: 'it pulls an actual 100 watts from the wall', this is what most refer to when talking LED's

;)

j

Here are the charts for a SF1000 and VS1000, they draw 93 watts and 98 watts respectively.

Spider Farmer SF1000 – ppfdcharts.com
Vivosun VS1000 – ppfdcharts.com

Scroll down to view the charts at different test heights.

Note: these results are for the SF and Vivosun, not the Lefreshinsoft, so it will give you a 'rough' guide as to what you can expect - from each light.

As mentioned above... and especially since you are using two of them (there will be overlap), at different heights, with a dimmer, you are better off to take measurements yourself so you know what your true values are.

There is an app (Photone) you can use if your phone is capable ... I hear it's 'reasonably' accurate.

Some reading for you:

Understanding Grow Light PAR, PPFD, Wattage and DLI (2022)

;)

j

Thank you for posting the info you reference. I knew the answer, but felt that you should go ahead and explain to our member. Very nice and comprehensive. I do not agree that all model xx1000 mean 1000 watts. It has appeared to me that all LED companies use interesting marketing strategies to possibly mislead buyers. I am not saying all companies do this, but it almost appears to be subjective, for a loss of a better term.

Peace.

It has appeared to me that all LED companies use interesting marketing strategies to possibly mislead buyers.

They didn't mean to mislead buyers, there is method to the madness, as explained in that last link. It was also handy for those with old lights, they could use it as a guide to replace 'like for like' intensities when upgrading to LED.

As more people phase out their old lights and switch to LED... and particularly after LED technology becomes even more efficient, I imagine the companies still using those old numbers will drop the '1000', etc. from their model names.
Many manufacturers these days are advertising the wattage they draw from the wall to avoid confusion, complaints about false advertising and to not mislead.

j

Yeah, it is crazy. Like I was saying. From one company to another, there is no consistency with regard to the actual power. I know the guys at Spectrum King and I got to do a couple podcasts with them. Spider Farmer sent me an SF2000 which I found to perform similarly to a 250HID.

I am sure that the issue will be resolved at some point, but right now everyone really needs to do their research before buying an LED. Thanks for the conversation, R

Here are the charts for a SF1000 and VS1000, they draw 93 watts and 98 watts respectively.

Spider Farmer SF1000 – ppfdcharts.com
Vivosun VS1000 – ppfdcharts.com

Scroll down to view the charts at different test heights.

Note: these results are for the SF and Vivosun, not the Lefreshinsoft, so it will give you a 'rough' guide as to what you can expect - from each light.

As mentioned above... and especially since you are using two of them (there will be overlap), at different heights, with a dimmer, you are better off to take measurements yourself so you know what your true values are.

There is an app (Photone) you can use if your phone is capable ... I hear it's 'reasonably' accurate.

Some reading for you:

Understanding Grow Light PAR, PPFD, Wattage and DLI (2022)

;)

j
This is good info for all the growers old and new.

here are the two girls upstairs. how do they look? about 18 days on 12/12.
DSCN1561.JPG

Hey all,

Been really busy with fall planting. Looking good. Sorry I was not checking in more. What model lamp is that?

Here is a similar pik from my test SF2000 grow. oooops! I will

sf2000.midflower2.JPG

sf2000.canopy.JPG

those are two lefreshinoft LF1000 that seem to have done an outstanding job upstairs. so much so, that I have to take a clipping from #9 to see how the trichomes are doing under the microscope. I think it's almost ready to chop down.
and I am drying a plant from outside upstairs. my drying room is completely dark, and 70 degrees with 50% RH. is that perfect or do I need to get the temp down a bit. third day of drying today.
thanks for all your help.

those are two lefreshinoft LF1000 that seem to have done an outstanding job upstairs. so much so, that I have to take a clipping from #9 to see how the trichomes are doing under the microscope. I think it's almost ready to chop down.
and I am drying a plant from outside upstairs. my drying room is completely dark, and 70 degrees with 50% RH. is that perfect or do I need to get the temp down a bit. third day of drying today.
thanks for all your help.
Most excellent RH for drying curing is 58-62 %. Good luck with your harvest.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom