First Grow - Germinated Seeds and Need a Little Help

Mountain Grown

First Grow - Germinated Seeds - Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, This is my first grow and it is ambious I know.

Setup: 4x4 Grow Tent - Currently 14 seedlings Bubblegum & White Widow Max (Holland Genetics).

Seedlings are in 16 oz Plastic Cups (trimed down) (4 seedlings are in the cone style tray) Got caught off guard, Seeds were over germinated at exactly 3 days (72 hours). Seeds went into Sunshine mix on Monday night.

Soil is Sunshine Number 4 with additional Perlite.

Currently - Tent Humidity is 60% (stays between 50 - 60 %) - Temp is 75. T5 (4x2 4 bulbs) light is 15" off plants (out of dome). Fan circulating air and humidifier providing the humidity. Lights are on 24 hours. Dome heating pad and the heater I had running in the room (not the tent) are now off. Room cools off at night and has gotton down to 67/68 (in tent). Will move plants to sealed grow room with 600w MH lights for Veg. How long do I wait?

Seedlings look great - won't water again till they look dry.

Questions: Anything wrong here? Should I have left the heating pad under the cups? When do I add nutrients? (using Fox farm) Light at proper height? We will PH the water tomorrow night. 70 gallon Water tank started leaking replacing tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.....I will need all I can get.

JM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: First Grow - Germinated Seeds and need alittle help.

There is a fan moving air but not directly on the plants.

1. What temp to avoid?

I will lower the light, but like you said I do not want to burn the plant.... T5 has 4 bulbs I can shut two off and move down onto the plants.

I need info on wiring a fan to a simple themostat.....

Thank you

Temp range 71 - 76 Humidity 55 - 60 %. I added a timer to the humidifer, hour on, hour off. I might change this today to hour 15 minutes off, hour on. T5 Light about 4" from plants.

Girls (positive programing) are all just starting to show second set of leaves. I will add pics later today.

Tested our well water Ph is 7.4 which is to high. If I remember correctly should be about 6 - 6.5 for the plants correct?

Humidity is staying at about 55 %. Temp 75.

Ph needs to be a lot lower like you said 6 - 6.5, and raise the humidity a little by putting a open container of water out to evaporate or a wet towel. You will see the Humidity rise!! Pics wanted :)

SG

Sounds like you are off to a good start! T5s don't give off much heat so you can really pound those babies with light. Count me in on this grow, lets see some pics!!:ganjamon:

Sounds like you are on the right track...nutes make sure to stay really light on and only once a week. Babies are tender. :ganjamon:

Everything else sounds great, got a camera?

:peace:

My PC is in the shop and it has my camera software on it. I should have it back today. I will take pics. I ph'ed the water at 5.7. is that to low? I did a flush thru my soil mix just to check the PH and it bumped up .1 - .2 . Am I shooting for 5.8 - 6.2?

I also transplanted the WWM plants that were in the little starter cones. I hope I did not kill them. I will do it a little differently next time.

Again thank you all for your help. I will post pics tonight (assuming I get my PC back today). I'm working on my laptop which is not setup for the camera. I will also include pics of the sealed grow room.

Well I just realized you were soil, my medicated head thought you were hydro! :( I believe that soil likes a little bit higher Ph ( correct me here if I am wrong guys). Be sure to let those clones get a good lookin root mass before transplanting also.

SG

Well I just realized you were soil, my medicated head thought you were hydro! :( I believe that soil likes a little bit higher Ph ( correct me here if I am wrong guys). Be sure to let those clones get a good lookin root mass before transplanting also.

SG

My outdoor soil babies sit at a pH level right at 7 and they love it. hope this helps ;)

Hello and sorry about the wait. Here are the pics. White Widow Max is on the right and the Bubblegum is on the left. I will take more pics without the flash today.

Well I was going to attach pics how do you upload to this site?

Any suggestion on getting pics posted here? How is it this site doesn't have the ability to upload from a PC?

Any suggestion on getting pics posted here? How is it this site doesn't have the ability to upload from a PC?

If I remember right you need to have a certain number of posts to be able to upload and share pics. Sorry someone has not said anything earlier. If you want me to post them for you PM me and we can work something out.

SG

Edit: here is the link for the photo tutorial.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Ok, I have transplanted my plants and they are in my sealed grow room. I hope I get the pics here
Monday20020101_01.JPG
Monday20020101_06.JPG
Monday20020101_06.JPG
Monday20020101_04.JPG
Monday20020101_02.JPG

Could adding photos be any more cumbersome.....WTF

Heheh. I sympathize. Once they're in your gallery, you can use this button to put them in your thread. Its in the little tool bar when you're composing a post.

Great setup. Very neat and well planned, can't wait for pics of the plants.

I was reading through the previous pages, and it seems a wee bit confusing. I hope you don't mind if I summarize a few points.

The light:

Don't worry about burning your plants with a T5. Unless they are still seedlings, you will want to turn on all bulbs in the t5 and put it 2-5" above the plants. The plant will basically need to be touching the bulb to burn from heat.

For the other lights, as was said, put the back of your hand under the bulb. If you can keep it there for a minute without it being uncomfortable, that's the height you want your light.

The nutes.

These are the target PH I use for the various mediums:
pH in Hydro: 5.7-5.8
pH in Soil: 6.2-6.3
pH in ProMix: 5.8

Then you should let it drift .2-.4 from those for a few days, then bring it back.

The Atmosphere:

Temp: 79 day / 69 night
Hum: 50%

Come close to those in both veg and flower. There is some tweaking you can do to atmosphere if you wanna raise/lower any of those variables they have effects on the plants. But I'd try for those numbers for now.

Great stuff. Welcome to 420 and the Cannabis game!

+Reps

:peace::rollit:

EDIT: One other question. I didn't see any mention of CO2 yet. Judging from your setup, I'm sure this is something you plan to include in the equation? If so, you can raise temps a hair, and increase light and nutes by 30%.

Nice setup my friend I also have a 4X4 tent (advertised a 3X3 when its 3" 11' X 3" 11') like how your mounted the ballasts.

Here are the two photos that bombed for some reason:

Monday20020101_04.JPG

Monday20020101_07.JPG

Noted a little burn on two of the taller MMW so I rasied the lights. This is day 3 in the grow room:

Well, plants were transplanted on Sunday and moved to the sealed grow room. WWM handled the stress better than the BG did. They look good now. I discovered that the reason I had to flush my plants as stated in a previous post, like an idiot I accidentally gave them nukes instead of food.

Sealed grow room specs= 14 x 6.5 x 8’ tall

(1) Sentinel CHHC+ Environmental Controller
(2) Radiant ac 6” hoods - 600w lights
(2) Ballasts are located outside of the room (to cut heat in grow room)
(1) 16” oscillating fan (waiting on wall mount fan coming this week)
(1) 50 lb CO2 tank - feed tube mounted on back of fan for distribution.
(1) 50 pint dehumidifier (not on controller and additional source of heat)
(1) Air Scrubber - Active carbon can filter with a 6” duct fan mounted on top on timer
Venting – closed loop. Air comes from outside room , thru lights, back out of room to outside. Fan located outside of grow room in duct work (pulls the heat).
All ducting is insulated including metal hoods (best we could).

Current environmental settings:

Temp = 83
Humidity = 65 – 70%
Co2 = 1200 ppm
Lights = 24/7
Water = PH 6.2 - 6.4

Any advice appreciated.
Does anyone have any advice on:

1. light distance
2. feeding schedule
3. how much water to use in a 3 gal pot (gave each pot 1/2 gallon this morning.

I hope to add one more light to this room in the furture.

Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom