Gorilla Glue Number 4 SOG Grow

Sir BongsWorth

This will be my first real sea of green (SOG) grow. Here are the details of what I am using as well as my setup for this grow.
I am using M3 water only super soil. I started with 15 seeds though I am only using 12 of them to fill my tent. Each seed was soaked in tap water for almost 48 hours. After the water was drained and germinated seeds were put on a wet paper towel. I then filled clear solo cups with my M3 super soil and watered down the medium. I made a 3/4" hole with a pencil in the center of each cup then with care I put each seed into the soil filled solo cups, one per cup. Attached are photos of the seedlings as of today.
I am using a 45 watt led grow light inside the seedling tent. My seedling tent is 2'×3'×3'. I also have one 6" fan and a little space heater ran with temp probe so it only comes on when needed.
I have never needed a dome cover for humidity in my seedling tent. Not even for clones I have done.
So Far To Date:
- Aug, 28th
Put 15 GG#4 seeds in tap water

-Aug, 30th
Put the 15 GG#4 seeds in clear solo cups with M3 soil

-Sept, 1st
11 of 15 seeds sprouted

-Sept, 2nd
12 of 15 seeds sprouted. Looks like 3 will not sprout so I pulled those cups from the tent.

Attachments

• 20180903_090638.jpg
    20180903_090638.jpg
    962.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 20180903_090622.jpg
    20180903_090622.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 222
What's "M3 water?"

I'm curious as to why you are growing 12 plants from seed for a SOG, especially in a space that's only 3' tall, instead of using one (or more) of them to produce a mother plant, then taking cuttings and rooting them for the SOG. Severe time constraints? Is your breeder's version of that strain known for only having one phenotype? Do you have any worry that they'll grow at different rates (in terms of height)?

Good luck on your grow!

I’m wanting to do a sog grow soon. I think I will use clones but either way is pretty cool and in interested in see how your grow goes. I’ve always heard you can yield more in a sog grow. I’m currently growing in a 5x5 and put 4-5 plants in there. What size is your flower tent by the way.✌️

What's "M3 water?"

I'm curious as to why you are growing 12 plants from seed for a SOG, especially in a space that's only 3' tall, instead of using one (or more) of them to produce a mother plant, then taking cuttings and rooting them for the SOG. Severe time constraints? Is your breeder's version of that strain known for only having one phenotype? Do you have any worry that they'll grow at different rates (in terms of height)?

Good luck on your grow!

I am sorry for the confusion with M3 in my opening post. M3 is a brand made here in my state. It is a water only super soil. I never add anything to my plants from seed to harvest except water.
I am starting a SOG from seed cause I have yet to get a tent setup for mothers only. In the future I plan on getting it so I can make this process easier. As of right now my plans are simple. Start first SOG from seed. Once they grow and I remove lower growth when transplanting, I will clone my next 12 from them. This way I get 24 plants out of 12 seeds.
In terms of height of these plants I plan on pinching to help control even growth. Now for the ones that want to stick it to the man, me, I have a shelf setup I can adjust so I can keep an even canopy and not have to adjust my lights so often.
When those 12 seedlings are ready they will be moved into 2 gal pots and into a 4'×3'×5' tent under two 600watt leds. I hope this answers your questions!

I’m wanting to do a sog grow soon. I think I will use clones but either way is pretty cool and in interested in see how your grow goes. I’ve always heard you can yield more in a sog grow. I’m currently growing in a 5x5 and put 4-5 plants in there. What size is your flower tent by the way.✌️
I have two bigger tents I veg/flower in. They are 4'×3'×5'. I can fit 12 2gal pots in one tent.

Once they grow and I remove lower growth when transplanting, I will clone my next 12 from them. This way I get 24 plants out of 12 seeds.

You've probably already thought of this, but just in case you haven't, I strongly suggest you label both sets of plants so that after harvest/dry/cure of the first set, you'll know which clone(s) are from the plant(s) that you found to best suit your needs. In a packet of seeds (of decent quantity), it seems like there is usually one or two that stand out from the rest.

I hope this answers your questions!

Yes, thanks.

You've probably already thought of this, but just in case you haven't, I strongly suggest you label both sets of plants so that after harvest/dry/cure of the first set, you'll know which clone(s) are from the plant(s) that you found to best suit your needs. In a packet of seeds (of decent quantity), it seems like there is usually one or two that stand out from the rest.

Yes, thanks.
I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the tip! I only want to clone once then the next batch will be seed again. That to me is the hardest part,getting the timing of the seeds down.

Going to follow this one as well. My next grow will be gorilla glue by fastbuds. Been debating doing the 5 plants I can legally grow from my license or doing 8 in a sea of green in my 2x4 tent.
I wouldn't do anything to put your livelihood at risk. Learn to grow brilliantly with what you can do and I promise your ladies will give brilliantly in return!

Pennywise just started a new sog grow and is hoping to get 50 in a 4x4 I believe he said. Gonna be from seed at first as he hunts for desirable phenotypes of a few different strains and will keep those as mothers. Might be worth checking out. Excited to see these GG4’s grow.

Here is a list of my equipment I am using for my grows.

LIGHTS:
Morsen 600W LED Grow Light Panel grow light Professional LED Grow Light Morsen led grow light is designed full spectrum for satisfying almost all indoor plants growers. Morsen has own factory, research, design, development, production and testing teams to support the high quality products. All Morsen grow lights will be tested for 48 hours before shipping, to make sure each light in their perfect condition Led Chips: 60 LEDS double chips Coverage Area: 3 x 2 Square Feet LEDs Angle: 120° Lifespan: 100,000 hours Weight: 5.7 lbs Dimension: 9.3 x 5.7 x 2.1 inches Certificates: CE, ROHS Actual Power Consumption: about 116w full spectrum grow light full spectrum Led Grow Light Why choose Full Spectrum ? Red 620~660nm: the best spectrum for plant flowering and fruiting Blue 430~460nm: It is maximum peak points for vegetative growth and absorption White:Full-spectrum / wide-Kelvin provide fill for all missing spectrums and add Lux UV: Process of chlorophyll absorption begins. UV has the unique function of sterilization and kills phytopathogenic bacteria IR: Look dim, There is little absorption by Chlorophyll here, but Phytochrome uses a nice portion. Flowering and germination is influenced IR: 2 LEDS Red: 26 LEDS Blue: 16 LEDS Yellow: 4 LEDS Warm Light: 4 LEDS Orange: 4 LEDS White: 4 LED Note: The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments 3 mode 3 Lighting Modes Two On-off switch on the back of the light, easily control the brightness of light. pars Par Value Par value is determined by the height of the illumination The closer the distance the higher the Par value We recommend the installation height is 12-24 inch which is most suitable for plant growth wide light angle 120° wide angle illumination 120° wide angle illumination which can cover more areas for plants ! heatproof State of The Art Cooling System 2 UL certificated cooling fans Strong heat dissipation design and adopting isolated power supply, Low noise, lifespan up to 100,000 hours.

YGROW Full Spectrum 45W LED Grow Light, with Optimal Sunlight Full Spectrum layout, reflector design and excellent heat dissipation, is ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and bloom at all growth stages. Features: ✔Superior 60 degree reflector:higher light intensity,reducing light loss and promoting light absorption up to 98%,help to promote the rapidly growth of plants. ✔Optimal Spectrum: 630nm:98pcs,660nm:28pcs, 470nm:44pcs, 3000K:12pcs and 6500K:14pcs.Only provide the most useful light spectrum for plants growing better bay by bay! ✔Aluminum back plate for excellent heat dissipation.Can replace 3 to 5 times the power of high pressure sodium, saving your electricity bill. ✔Wide Application:eek:ur growing lamp efficiently shorten the growth cycle,provide anti-season plants,veg and flowers, also increase the yield to a great degree, bring more commercial benefit, suitable for both home and commercial planting.

I have four of the 600W lights, two per tent and one 45W light for my seedlings/clones.

BLOWER MOTOR
I am running one 6" blower with carbon filter and pre-filter. It is T'ed between both grow tents, plumbed through the top side 6" holes.

FANS
I have 3 6" clip fans in each grow tent. One is placed infront of the port the AC comes in at, one across and about 2' above the floor to give cooled circulation through plants and the last fan is placed at the top blowing out from the 6" opening on top of the grow tents to push the hot air out of the tent.
The seedling then has only one 6" clip fan to help circulate the air inside. One side vent is always open at the top side of the tent to let any hot air out.

HEATERS
I am using 1 office sized personal space heaters in each tent for those cold winter nights.

I hope this isnt too much information. Just want others to know what I'm running. Enjoy the read!

**UPDATE**

The little ones are doing good. No more training wheels needed ( talking about the pipe cleaner ties). Posting these pictures to show their progress

Attachments

• InShot_20180907_194055986.jpg
    InShot_20180907_194055986.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 214
  • InShot_20180907_194137793.jpg
    InShot_20180907_194137793.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 170
  • InShot_20180907_194152720.jpg
    InShot_20180907_194152720.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 20180907_190310.jpg
    20180907_190310.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20180907_190304.jpg
    20180907_190304.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 170
**UPDATE**

The little ones are doing good. No more training wheels needed ( talking about the pipe cleaner ties). Posting these pictures to show their progress

They are looking good and i like your set up! Cant wait to see more. Going to take a seat and enjoy the show!:popcorn:

**UPDATE**

going on week 2 since these little ones broke soil. Looks like the stretching has slown down. All looking good

Attachments

• 20180912_161037.jpg
    20180912_161037.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 20180912_161027.jpg
    20180912_161027.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 20180912_161056.jpg
    20180912_161056.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 20180912_161049.jpg
    20180912_161049.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180912_161043.jpg
    20180912_161043.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 181
Just a heads up, but GG#4 is clone only. So what you are growing are S1's of GG#4, which will give you different phenotypes. Not a bad thing, just not GG#4. Hopefully you get the chocolate pheno.

Good luck

Just a heads up, but GG#4 is clone only. So what you are growing are S1's of GG#4, which will give you different phenotypes. Not a bad thing, just not GG#4. Hopefully you get the chocolate pheno.

Good luck
I had no idea about that! Makes sense now that I think about it. My first GG#4 grow I got lucky then. Both plants matured with a faint coffee sent. The taste and sent was dead on for GG#4. I have two now I just put in 24hr of dark yesterday and they are totally different from the first two. Smell is more diesel and dank heavy. Thanks so much for that information!!!

The pheno I'm running now has a heavy cocoa smell. It is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom